Threading too sore

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HollyGold

Reaction score
I'm starting to do a lot of threading but I just had a client in who usually gets it done by the mouth and I do it with my hands. Anyways she booked to get her top lip threaded and I started and she told me to stop as it was to sore as wasn't the same as
when he gets it done and left. Does the hands Hurt more. I'm not slow but not as fast as the people who do it with there month. I feel really sad :( does the hands hurt more? Or it it jut me?

I thread using my mouth and have been shown the hand method too. I don't think that you get the same momentum behind the loop when you thread like this, so I think it's more painful for clients. You also don't get the same control as you would when using your mouth.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

I do find that when I get threading done, it's much less painful when they do the mouth method.
I love threading but find it quite sore :(

I trained in it with the hands and then learnt it again with my hands when I did hds, I always got told that it was unhygienic with the month.
I have a few who come for threading and are fine but you know what it's like when someone's unhappy it really knocks you down :( she was nice about it but just said it was to sore and would go somewhere else that did the mouth. I made sure the skin was stretched as well so I was only getting the hair. X

Don't stress too much, everyone's different.
My sister screams when being waxed but loves having her brows threaded. I'm the opposite and scream like a banshee when being threaded!
I'm sure what you do is fine. We all have clients who like a moan :) xx

I trained in it with the hands and then learnt it again with my hands when I did hds, I always got told that it was unhygienic with the month.
I have a few who come for threading and are fine but you know what it's like when someone's unhappy it really knocks you down :( she was nice about it but just said it was to sore and would go somewhere else that did the mouth. I made sure the skin was stretched as well so I was only getting the hair. X

Who said it was unhygenic the mouth way?

Mouth way is less painful i have found

Don't stress too much, everyone's different.
My sister screams when being waxed but loves having her brows threaded. I'm the opposite and scream like a banshee when being threaded!
I'm sure what you do is fine. We all have clients who like a moan :) xx

Thank you. That's just what I needed to hear. :) I hate my top lip being done, even waxed x

Who said it was unhygenic the mouth way?

Mouth way is less painful i have found

The lady who trained me said she only teachers hands as the mouth is unhygienic as the saliva (sorry I think that's how you spell it) can travel down the thread. And also can really hurt your gums.

The mouth looks a much easier and faster. X

The lady who trained me said she only teachers hands as the mouth is unhygienic as the saliva (sorry I think that's how you spell it) can travel down the thread. And also can really hurt your gums.

Lol thats so funny!

The place i trained showed us both methods the piece thats in your mouth goes nowhere near the skin and as our trainer said to us if it was unhygenic her courses wouldnt have been approved! Companies usually say its unhygenic to get out of teaching you it! By the way mouth way is easier than hand!

I was also told this in training holly, and the ladies who already threaded on my course with the mouth were told they had to change their method. We were told about an incident when a lady had caught herpes on her forehead from the lady who was threading. They said it doesn't happen daily, but it can happen. :(

I don't use mouth method so am only going by what I was taught?

Lol I hope I've never got saliva on my clients. I'm sure that would be very unlikely as the mouth end doesn't go anywhere near to the client.

If you're worried about that you can always thread the Iranian way and tie the the thread around your neck.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

If you start getting close to the clients face you need to start all over with the thread so is long again and away from client..

I dont understand how the saliva would travel down the thread unless your a right dribbler!

I've never heard so much rubbish, you hold the thread between your teeth, you don't dribble down it and how on earth does it hurt your gums, it's no where near your gums!!

I was taught both way's and "in my opinion" the mouth is by far the quickest and most accurate way.

I have had a lot of people come to me who have been put off of threading due to it being painful and ending up with little cuts, when I convince them to try it with me they are pleasantly surprised.

My trainer said its not because its actually unhegienic using the mouth, it just looks unhegienic to the client. Which I've got to admit I'd rather the pain and hands used than the mouth.
Its probably best in an ideal world to learn both methods and give the client choice of hands or 'the more traditional less painful way' x

I wonder why hands are more painful as both remove the hair in the same sort of way?

I'm only going on what I'm told, I've never tried the mouth way so I can't say I know how it's done, I've had it done to me a few years back and it wasn't that painful and very quick.

I think I may look up training in the mouth way tho so I can offer both.

I was taught with hand, mouth and neck and have to say i much prefer working with my hands when threading and haven't had any complaints so far.
But everyone's pain barrier is very different.

I'm in London and my councils will not allow the mouth technique so that's why I use my hands. I was trained both ways but as I have been using hand technique for so long, it is my preferred way.
I have had a few comments before about it hurts more than the "Superdrug Girl Up the Road" (they have a threading counter in there just by the till point! Nice and discreet!) but I have to explain that I have to go by the Health and Safety requirements ordered by the council.

just googled some videos of mouth threading, it looks so much easier than the hand method of which i've only just got the hang of.

i have to say I'm not buying the 'hygiene' issue though. I'd like to see proof that the mouth method is unhygenic?

gonna have a go on the Hubster later today.

I'm starting to do a lot of threading but I just had a client in who usually gets it done by the mouth and I do it with my hands. Anyways she booked to get her top lip threaded and I started and she told me to stop as it was to sore as wasn't the same as
when he gets it done and left. Does the hands Hurt more. I'm not slow but not as fast as the people who do it with there month. I feel really sad :( does the hands hurt more? Or it it jut me?

Did you use talc I was taught to talc the area, I wouldn't use my mouth you've got to be putting wear on your teeth as already said its unhygienic oh and habia are trying to stop it.

I've not heard of using talc before, ill try this tomorrow, does if help it to be less painful then? Thanks for the tip x

Latest posts

Back