tips with no wells

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
u want your cake and eat it!!!!!

when you find some ....order me some!

ambx

OPI do some gorgeous natural tips with no well, a deep c-curve and a really nice smile line.

I use well less tips on myself...cos it's easier that trying to create a lovely smile line on your kak hand.

I have 2 clients who like white well less tips and the reason for this is that they hate the sight of their own natural nails growing up behind the overlay so they soak off and new set every couple of months...and they just like white tips... I've never french rebalanced a set of white tips as I've always thought you wouldn't be able to replace the smile line without problems...maybe from what people have said I'm wrong on this.

I don't generally offer white tips unless they are asked for.

As for dirt gathering....I have found that if the tip is sized and fitted correctly there is nowhere for any dirt to collect...all you are left with is a slight step between the natural nail and the tip.

However...I have seen white tips that have been incorrectly sized and/or positioned and then you really do get a cavity for the crud to collect and it's vile!!

Are the raptor tips thinner than the contact area of Velocity for example?

This is an interesting post....I love to pre tailor thin contact areas as not everyone suits the same smile line - so I cut to suit. And if you've got stumpies like me you can blend if you need to.

For me, the Raptor tips are way too thick and I won't use them afer trying them...too much effort involved in thinning them...maybe I'm just lazy...defo not as thin as Velocity which are my fave deep c curve tips.

If I'm using an EZFlow tip....which are pretty thin, I'll still thin them a bit more, particularly the clear ones... I think you have to, to get the sleek look we're looking for.

Hi, I'm with Geeg on this one, surely if your just placing your tip onto the natural nail and not blending then aren't you leaving a weak spot in your enhancement as the tip would be unable to withstand as much pressure than a tip that is blended (I know strength is in the product) and with people taking showers and baths daily wouldn't the adhesive start to break down over a period of time.

David

Okay this might be a stupid question but I will ask anyway.

How do you glue on Well less tips?
I dont think you can mean glueing them on top of the nail as that would be more bulky than using tips with wells?
If they have no wells do they look like the full cover stickons you buy in Boots?

I use the method I was shown when training - with Creative Velocity and Formation tips. The glue goes in the well and then it is applied to the free edge to the stop point- sorry about the description cant think how to word it. - HELP! :confused:

It's not a stupid question nemo as I was just thinking the same thing. I've not seen these tips but they sound odd. Surely they sit more proud of the nail and have a larger ridge than a tip with a well - the well means that the back of the tip is flush with the natural nail.

I just can't get my head round this!! Do they have them at the shows, as I'd like to satisfy my curiosity?

That's why I thin them right down before I apply them (when i do apply them) and then the only ridge is on the underside of the nail after you have applied the overlay.

Jaydee...doesn't the adhesive on a blended tip break down in water too?

So if you have to thin them down first anyway then why not just use a tip with a well and fully blend it in - no ridge on top or underneath. Sorry I think I've got Worzel's "got no brains" head on tonight!!!!

Sassy #1 said:
It's not a stupid question nemo as I was just thinking the same thing. I've not seen these tips but they sound odd. Surely they sit more proud of the nail and have a larger ridge than a tip with a well - the well means that the back of the tip is flush with the natural nail.

I just can't get my head round this!! Do they have them at the shows, as I'd like to satisfy my curiosity?

Thank goodness I am not the only one - I have been going to ask this question so many times now and have chickened out as I thought I was making a real pratt of myself.

I still dont understand - the well sort of holds the nail plate in and the well is already thinned on top - so why well less? What is easier to use about them?

Totally agree Sass....that's why I tried the raptors and decided they weren't for me!!!

Just my 2 stickler clients who love them plus myself whenever I do a full set not just my left hand.

Nemo, the only way to learn is by asking questions, it doesn't matter how silly they are! Bet you a pound to a penny that if you're thinking it then loads of others are. The only silly question is the one that isn't asked so GO FOR IT!

Cathie! said:
Totally agree Sass....that's why I tried the raptors and decided they weren't for me!!!

Just my 2 stickler clients who love them plus myself whenever I do a full set not just my left hand.

Thanks Cathie, thought I was going bonkers! Or missing out on something wild and exciting. Think I'll stick to my faithful tips with wells!

As for dirt gathering....I have found that if the tip is sized and fitted correctly there is nowhere for any dirt to collect...all you are left with is a slight step between the natural nail and the tip.

However...I have seen white tips that have been incorrectly sized and/or positioned and then you really do get a cavity for the crud to collect and it's vile!!

I agree,
I have found no dirt gathering on the tiny step once the tip is sized and fitted correctly and my clients seem to love them!
I apply white powder to zone 1 so rebalancing is the same as a forever french with a natural coloured welled tip.
The ez flow classic french are very very thin and flexible, yes they do 'sit on top ' of the natural nail but they just sit the same as a Creative radical french in my opinion.
I am looking for a natural welled tip with the same qualities??? anyone???
Obviously they are not for everyone, thats why there are loads of tips out there and we all like different!!! but for me in my busy salon they have caused me no worries, just more time and happy clients!
Thanks everyone
Amanda

IMO they're 'ok' to use on me BUT I wouldn't use them on my clients, I prefer the Velocity tips. Having said that... I do like to be able to show my clients the finished product on my own nails, if I wear the raptors then surely I'm misleading them if I don't use them on my clients ???????
I found the Raptors to be too thick, if I'm going to have to thin the tip then I might aswell blend a thinner tip.
I think they're a great invention for techs to be able to do their own nails without the hassle of wrong-handedness filing and buffing.
I do like to be able to see exactly where I am placing my tip, I feel confident in using the Velocity tips and being able to see if I am doing it right or not, with the Raptors it's more guess work as to how much nail plate it covers as you have no other was to judge the contact area other than how far down the nail plate the tip is... the only guide is the natural smile/free edge.

Wouldnt be any good for me then they would make my stumpy little nails look even more stumpy, think i will stick to my velocitys even if i have to preblend and shape.

Amanda said:
I agree,
I have found no dirt gathering on the tiny step once the tip is sized and fitted correctly and my clients seem to love them!
I apply white powder to zone 1 so rebalancing is the same as a forever french with a natural coloured welled tip.
The ez flow classic french are very very thin and flexible, yes they do 'sit on top ' of the natural nail but they just sit the same as a Creative radical french in my opinion.
I am looking for a natural welled tip with the same qualities??? anyone???
Obviously they are not for everyone, thats why there are loads of tips out there and we all like different!!! but for me in my busy salon they have caused me no worries, just more time and happy clients!
Thanks everyone
Amanda

sorry, i meant that i am looking for a well-less tip that is similar to ez flow classic french, very very thin and flexible

NailStyle said:
I am after some white tips with no well...but not the raptors...i already have those and do like them but i need some thin flat ones that dont leave a ridge like the raptors....any idea's xx

Hi Angie

Try the French Madness tips from Pronails - they are superb and have a lovely deep smile line.

The link is http://www.pronails.co.uk/ You will need to register, free, to shop online.

If you would like me to send you a couple to have a look at then just pm me

Chris

Cathie! said:
Jaydee...doesn't the adhesive on a blended tip break down in water too?

As the blended tip would be flush with the natural nail, I would presume that it is less likely than a tip that has that little step from the natural nail and tip.
David

Latest posts

Back