Therapist embarassing her client!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glamour*Puss

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,
hope your all well!!

I had another new client come into my newly opened salon, a massive YEAH!!:lol:

Anyways we were casually chatting during her treatment, when she mentioned she had left her last salon as the therapist had humiliated her, I asked her what happened (nosey i know) but i couldnt help it :)
But getting back to the story, she said during an underarm wax treatment the therapist said in disgust

'God u couldve trimmed the hair before u came in as I've only allocated 15min for this treatment and now I'm gonna fall behind as I have to trim it'

I felt mortified for my new client when i heard the story. I mean as a therapist myself i could never speak to a client like that no matter what i thought as we are PROFESSIONALS.

and i certainly would have had more of a time slot than 15 min as every client is diff less,more etc etc

What do all u geeks think of this,

Kirsten :)

Last edited:
Thats disgusting the *therapist* should have never in a million years spoke to the client like that not only degrading her but she must have been mortified !!!! Well done with the new client too :) xx

Congratulations on your new salon, and your new client :)

Thats a terrible story though! Poor client! I agree with you and would never speak to a client like that! I cringe sometimes when listening to how other professionals (not just in the hair/beauty/nail industry) speak to people!

xxx

You expect it don't you... if you are going to talk to any customer like that then they will look elsewhere! That actually mortified me reading this!

I would never in a millions years speak to anybody like this let alone a client!!
Shocking!

that is awful, would never ever say something like that to a client! some people really don't have a clue how to speak to clients I have a table in a hair salon they just got rid of a apprenist as she was tell little old ladies about her sex life & how she goes out at weekend & get as she put it pissed with her mates!!! client where not happy she was only 16!!! good luck with salon!!! xxx

Well that's her loss and your gain. She probably won't be able to hold onto many clients if she speaks to them like that. I wouldn't even say anything like that to my friend let alone a Client!! Some people are obvioulsy born without people skills. I was mortified reading this...

O and Congradulations with the new salon. Hope all goes well.

P xx

15 mins is plenty for underarms. xx

That's awfull for your client to have been spoken to like that, though fifteen minutes is really all you should need to perform an underarm wax, long hair or not:)

15 mins is plenty for underarms. xx
That's exactly what i was thinking! Even if she trimmed them it shouldn't take more than 15 mins.
What a terrible attitude to have.
Unfortunately it's not uncommon. I've had clients tell me what has happened at other salons they've been to. The stories would make your hair curl.
One client went to a salon in Birmingham for a brazilian wax and the therapist asked if it was ok if she used an already used wax strip! The client said you could see the hair on it from the previous client-gross!
Some therapists are just plain rude! I hope she complained!

[
One client went to a salon in Birmingham for a brazilian wax and the therapist asked if it was ok if she used an already used wax strip! The client said you could see the hair on it from the previous client-gross!
[/QUOTE]

OMG in all my years in bt, that has to be the WORST thing i have ever heard. I hear loads of shocking stories about other salons, but that has to take the proverbial!

Thats so mean as wel as rude, the poor girl! some people like that therapist should just keep their mouths shut.... i would hate to have staff like that in my salon (in her case, her boss)

That is absolutely appalling!

But they will not survive long having therapists with those attitudes - also she will certainly meet her match one day!!!

At least now you have her as a New Client and hopefully will keep her :)

My approach with my clients is "treat the client as you would want to be treated"! Also any form of waxing/body treatment is personal and getting the client to trust and be relaxed with you is the greatest achievement & honour in my book.

Start as you mean to go on - Professional - Happy - Compassionate - you will soon have a very long list of client following. Word will soon get about from client recommendations - the best form of advertising!

Good Luck in your new salon :)

""One client went to a salon in Birmingham for a brazilian wax and the therapist asked if it was ok if she used an already used wax strip! The client said you could see the hair on it from the previous client-gross!" Quote - I just choked on my breakfast reading this, that is one of the most disgusting things ever that a therapist could do.

this "therapist" was obviously on a conveyor belt of appointments and doesn't see the client as a person, but sees them as a number to tick off list.

she said "I've only got 15 mins to do this" that is her slot was allocated that, so maybe her boss needs to give longer between slots.

I'm horrified. Therapists like these won't be in the industry very long - fortunately.

OMG.....how could a person treat another like that i would ov sacked her if she worked for me as for the other client using a used wax strip from a previous client to be used on another client ....... HEALTH AND SAFETY ISSUE.... comes to mind surely

I wouldn't pay to go to a salon and be spoken to like that for not doing what I'm paying the therapist to do!!
That's terrible whoever's salon this therapist works for is going to go downhill very fast! x

may i ask how long she been a therapist?!
i work in a hairdressing salon, the girls who are at college are awful..... dont take the clients to the seats dont offer them a drink.

colleges should teach manners, how to treat your clients.. what to do if your running late.

Well done on gaining anew client. I can't believe the therapist could be so rude to say that to a client, I would never say that to anyone. The stories you hear from clients is shocking how people could act so unprofessional. 15 minutes is plenty of time for an underarm wax, she will neve build up a clientelle if that's the way she acts
good luck with your new business x

That's exactly what i was thinking! Even if she trimmed them it shouldn't take more than 15 mins.
What a terrible attitude to have.
Unfortunately it's not uncommon. I've had clients tell me what has happened at other salons they've been to. The stories would make your hair curl.
Some therapists are just plain rude! I hope she complained!

That's almost laughable that any body would find that a reasonable/acceptable question to ask! How do people like that really expect to build up or even keep clients!! x

Latest posts

Back