tips with no wells

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amanda

Reaction score
hi there
I have been using ez flows classic french tips and they are fabulous, very thin with a gorgeous smile line and no well. Does anyone out there know if any companies do a natural version of the well-less tip? I believe Tammy Taylor have just introduced them but not sure how I would get hold of them.
Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated.
Amanda

you can get raptor tips from www.nailsplusbeauty.com they have no wells and are also pre-etched...they are available in white and natural and have lovely smile lines...hope this helps

I am after some white tips with no well...but not the raptors...i already have those and do like them but i need some thin flat ones that dont leave a ridge like the raptors....any idea's xx

If there are no wells, does that mean you can use the half of the tip that you cut off? Just a thought.

NailStyle said:
I am after some white tips with no well...but not the raptors...i already have those and do like them but i need some thin flat ones that dont leave a ridge like the raptors....any idea's xx
angie ezflows classic french are now well-less and so thin

If you E Mail
Mandi

[email protected]
Just tell her that I sent you to her (Ruby)

She will tell you about them . they are great I use them

Ruby :)

I really like the white tips with no well area I got mine from cesars secrets they do a few but I dont think they do natural.

Hope this helps

I would love to know what makes the idea of using a welless tip attractive to anyone?

I would not like the idea of the natural nail sitting underneath the tip catching dirt and debris, not to mention the clients picking at it.

Why do you who use them think they're so terrific? This is a genuine question. Please tell me.

NailStyle said:

Try the Lotus tips Ange .. you can obtain them from Karen at Nailsplusbeauty. These are a lot sleaker than the Raptors and have a deeper smile line. There is no ridge and fits snugly to most nail beds. Karen sent me a sample before I placed my order and I wasn't disapointed.

HTH

geeg said:
I would love to know what makes the idea of using a welless tip attractive to anyone?

I would not like the idea of the natural nail sitting underneath the tip catching dirt and debris, not to mention the clients picking at it.

Why do you who use them think they're so terrific? This is a genuine question. Please tell me.

Well for me Geeg I find them 'easier' to use on my clients and it cuts my times down by about 30 mins per set. I never have a ghost Shadow and there is no risk of damage to the clients natural nail on application. I know I should be practicing blending and I do quite often on my trainer, but no matter how many times I try, I catch the natural nail with my file, I get a ghost Shadow and my smile is never as crisp as I would like. I will keep on practicing however, its just these wel-less tips have been a godsend to me, having got them for my own nails initially I am finding they are just as strong as my Creative tips and look the biz with a beautiful ready made smile.

Nail FX said:
Well for me Geeg I find them 'easier' to use on my clients and it cuts my times down by about 30 mins per set. I never have a ghost Shadow and there is no risk of damage to the clients natural nail on application. I know I should be practicing blending and I do quite often on my trainer, but no matter how many times I try, I catch the natural nail with my file, I get a ghost Shadow and my smile is never as crisp as I would like. I will keep on practicing however, its just these wel-less tips have been a godsend to me, having got them for my own nails initially I am finding they are just as strong as my Creative tips and look the biz with a beautiful ready made smile.

But you can apply a tip with a well in the same way can't you, and avoid blending those too? and what about the natural nail beneath hanging there and collecting dirt? Doesn't that annoy you? Does using these tips also mean that you do not use white powder in zone 1? How do you do a Forever French Rebalance for your clients? Tell me, I really want to know.

I use raptor tips on myself as they are a lot easier, ok cheating I know. But on clients I use Creative tips and blend them in.

geeg said:
But you can apply a tip with a well in the same way can't you, and avoid blending those too? and what about the natural nail beneath hanging there and collecting dirt? Doesn't that annoy you? Does using these tips also mean that you do not use white powder in zone 1? How do you do a Forever French Rebalance for your clients? Tell me, I really want to know.

I find if I don't blend a tip with a well, then I get shadowing. If I do blend, I presently get either shadowing or some nailbed damage, even when I go gently, I still manage to get the plate in a few areas. I don't/havent noticed dirt collecting under mine? I will check this the next time I have them on and let you know (currently wearing gel overlays). For any Forever French enhancements, even using white tips, I always put white on the tip area, I like to use the tip as the template to get my smiles more acurate. For a rebalance I would do the same, but this time I have to use my eye for the smile and not the ready made smile of the tip. As I say, I always put white or some colour over each zone on initial application as well as rebalancing, occationally I will just put twilight over the white tip as this can look quite pretty. I do quite a lot of natural enhancements with pink in the 3 zones over a natural raptor tip, these do look lovely - and very natural.

Hi Geeg, I use the raptors mainly on myself as they are very quick and easy to apply (especially on the other hand), But the best thing about them is that they look so natural, you do not need to apply any white/soft white or natural powder, just perfect pink over the whole nail and it has this lovely smile line, it is not suitable for all types of nails though as they are not very flexible when applying to the natural nail.

Yes they do grow down the nail much like a white tip, but nowhere near as noticeable and if you wanted you could then apply soft white or natural as if you were backfilling, but I personally find that for my own nails, and clients that want a very natural look, they are brill, I am not trying to say they are the best, just that for me the work and they work very well, It has not stopped me from doing white acrylic french or coloured or glitter french I still do plenty of them, it is just another option.

Well I want some white tips cos i have had some clients come to me from another nail tech and have asked for white tips...they do look very sharp. I didn't used to like them at all and thought they looked very much like the false stick on nails you can get from boots, but i tried the Raptors and liked them. I just think its another option and i like options...I can blend tips and don't damage the natural nail...so its not cos i don't want to blend....I can do smile lines with my paint on white, so its not to get out of doing that either its just sometimes i like to use them and sometimes i don't. I must admit it is quicker and i don't have a problem when they start to grow out either cos i just buff down and apply paint on white putting the smile line back to where i want it..as long as you cap well with your finishing gloss its fine.

Some of my clients love white tips and some hate them...i just like to have the choice.

I too used the well less white tips on myself because i found it hard to do smile lines on my right hand, but i found out i was just delaying my problem, when i needed to rebalance, and since i use gel and couldn't soak off (not that i should, this isn't very good on nails too) i encounterded other problem, the white of the tip and the white of the gel do not match, and to make things even worse white tips glow under black light. I don't know if you do much clubbing but i hated seeing my tips glow, especially when they were reabalanced and only half of it glowed.
So, even thow blending and creating smile lines on my right hand is a drag i now got the hang of it.
And about the natural nail hanging under the tip, this didn't happens because with pre-etched tips the glue bong is terrific, and even if it has a small step it didn't get much durt or have separation.
What i've been thinking of is clear tips. Do these need blending? Or are easier to blend? They sholdn't have shadow right? So if you're using white powder/white gel for the free edge there's no problem in using them, right? It might just make our lifes easier.

i love the raptures too (on decent length nail beds)....

BUT i do find em a bit bulky on the side walls especially......perhaps the lotus would be better.

Ambxxxxxxxxxxxx

the lotus tips are really nice,and are quite a bit thinner than the raptors but I find that the smile line is very deep and they are only suitable for really long nailbeds...

this is the thing i dont want a deep smile line...just a nice natural smile...with no well and no bulk...? xxx

Latest posts

Back