The ultimate poll - Should sprouts go in room 101? (BTW the answer is YES!)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should sprouts stay or go?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't be silly, real sprouters will always win :green::green::green::green:

Yeah that's what Darth Vader said and look what happened to him! Although he did look hot in black!

Yeah that's what Darth Vader said and look what happened to him! Although he did look hot in black!

Typical of a sprout hater - all hormones and spite:green::green::green::green::green:

I voted NO!!!

A SPROUT IS FOR LIFE...........NOT JUST FOR CHRISTMAS.

Not anymore it isn't :lol:

This is like the D day landings all over again.

(Before you all say anything, I've read about it in books - okay)

mmmmmm......I confess I'm a sprout lover ...:green::green:

This is like the D day landings all over again.

(Before you all say anything, I've read about it in books - okay)

lol we believe you, thousands wouldn't:lol:
Ok, I read about it to:lol:

oh i am sooo loving the sprout percentage right now :)today WILL have to be sprout loving day xxxx

Study finds taste gene - The Stanford Daily Online
"Researchers at the Stanford Medical Center have recently discovered the gene responsible for detecting a bitter-tasting chemical known as phenylthoicarbamide, or PTC. Their findings may help to explain some people’s natural dislike of certain “bitter” foods such as broccoli and brussel sprouts.

Previous research has shown that variations within the taste genes of chromosome seven allow some people, classified as tasters, to detect the bitterness of the chemical while others, nontasters, are unable to experience the sensation. Risch’s team recently identified a specific gene with a variation that is strongly linked to tasting ability.

It has at least five different forms, but the various levels of sensitivity to taste are linked to three specific forms — AVI, PAV and AAV — depending on the sequence of amino acids. People who inherit two copies of AVI genes, one from each parent, are nontasters. Those who inherit two PAV genes, however, are extremely sensitive to the bitter taste. People who inherit AVI / PAV or AAV / PAV pairings are less sensitive but still able to detect the PTC while those who inherit the AVI / AAV combination are generally nontasters."

So, whether you like or dislike brussel sprouts is determined by your genes.

Marion x (brussel sprout lover!)

CAN SOMEBODY CLOSE THIS THREAD PLEASE?

I'll have no choice other than to report it to The European Court of Human Sprouts in BRUSSELS.

Sprouts for me please!!

Have been trawling the internet and found that those able to taste the bitter chemical are also less likely to eat fatty food (or all you sprout haters skinny?) and those who can't taste it are more likely to be smokers.

Hmmm, I'm sure we could have a number of polls.....
I hate sprouts and I am skinny
I hate sprouts and I am overweight
I love sprouts....
etc
and...
I hate sprouts and I am a smoker.....
etc, etc, etc

Ohhhhh, just think of all the further fun we can have investigating the impact sprouts have on our lives!!!!

why do we cut a cross in them???
i love them too, they soo good for you!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:eek: We need to get reinforcements

It's so they cook more evenly
X

Well I'm a farty pants ickle cabbage lover :green:

Sass how would Santa deliver all the innocent little childrens presents without Farty power ?

Santa Fancy Pants

But cos I love ya here is something for you :hug:

Attachments

• life-too-short-brussel-sprouts.jpg
    life-too-short-brussel-sprouts.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 26
  • VegetableNightmaresZombieBrusselSproutsGalleryLG.gif
    VegetableNightmaresZombieBrusselSproutsGalleryLG.gif
    24.5 KB · Views: 53
  • callout_brussel.gif
    callout_brussel.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 37
Sprouts should stay for one reason.

They are Xmas artillery when combined with a party popper.

You need to remove the streamers from the party popper then the sprout will fit nicey. The speed of launch is enough to be funny and not hard enough to cause any lasting damage to the target (depending on how the sprout has been cooked - go for the softer ones).

Gawd I wish I knew how to do mulitple quotes!

Okay so whether you like sprouts or not is down to a taste gene, so those that don't like sprouts have taste and those that do are totally tasteless ... hmmm that says it all really! :lol:

erm the reason that they put crosses in the bottom is to ward of satan and other evil forces, nothing to do with cookability.

Now artillery sounds great to me, it means you can chuck 'em at great aunt Milly whilst she's asleep - extra points if you knock out her dentures whilst she's snoring! Coolamundo, and possibly for this reason only I will say okay sprouts don't go in Room 101 ... as long as they arent eaten!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back