Threading

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VivaLaDiva

Reaction score
I think its called threading, a way of hair removal. Just out of interest has anyone seen it being done? or can anyone do it?

Yes I have trained in it, fiddly slightly painful but good results

I've had it done and was going to train to do it but changed my mind. Why? When I thought about it, I realised that it took a lot longer and was a lot more painful than waxing so I didn't understand what all the fuss was about. I've since asked people that have had it done and they said the same. Also, you can only use threading on the face. Hope that helps. xx

Thanks...I want to know more!
Do you get many people wanting it done? Whats the benifit?
Um...how long was your course and how much was it? x

Quite a few people ask for it but mainly because they've heard it fab.........not because it is.

I found an Asian girl that taught it. That's the best way to do it. xx

Would you charge more than waxing for it? I dont understand the benefit of this treatment, why might someone want it done?

Some say you get a more exact finish that with wax but I disagree. I think it's just fashionable at the moment.

I agree with everything that kimmi rocks said in her posts. As far as charging... anyone that I know that does threading, charges about half of what you would charge for waxing... there are no supplies except for the thread. I do think that threading is a good alternative for people that can't be waxed... for example, someone on accutane, or someone who has a severe allergy. Other than that... I think waxing is quicker and less painful.

i have threading done on my eyes and lip.....i thinks it a great way of removing the hair for me and i find it lasts a month (somtimes longer) before i need to go back....i pay £2.50 for my eyes & £2.50 for my lip..im in the shop for all of 5 mins having it done..

I have had my eyebrows threaded and it really hurt. My skin swelled up for a day after it and was very red and painful.

Also the girl who did it messed up my eyebrows and it has taken me ages to get them back in shape.

I didn’t find it a neater finish more of the opposite really. There were hairs that hadn't been removed everywhere.

I have my eyebrows threaded on a regular basis. They tend to last about 2-3 weeks. i get chaged £3. I live in East Ham, East London and there is a lagre asian community around here.

Threading orgininated in the Middle East/Asia so it's very popular around here as its a very popular asian beauty treatment.

I asked one particular salon who did waxing and threading what the difference was and the therapist told me that waxing tends to pulls at the skin, which I have to agree with.

Threading is kind of like plucking because you are grabbing at the hairs with the thread and pulling them out where as I would say waxing is more like tearing them out.

JMO, feel free to disagree!

Having tried both, and trained in waxing, I much prefer to have my brows threaded.

Thanks everyone.
I was only asking, because I want new things to learn and was wondering if it would be worth learning

ive had this done in the past, and all i can say is....never again, it hurt like hell, i lost all the shape of my brows. ended up with a straight line (no teardrop at inner corner) i was gutted. i even ended up with bloody scabs on my brows

i learnt how to do it, but i can't say i rave about it. you can't make much money doing it, it's quite p;ainful and it's fiddly. much easier to tweeze or wax. nobody really cares how you shape them. as long as you shape them well!! to be honest, i wouldn't bother x

I had it done at Mrco Benito's salon in Birmingham last time I was down there - I thought it was fab, not too painful and very quick also I do think it lasted loner thn waxing for some reason. I'm sure I've seen it being done on legs at one of the exhibitions - not just the face. xx

I do think it lasted longer than waxing for some reason

It is virtually impossible for it to last longer than waxing. It is still removing hair at the root. waxing, threading, or tweezing... they are all accomplishing the same thing... just a different way of getting the job done. None of them will last longer than the other.

I do think it lasted longer than waxing for some reason

It is virtually impossible for it to last longer than waxing. It is still removing hair at the root. waxing, threading, or tweezing... they are all accomplishing the same thing... just a different way of getting the job done. None of them will last longer than the other.

I agree 100% with this. I hear this comment made every so often about threading and it's quite simply an old wives tale.

As said there is no way it can last longer as the hair is being plucked out the same as tweezing and waxing and sugaring.Ive never had it done,I'm quite happy with waxing and tweezing

I got mine threaded a while ago, it was quite painful, the only thing I noticed was that they grew in as if i'd shaved them

I have my eyebrows threaded on a regular basis. They tend to last about 2-3 weeks. i get chaged £3. I live in East Ham, East London and there is a lagre asian community around here.

I asked one particular salon who did waxing and threading what the difference was and the therapist told me that waxing tends to pulls at the skin, which I have to agree with.

Threading is kind of like plucking because you are grabbing at the hairs with the thread and pulling them out where as I would say waxing is more like tearing them out.

Having tried both, and trained in waxing, I much prefer to have my brows threaded.

Hi,

I totally agree. I'm trained in threading and absolutely love it. I would much rather thread than wax facial hair.

Threading is an art to learn and really shouldn't hurt (no more than tweezing). To be honest, I am quite concerned that so many people on here say that their experience was painful.

Threading might feel a bit "weird" because of the thread moving across the skin or the noise it makes as you move the thread over each other, which can be a bit "new" to people.

Threading is also a great alternative to people who can't be waxed. As has already been mentioned, threading is a very fast form of "tweezing" if you will. Instead of just plucking one hair at a time, you can pluck loads at a time, or just a single one if you so wish.

ive had this done in the past, and all i can say is....never again, it hurt like hell, i lost all the shape of my brows. ended up with a straight line (no teardrop at inner corner) i was gutted. i even ended up with bloody scabs on my brows

There are quite a few different styles and shapes out there for eyebrows and have to admit, that a lot of asian ladies like the "straight" look where there is no teardrop or inner corner.

The person who threaded your eyebrows should really have performed a consultation with you and asked you how you wanted your eyebrow shape. I think this was very bad practice on her behalf.

Some of the less "experienced" or "lazy" people who perform threading will also cut of your inner corner because it is less hassle than shaping it.

This is not something that I do as personally I don't like the straight look, unless the client specifically asks for it.

Marlise

Just like waxing, or sugaring... a good threader should have experience and good technique.... without this, you will have bad experiences. Just like there are very bad waxers or sugar techs out there. It really is all about Technique.

Latest posts

Back