Thoughts on CND Master Painter?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can I ask where you find out about all the courses you have listed? I can only find the 'main' courses on the website? :o

Hmm can't remember exactly what's on S2 but there's an education booklet that's got lots of info in it & if you ring up & ask for specific things you'll find out more! Xx

My local academy has a website, sends out emails and has a FB group x

Which course is now reduced? The master painter or the painted nail? X

Which course is now reduced? The master painter or the painted nail? X

Master painter is now reduced & same price as the painted nail x

The master painter is reduced? Tbh although I enjoyed the course I though it was over priced. Especially when we didn't get the uv lamp that they did in the us courses. I was disappointed when I found that out.

OMG...it all sounds mind boggling :eek:, I want to do the MP next year, for myself really, to prove I can do it and I do have the skills required, also as part of ongoing training and of course the certificate on the wall will be lovely too.

Is it worth doing or not though!!!! xx

OMG...it all sounds mind boggling :eek:, I want to do the MP next year, for myself really, to prove I can do it and I do have the skills required, also as part of ongoing training and of course the certificate on the wall will be lovely too.

Is it worth doing or not though!!!! xx

That's the question! I think it is, overall, now that it's much more affordable & involves additives :D xx

I TOOK the Master painter class in california. yes and no. I had no prequerisites (lol spelling). It was 200 dollars and i got sooo many things! Everithing I got went over the 200 dollars i think 350 or something like that! and my name is noted on the cnd website next to the salon I work now.

I am getting more clients because my name is listed on the website!!!!! oh and a certificate!!

and NO because the class went over nail art only and additives was also covered. even thought the class was 8 hr It went too fast and we hardly practiced. I could probably do more practicing watching utube and here.

Over all I think it was worth it!! only art was covered, I got plenty of stuff!, and just having my name on the website gave me many clients!!! worth it! but if u want to learn this is not the place like I said if ur into seeing shellac nail art videos then u will see the same in the class.

Ill say do it!!!

Ooooh, after reading this thread I'm going to ring S2 tomorrow & book the master painter class....exited much :eek:

I TOOK the Master painter class in california. yes and no. I had no prequerisites (lol spelling). It was 200 dollars and i got sooo many things! Everithing I got went over the 200 dollars i think 350 or something like that! and my name is noted on the cnd website next to the salon I work now.

I am getting more clients because my name is listed on the website!!!!! oh and a certificate!!

and NO because the class went over nail art only and additives was also covered. even thought the class was 8 hr It went too fast and we hardly practiced. I could probably do more practicing watching utube and here.

Over all I think it was worth it!! only art was covered, I got plenty of stuff!, and just having my name on the website gave me many clients!!! worth it! but if u want to learn this is not the place like I said if ur into seeing shellac nail art videos then u will see the same in the class.

Ill say do it!!!

We don't get the lamp in the uk & it's changed now so there's no kit but much cheaper.

Also I don't know if the salon referral is up & running in the uk? Xx

hi hun I am booked on Master Painter on 24th Sept Mancester also xxx EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have done the polished nail and master painter and enjoyed them both. Master painter was great, good for refining techniques and hints and tips. Master painter is more colour theory and defining which skin tone your client has etc.

When i did my master painter the shellac and polished nail were highly recommended but not conditional to you doing it. i dont know if this has changed now though.

Id highly recommend both courses..............so much so that im waiting for dates so i can do my master architect and master sculptor!

Tbh I was very disappointed with the MP course, I thought it was massively over priced for what I felt I learnt from it. What I did feel I got from the course was a confidence boost that actually I'm doing what I do well. As for techniques etc, sadly I don't feel I got what I paid for :(

How long ago did you attend? Did the educator pass everyone on the day or did u have to produce more examples of work at a later date? X

I attended my course early April so it was with the colours and effects and Shellac. I was the only one attending the course and didn't have to produce anything more than what I produced during the day. No issue with the Educator at all, just disappointed with the course content :(

PixieBeauty. I paid 200 in the US. and even thought I got the light and kit its not a big deal because I already had everything before so now I have too much lol. I didnt know this class existed 2 years ago or else I would of taken the class then since everything was given. I dont know the UK. itll be good if you check their website and contact cnd and ask. Its really helpfull here in america since clients always go to the website to see which salons are certified.

If you have everything then its a great deal take the class for the cheaper price, but it only covered art not to much techniques or questions related to application.

There must be a benefit to taking the class (since it "looks good more profesional" lol) maibe ur name gets posted on the website and a certificate is given to you too.

How long ago did you attend? Did the educator pass everyone on the day or did u have to produce more examples of work at a later date? X

if you ask me. everyone passes! u take the class practice a few fingers and wallah!! ur a master in shellac! lol

Latest posts

Back