The voice inside says "blog it"

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do wish to reiterate the bit about still abiding by the Geek Commandments. Although the blogs can be made private and only available to those in your friends list and they are not available to non registered members.

This does not mean that we can spread unfair "gossip" about people who do not have the option to defend themselves.

I noticed a thread today that was closed and the writer was advised to blog it.

While I appreciate blogs, the truth is I don't get to them often.
I look at 'chit-chat' and at 'nail geek', and rarely the rest. I simply haven't the time.

But the thread in question, while a bit of 'me-me', I truly felt was industry related and most definately something I would want to know about. Had it been blogged, I wouldn't have known a thing. I have also seen many threads in the past including very recently that were along the same lines and remained open.

I find it's hard to draw the line in many cases, as the line is fuzzy.
Had I been the poster, I likely would have posted in the same place.

^me too, and I had the same reflexion!

Me too!
I noticed a thread today that was closed and the writer was advised to blog it.

While I appreciate blogs, the truth is I don't get to them often.
I look at 'chit-chat' and at 'nail geek', and rarely the rest. I simply haven't the time.

But the thread in question, while a bit of 'me-me', I truly felt was industry related and most definately something I would want to know about. Had it been blogged, I wouldn't have known a thing. I have also seen many threads in the past including very recently that were along the same lines and remained open.

I find it's hard to draw the line in many cases, as the line is fuzzy.
Had I been the poster, I likely would have posted in the same place.

Who wouldn't have that feeling? We all want members to contribute and we all want to be kept abreast of achievements like that. However sadly a few bad apples have spoilt the batch.

With the stupid amount of time that has to be spent on a small handful of children here, we have to create stupidly specific rules and thanks to these twerps, enforce them consistently across the board.

Pretty sad because it takes a lot of the fun out of managing the site.

Saying that... the 'I don't do blog' thing is a little silly isn;t it? Its just as easy to post in the blogs as in a forum. It also doesnt make sense for some to post these types of accomplishments in the blogs and others in the chit-chat forum. To me, it is far more intuitive and beneficial to have accomplishments like this in a blog. I just think of the blog as another forum. Pop in once a day and see whats up.

Please understand that enforcement of a rule isn't because anyone wants to, but because if we don't it gets that much more challenging dealing with the twerps that are impressively kept at bay form ruining this site.

Personally, I think a good banning session of some serious twerps could really simplify things around here. You know who you are!

In the meantime, we all appreciate your understanding that what we all do is designed to maintian the best possible environment for all users across the board.

nJoy

ღMandyღ;779583 said:

Uh... I could have sworn that we already have this conversation today Mandy? Glad to see it helped.

:grr:

I think I better log off for the day before I say something I really shouldn't.

Personally, I think a good banning session of some serious twerps could really simplify things around here. You know who you are!

Go on, do it!!!!!

Uh... I could have sworn that we already have this conversation today Mandy? Glad to see it helped.

:grr:

I think I better log off for the day before I say something I really shouldn't.
Nothing wrong with standing by fellow geeks when we feel that if something is TOPICAL we should be allowed to post and congratulate on the boards.
This is not to do with my thread.
If you believe in what someone is saying is right you would stand by them too! :grr:

You can always blog things and delete them at a later date.
I do this and many geeks have been fantastic for me throughout some bad times but if you don't want to look back on it you just delete it and be thankful that people care enough to respond.:hug:
Numptiness keeps me away from the site sometimes I have to admit.
And sometimes threads that I find embaressing.

ღMandyღ;779595 said:
Nothing wrong with standing by fellow geeks when we feel that if something is TOPICAL we should be allowed to post and congratulate on the boards.
This is not to do with my thread.
If you believe in what someone is saying is right you would stand by them too! :grr:

OK. Here goes.

I have now spent nearly an hour of my day dealing with this issue now. I am really glad that you understood where I was coming from in my PM and showed that by coming onto this thread after the fact to give a big 'Me Too!' shout out against the tyranny of requesting that someone posts personal items in their blog. Freedom to post wherever! Down with da man! Stand together for your rights!

FFS guys, can you not have some empathy for the time and energy drain these games are for the team here?

Since when did it become anyones god given right to post whatever you want, however you want, whenever you want? How can you expect us to minimise the spam and maximise the professionalism that drew you here in the first place without respecting the fact that we have to have guidelines in order to help us do that? Furthermore, how useful is it to try and enforce those guidelines that are applied willy-nilly?

When do we get to actually be appreciative of such a great community, web site and moderator team? When can we stop citing ridiculous points about being able to post where you want as "you don't do blog".

This isn't pointed just at you Mandy, but your post was the catalyst for this outburst.

I use to really look forward to coming on this site to see who I could help with little nuggets of wisdom. Now I simply sigh as my homepage pops up as inevitably the PM box will appear to notify me of another 'crisis' that could have been avoided if people had a little more respect and a little more appreciation for the work that goes on behind the scenes here (primarily by the moderator team).

:idea: we could of course also focus our minds one exactly why we are here in the first place...... as well of course as having a little fun to jolly the day along....all within the peramiters of the rules of which we agree to by using the site in the first place :hug:

In generall terms and for the most of the time it seems that this site is one big comunity of professionals behaving in a professional manner through the ongoing support of a well structured group of moderators all of whom take shifts in looking out for all our best intrests.

Of course there are bound to be hic'cups along the way...but isn't that what makes life more intresting....as long as everyone can be adult enough so as to resume to the focus of the day without bearing any grouge....Geeking with other like minded professionals and offering support and a passing on of skill and knowledge to those that request it.

Happy Geeking :hug::hug:

Was that yet another load of twaddle comming from my keyboard.:lol::lol:...sorry but sometimes ..well erm best leave that out for now...what must newbie's make of all of this ????

Last edited:
are you saying the success of a fellow geek winning a comp in a magazine such as Scratch should be put in a blog?
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/74638-i-won.html

What the ?

This is very newsworthy, as are all comp winners from any country and they should be congratulated publicly (or whats the point of us trying to better ourselves). Or should all comp winners be blogged from now on?

I aint even had a drink yet and i'm already confused.

Last edited:
I use to really look forward to coming on this site to see who I could help with little nuggets of wisdom. Now I simply sigh as my homepage pops up as inevitably the PM box will appear to notify me of another 'crisis' that could have been avoided if people had a little more respect and a little more appreciation for the work that goes on behind the scenes here (primarily by the moderator team).

Personally, I really miss your nuggets of wisdom! You have so much to share and no time to share it....... Also, I wish people did have more respect and consideration - really, it's not hard is it??

I have full respect for you Sam and am truely greatfull to have this site.
My point has been totally missed and as i don't appreciate people twisting my words i will remove myself from this discussion.

I think We all need to have a long hard think about this one, When Samuel did allow a chit-chat thread it became at times like a dear diary or a me me me section over time hence the need to start a blog section :)

When chit-chat was filled with these type of threads lots of geeks complained again another reason to start a blog section :)

Now if some people are allowed to post and some are not then that would be unfair so the mods have to apply the rules that have been stated to them and this may mean that some people are not happy.

But please remember if we want to keep this site and be part of it We have to abide by the rules :hug:

You can always blog things and delete them at a later date.
I do this and many geeks have been fantastic for me throughout some bad times but if you don't want to look back on it you just delete it and be thankful that people care enough to respond.:hug:
Numptiness keeps me away from the site sometimes I have to admit.
And sometimes threads that I find embaressing.

I agree on every count. :hug::hug:

I think We all need to have a long hard think about this one, When Samuel did allow a chit-chat thread it became at times like a dear diary or a me me me section over time hence the need to start a blog section :)

When chit-chat was filled with these type of threads lots of geeks complained again another reason to start a blog section :)

Now if some people are allowed to post and some are not then that would be unfair so the mods have to apply the rules that have been stated to them and this may mean that some people are not happy.

But please remember if we want to keep this site and be part of it We have to abide by the rules :hug:

I agree totally, I was at one time uncomfortable with some of the topics in chitchat. Different people have different sensitivities. I think the blogs allow for that and you can also make them more private so its not open to all when you need privacy.

If everyone respects the rules and takes the time to understand them properly then we would get used to looking in the blogs for peoples news and achievments, just the same as many of us check the chit chat posts. We have much to be thankful for with this forum, I'm open to doing what ever is needed to keep it running as smoothly as possible for us and the mods and Sam.

OUCH:!::eek:
I did NOT mean for my post to cause this much strife!

I FULLY understand the job of the mods as I have been one myself, elsewhere. No thanks, don't want the job, do NOT envy the mods one teensy bit.
I guess my confusion stems from my infrequent visits these days, and I hadn't realized what changes had been brought about.

My apologies for causing a ruckus. Although, I'm still slightly confused where the line exactly is, I do respect the mods jobs. Please don't misunderstand me.

While I have to agree with Zoo/Carl, I'll "agree to disagree" and wander off to read the rules again for changes and see what I've missed in my absence.

:hug: everyone.

really really sorry dident know about blogs dont know how to do them either
sorry i will delete my message ( if i can work it out )
wont sin again

Latest posts

Back