Tip of the week

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maguire

Reaction score
I thought it might be a good idea to have a "tip of the week " thread,
then you could subscribe to it for future reference, So if you have a good tip for your proffession then please lets have them, pictures would be good as well. So I will start off'

My tip of the week is ....using old camera film boxes (free of charge from the camera shop) to hold nail art in, especially the fimo nail art. it is also recycling.

nail art containers 1.jpg

hi very effective... I wouldn't have thought of that. I will need to have a good rummage around as I store everything away.. im terrible for keeping think and they never get used again..lol... You put me to shame x

:) Thats what this thread is about, to share tips with each other,
It doesn't matter if they have been mentioned in other threads, this is to keep them all under one thread, So come on Geeks I know you have all got some kind of tip for us, doesn't matter how small if it helps us then share it please.

Does no-one have any tips to share

Aaargh yes loads but brain not working!!!

To save room in my kit boxes i use Small prescription medicine/pill bottles for my acetone, nail polish remover and surgical spirits. (make sure you label them.) My local chemist gave me a few. they`re totally spill proof.

When you have refreshed the brain then let us have some tips, :)

Well I buy those lovely scented candles from Ikea, the one's in the medium sized glasses.
Once they are finished I clean out the remainder wax with an old spoon put glass in the diswasher and use the glasses for storing nail art items, files, clippers etc

To save room in my kit boxes i use Small prescription medicine/pill bottles for my acetone, nail polish remover and surgical spirits. (make sure you label them.) My local chemist gave me a few. they`re totally spill proof.

You see now we are getting somehere, I wouldn't have thought of pill bottles.

The prescription medicine boxes..stating the day of the week...great for gemstones.
Yankee candles..a MUST for making your home salon scented and smelling lovely.
A good personality.
Not a false one.
That isn't always easy tbh. x

Prescription medicine boxes. Where would I get them? That's a great idea :)

hair foils for wrapping individual nails up.

er........sure there's more somewhere

Prescription medicine boxes. Where would I get them? That's a great idea :)

I've seen them in the pharmacy part of Sainsbury's. But I guess you can buy them in most pharmacy's/chemists xx

Local chemists usually have them x

Thanks for that girls, I will be off tomorrow looking for these. :)

Thanks for that girls, I will be off tomorrow looking for these. :)

i use a pen / pencil pot holder that you can but at woolies stationers etc to keep my pushers files etc in when i'm working, it keeps everything together

I've seen those pill boxes in poundland.

Will be getting some of those!

Great thread.

x

i use thin cellulose sponge cloths designed for wiping up in the kitchen for wipes in my nail studio.
i rinse them out in water and squeeze them dry in a towel and then cut each square cloth in to 24 small pieces aprox 3x4cm. they are the best wipes i ever used, very absorbent and COMPLETELY LINT FREE !

the brands that work best are morrisons and tescos, dont use the vileda ones or the wilkinsons ones as they crumble if they get acetone on them.

Latest posts

Back