The Secret Sacred Site of Nail Technology

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oceana

Reaction score
Who remembers this??

How things change and evolve......aaaah the good old days huh??? ;)

i remember cb .,....lol

things do change........... some for the better.....hopefully!

i know that many members who no longer post... and many have left the site ... but as an 'oldie' (well i hope im nt seen as old im nt even 30 yet,,....lol) i do miss some aspects and the laughs ive had on the site......... and that some members no longer post.... i guess new ppl means new things and it could be the way forward.... but i do miss how things used to be too :hug:

Jess
xoxo

What site are you talking about?
I'm confused :confused:

Ya I take it from the title that it is a secret but.... I WANNA KNOW!!

Ya I take it from the title that it is a secret but.... I WANNA KNOW!!

I think that Clare is just talking about how things were when the site was first set up. Just how things change and people come and go.
That's life I suppose, things change, some people move on, some may leave the industry altogether.

OOOH I see. Well in that case I am glad I belong.:hug:

I feel so old!! Hahaha :)

Oh yes, I remember. I also remember a time when I would be trawling through the Beauty Tech site and wonder who this 'Nail Geek' guy was! *LOL*

What a shame the original format of the site doesn't exist anymore - I asked Sam about it once and it's definately not around.

Jackie
x

Now that would be cool jackie!

It wasn't that long ago I stopped coming here via samuelsweet.com!!!!!

Come on there must be some more "old faces" here! xx

Oh wow, wish i could have been around in those days - i have been in the business for 8 years but only just stumbled upon this site!!! No ones ever mentioned it, i am, however going to start promoting it to my staff in my salon so there should be a few more members shortly!

Who knows some may already be on here just havent mentioned it too me.....mmm thats started a train of thought! I will find out for definite tommorow and let you guys know!:green:

I remember reading about the site in scratch years ago, but at the time was in a salon and too busy really to look, it wasnt untill I had left the salon and started up at home that I actually got around to joining and realised what I had been missing, by that time it was a well established site, with quite a lot of members but nothing like the amount is has now.

I'm confused.
Is the site you're referring to the "original" of this one?

or a different site altogether??

I'm confused.
Is the site you're referring to the "original" of this one?

or a different site altogether??

it was this site.... but as it has evolved its changed quite a lot in the past 3 yrs!....it used to look totally different .... and it used to be Sams name (samuelsweet.com) nt the nail geek or the salon geek

hth

Jess
xox

it was this site.... but as it has evolved its changed quite a lot in the past 3 yrs!....it used to look totally different .... and it used to be Sams name (samuelsweet.com) nt the nail geek or the salon geek

hth

Jess
xox

The earliest member since date I have noticed is 2003, is that when it started or earlier?

Well I've been around for years and in that time had 3 name changes lol

Well I've been around for years and in that time had 3 name changes lol

omg... yeah... i forgot that... werent you lesley1965 and the just Lell ?.......and then you became our fav lellipop :hug:

omg... yeah... i forgot that... werent you lesley1965 and the just Lell ?.......and then you became our fav lellipop :hug:

Yep became Lellipop due to Cb calling me popsy lmao I do often wonder what became of some of the orginal crew, Perhaps we could launch Geeks reunited.

The site went live January 9th 2003 and I remember when it was just a handfull of us geeks.....
Some oldies have left and some have stayed, but more important this site has evolved into something very special and unique ..... Its a real community with real people, ok people that sit behind monitors but never the less, they all feel pretty real to me, just like a family and just like any family, it has its ups and downs, but when all is said and done, it is still a Geeky Nail family at its best xxx

Latest posts

Back