Tinsel or no tinsel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilly

Reaction score
Almost time to dec the tree.......Tinsel or no tinsel !?

I'm no tinsel. I can never get it to look nice on my tree

Just say NO to tinsel! x x

Tinsel is a must in my book and in my house.Mmmmmm the smell of it when it's like 2 years old and it's been in the loft for a year and you bring it out and that my friends is the smell of Xmas.

Love tinsel its over the top tackyness screams Xmas.I'm very passionate about decs my front room literally lookes like santas grotto,I got paper chains all over the ceiling lights round the window paper hand made snowflakes hanging everywhere and I mean everywhere tinsel on door frames, the clock, the tv,all over the tv.

Man I love Christmas x

Defo tinsel. Trees naked without!!

No tinsel is allowed to cross my door step. Beads, lots of beads yes.
And lights. Every house should have more lights than Blackpool inside every Christmas xoxo

Noooo!! I can't stand tinsel. Think it looks naff but it makes me sneeze too. No idea why so its a huge no no in our house xx

Tinsel, beads, crystals, lights, baubles, chains, music boxes, trees real and artificial but - BEST OF ALL - lametta, or as I call it Lambretta.
Christmas has no room for good taste.

Tinsel, beads, crystals, lights, baubles, chains, music boxes, trees real and artificial but - BEST OF ALL - lametta, or as I call it Lambretta.
Christmas has no room for good taste.

I keep that lametta stuff on the strip, cut the strip into inch wide pieces and put it on the corner of picture frames. Yes crystals too. Mixed with baubles and out in the fire instead of coals xoxo

I keep that lametta stuff on the strip, cut the strip into inch wide pieces and put it on the corner of picture frames. Yes crystals too. Mixed with baubles and out in the fire instead of coals xoxo

You're getting there, Tomme, but I think you need to get a little bit further.

Go on. Pull the lametta with your bare hands and throw it around in a frenzy. Where it lands is where it stays.
It's very liberating.;)

You cant have a tree with no tinsel .... it's like christmas with no presents or turkey !!

If it's only a small tree, say 4ft then only a couple of lengths of tinsel is needed for a classy simple neat look.

The salon i'm renting in has 2 black trees with silver, pink & purple tinsel & it looks so classy & beautiful.

You're getting there, Tomme, but I think you need to get a little bit further.

Go on. Pull the lametta with your bare hands and throw it around in a frenzy. Where it lands is where it stays.
It's very liberating.;)

Haha I think I would cry, I'm a bit OCD when it comes to neatness, when we used to rip it off I would place it a piece at a time on the tree. I was never happy with it though so we gave up after a year of altering it daily xoxo

You cant have a tree with no tinsel .... it's like christmas with no presents or turkey !!

If it's only a small tree, say 4ft then only a couple of lengths of tinsel is needed for a classy simple neat look.

The salon i'm renting in has 2 black trees with silver, pink & purple tinsel & it looks so classy & beautiful.

No turkey on our table, chicken :p I don't eat turkey lol. Xoxo

No turkey on our table, chicken :p I don't eat turkey lol. Xoxo

I'm trying to get my folks to have Duck this year as I hate Turkey but my folks are really traditional & even though there's only 3 of us, my mum will still get a HUGE turkey !!

My 8ft Christmas tree would look totally naked without tinsel lol
Vicki :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I have feather boa instead of tinsel...I don't mind tinsel but a bit old hat for me!!

Got to have tinsel! I have it wrapped tightly around the trunk looking part of the tree. So its not in your face but it hides bits lol. I have more tinsel around the house, attached to banisters or under the tv stand. I can't be doing all different coloured tinsel on the same tree though..

No tinsel for me! I have a huge box of it in the loft (with that special smell). Every year it comes out, with about 6 other boxes, and every year it goes back without being opened. :)

BTW - who sticks to the same design every year and who does something different when decorating the tree?

Looks like 50/50 at the mo ! I only have a few hours to decide !! :lol::lol::Scared:

Latest posts

Back