This is not a sexual service.........................

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catsaremad

Reaction score
I often have a look through Gumtree on the Health and Beauty page and I am always surprised when I come to the massage ads and they contain the following words on their headline:

Pretty friendly therapist
stunning qualified male masseur
massage by attractive therapist, photos available

The add then goes on in a more normal/professional manner and always with a disclaimer:

THIS IS NOT A SEXUAL SERVICE

I'm sorry but honestly if its not a sexual service why are you going out of your way to make sure that potential clients know that you are preety?????

When you read these adverts what are your initial impressions !

Maybe shes just pretty friendly as in shes not friendly all the time- she might be a right cow in the mornings. :lol:

It's because it will be a sexual service. If you put a massage ad on gumtree, they pend it once they notice it. You can only put it back on if you state your qualifications and put that disclaimer on the bottom.

That's not to say that there aren't genuine massage therapists on there, just that the ones offering that 'little extra' have to use other code words to let people know.

Last edited:
Hmmm was there a number for the stunning qualified male masseur? :lol:

Hmmm was there a number for the stunning qualified male masseur? :lol:

Yes Angelina there was ! He is young and Thai and very fit and will not leave you disappointed..........................and he has excellent shower facilities! But alas no Photos !

Yes Angelina there was ! He is young and Thai and very fit and will not leave you disappointed..........................and he has excellent shower facilities! But alas no Photos !

Woohoo! Think I may book him for our work Christmas Party :)

I agree and its strange yet we hear so many stories of clients asking for the weirdests things (and happy ending is the least) so I can understand the disclaimer, however what i cant understand - like you say - why bother putting up how fit or pretty or friendly you are?
What difference does it make if the therapist is pretty or not when you go for a wax, haircut or massage? Shouldnt make any difference shoud it? yet by putting it up, that clearly gives an indication.........

:eek:

Ladyboy methinks!!
Sue have you no work to do?!!!:lol:

Honestly Its my dead week, so I'm pottering around ! You won't see me much from next week to christmas lol !!!

Any how got to keep you all entertained some way !

i was a bit worried about advertising on gumtree after I read some of the other adds, but i must admit that i have had several new guests from my add over the last 2 weeks!!!

I advertised on there when i started out and got a lot of calls that i thought were a little odd, however i hadn't even stated that i was female let alone give out my measurements or bra size lol.

Seemed a bit like advertising on Pervs R Us

I only advertise on the FHT (Federation of Holistic Therapists) website, so I must say I was a little annoyed when I got a call from a withhold number asking if I offer "male relief services"!

I was very short with him, told him no, I'm a qualified holistic massage therapist, and told him never to call me again.

Latest posts

Back