tips with no wells

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NailStyle said:
I am after some white tips with no well...but not the raptors...i already have those and do like them but i need some thin flat ones that dont leave a ridge like the raptors....any idea's xx

Hi
Try www.pronails.co.uk
Annie

Thanks...they have lots on there...just what i was looking for. xxx

NailStyle said:
Hiya...xx Isn't this the same thing...? white tips are not blended...so you are asking if this makes them weaker...but then you are saying you don't blend your tip either...so now i think i may be missing the point....lol

So sorry Angie, that I didn't get back sooner - mad weekend.

There is no reason why we can't treat a natural colour tip with a contact area as if it were a white tip - ie cut the well into a smile that suits and just thin, not blend.

HOWEVER - when you leave bulkiness in the tip it means you don't have so much room for product and brilliant adhesion from L & P and gel (which is lots better than adhesion from adhesive). For your heavy handed clients I would most certainly de bulk the tip as much as possible.

And yes, unblended white tips or well less tips are not a durable as a set of blended tips - all to do with the bulk left from adhesive and plastic.

Ahhh i see....i also understand what is meant by the comments about the dirt getting in...i didn't get that at first either...but with the stop gap on a tip with a well, there is no gap for dirt to get in...but with out there is no protection....it take me a while sometimes but i do get there eventually...lol thanks xxxx

Hi amanda

I use these tips and ezyflow also make the same tip in natural & clear.

J

Amanda said:
hi there
I have been using ez flows classic french tips and they are fabulous, very thin with a gorgeous smile line and no well. Does anyone out there know if any companies do a natural version of the well-less tip? I believe Tammy Taylor have just introduced them but not sure how I would get hold of them.
Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated.
Amanda

You are right David.

A tip that is just sitting on top of the natural nail is far more likely to break down than a tip that encloses the natural free edge and protects it in a snug little well.

I also think that the well helps to guide the tips in a perfectly straight direction when they are being applied and cannot see how a wellless tip can be easier to apply to oneself than one with a well that guides it where it wants to go.

All this pre blending and filing would take more time for me than just getting it on the nail and quick blend and away you go.

I think it is all a matter of experience. Use your Raptors for a while until you can do good smiles using your different colored powders. I bet that when you return to a tip with a well you'll find it a piece of cake!

It sounds like most are using these tips because they don't want to create their own smiles and can't be bothered with blending! Which is what I suspected. Can't see one single other point anyone has made in favor of using them other than that. Which is fine for you maybe ... but the natural nail showing would really annoy me and I would tend to pick at it too. Plus the hygiene thing, and the fact that I like to 'create' a smile line that suits the client not be dictated to by the shape of the tip. These are my opinions.:)

Am I right in thinking that CND 's new Performance tips are well less?
Amanda

I would love to know what makes the idea of using a welless tip attractive to anyone?

I would not like the idea of the natural nail sitting underneath the tip catching dirt and debris, not to mention the clients picking at it.

Why do you who use them think they're so terrific? This is a genuine question. Please tell me.

You are right David.

A tip that is just sitting on top of the natural nail is far more likely to break down than a tip that encloses the natural free edge and protects it in a snug little well.

I also think that the well helps to guide the tips in a perfectly straight direction when they are being applied and cannot see how a wellless tip can be easier to apply to oneself than one with a well that guides it where it wants to go.

All this pre blending and filing would take more time for me than just getting it on the nail and quick blend and away you go.

I think it is all a matter of experience. Use your Raptors for a while until you can do good smiles using your different colored powders. I bet that when you return to a tip with a well you'll find it a piece of cake!

It sounds like most are using these tips because they don't want to create their own smiles and can't be bothered with blending! Which is what I suspected. Can't see one single other point anyone has made in favor of using them other than that. Which is fine for you maybe ... but the natural nail showing would really annoy me and I would tend to pick at it too. Plus the hygiene thing, and the fact that I like to 'create' a smile line that suits the client not be dictated to by the shape of the tip. These are my opinions.:)

So the new CND Performance tips fall into the category of well less tips.

Just wondering if your views are still the same as above Geeg ?

Not having a go or anything, just asking as you seemed to be quite "against" them.

Marlise

So the new CND Performance tips fall into the category of well less tips.

Just wondering if your views are still the same as above Geeg ?

Not having a go or anything, just asking as you seemed to be quite "against" them.
Technicians are allowed to change their opinions as products evolve and improve, whether it be tips or sculpting liquids!

If you try a professional product in 1998 and don't like it or the way it looks, then a few years later try the product again because you've heard it's improved, you like the new and improved product and it does what you want it to... is that so wrong?

Product evolvement is fab as it's always offering us new and/or improved things to try, we don't have to like them, but if we do then it's got to be a good thing for all involved.

Technicians are allowed to change their opinions as products evolve and improve, whether it be tips or sculpting liquids!

If you try a professional product in 1998 and don't like it or the way it looks, then a few years later try the product again because you've heard it's improved, you like the new and improved product and it does what you want it to... is that so wrong?

Product evolvement is fab as it's always offering us new and/or improved things to try, we don't have to like them, but if we do then it's got to be a good thing for all involved.

Sandi,

I simply asked a question. I never said it was wrong to change your mind.

I asked Geeg if her views have changed, and if so, why ? Is that wrong ?

We ask for advice etc. on here all the time and I've changed a couple of my old brand products for new brand products due to Geeky recommendations etc.

I also made a point of pointing out in my post that I wasn't having a go, just asking a question.

Marlise

Hi
Having started this thread in 2005 I was interested to look back on various opinions especially now that CND have introduced well less tips!

I must say that at the time of the postings in 2005 I was made to feel like I was cutting corners, couldn't be bothered etc. That is just not the case as I didn't or don't use them all the time but have found them handy for speed etc (especially on myself).
Changing the subject to the new application procedure that is currently causing a stir:rolleyes: isn't this the same? we have been told that it wont replace our beloved application procedure but for those who struggle a little from time to time it will be a godsend, well that is how I viewed those tips a couple of years ago.
Now that CND have produced them they are the next best thing to sliced bread:lol:
Amanda

Now that CND have produced them they are the next best thing to sliced bread:lol:
I've tried well-less tips and I don't like them, I tried with them again and applied some the other day on my friend, I really didn't like not having the well to butt the nail up against, I suppose it's whatever you get used to. I'm a Creative technician and I couldn't care a less about the CND Performance well-less tips, but you'd never get me to part with my Velocity tips :green:
Horses for courses, go with whatever suits you and what you get on well with :D

Ive used cnd white performance tips in white and natural, really like them, they are wafer thin so that they only have a tiny ledge when applied, the white ones are gorgeous under clear gel or acrylic, i only blend very gently at the corners and thats it! Not suitable for all nails but a pleasure to work with.Please someone let me know if i should blend them,(i got information from website on how to apply) i did initially blend slightly but they are so thin that there is a danger of them breaking off because no contact.:)

I've used them for the first time this month and have been blending them slightly, mainly on the corners so I can get the ears on my smiles flush with the natural nail .. so far so good but I do need to get some speed bond as I've only got gel bond and have been told that they are better to be used with the speed bond as it is thinner.

I was worried about the the natural nail not being uncased and that this would cause adhesive breakdown but as I've said so far so good, and my blending time has been cut by a good 20 minutes, things move on this is why we are encouraged to keep our education upto date, so I'm always happy to give things a try and make my own mind up.

bit hint .... can we have them in clear as well please xx

I've used them for the first time this month and have been blending them slightly, mainly on the corners so I can get the ears on my smiles flush with the natural nail .. so far so good but I do need to get some speed bond as I've only got gel bond and have been told that they are better to be used with the speed bond as it is thinner.

I was worried about the the natural nail not being uncased and that this would cause adhesive breakdown but as I've said so far so good, and my blending time has been cut by a good 20 minutes, things move on this is why we are encouraged to keep our education upto date, so I'm always happy to give things a try and make my own mind up.

bit hint .... can we have them in clear as well please xx
Yes i read on the web site to use speedbond, i had problems getting them to stick with gel bond in the early stages , seem to have cracked it now, but speedbond does work better, i think these tips are for problem free nail plates so speedbond would be suitable.:)

Yes i read on the web site to use speedbond, i had problems getting them to stick with gel bond in the early stages , seem to have cracked it now, but speedbond does work better, i think these tips are for problem free nail plates so speedbond would be suitable.:)

I have used gelbond and haven't had any problems as such, but maybe have had to do extra blending because of the thickness of it. but will swap to speed bond on my next order.

I've used them on all new sets this week .. no one with really difficult nail plates but have found them a very easy fit with all I've done up to now.

I have had no problems with them , not sure why speedbond is recommended(any one know?) but if the ridge filling properties of gelbond are needed, i use it instead.

:eek:Sorry if you are wondering what i mean by them! i mean cnd performance tips!:)

But you can apply a tip with a well in the same way can't you, and avoid blending those too? and what about the natural nail beneath hanging there and collecting dirt? Doesn't that annoy you? Does using these tips also mean that you do not use white powder in zone 1? How do you do a Forever French Rebalance for your clients? Tell me, I really want to know.

Hi Geeg
I always used the cnd velocity tips, french or natural. However, an awful lot, if not most of my clients on new sets or pre-forever french rebalance, who didn't like sculpted, found that the tips split at the well to normal tip connection point regardless of the blending, building up of or less filing of the side wall. My personal preference now is to sculpt, however, not everyone wants french and not everyone likes sculpts, also, some clients do like to leave their new tip and overlay natural so is there any other option? I don't know, but in the meantime, well-less tips have served their purpose perfectly for me. I would be mega interested in any other option or troubleshooting for my application technique of both tip and overlay, also blending.
Hope this helps and maybe you can help me too!
Mega mega regards
Kat
Kats Klaws (Leeds) Ltd

sorry, i meant that i am looking for a well-less tip that is similar to ez flow classic french, very very thin and flexible

HI

I use Creative performance white tips with no well and I find them brilliant. They are very thin and flexible and my clients love them.

Because they have no well I can safely put them right of the end of short nails so they look good (not a nail biter).

I know I shoud be sculpting, but I have not yet mastered it properly and worry that my clients will not come back as the ends are too thick and I like them to be very thin, which I can get with my performance tips.

I am part time in an office job and have been there for 15 years. I am leaving next Thursday and so will be doing nails full time so my priority is to keep practicing sculpting, but until then I love my Creative performance tips!!

H XX

Latest posts

Back