To Extract or not?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would do a consultation at the begining and judge then depending on how the pores look. I would use the steamer to open the pores and extract the pores that needed it.

I definitely appreciate having extractions, even though it does hurt like hell:cry:
We use hot compresses prior to extraction to open the pores. We add a few drops of essential oil to them too, you can adjust the oil you use to the client's skin condition and mood, making it a more personal, holistic treatment.

Hi - I've been thinking about this for a while.....I'm starting to offer holistic facials and I'm trying to decide if extractions should be part of it.....I've read fors and againsts and I'm still unsure. What do you do and what are your thoughts? Also the my old salon didn't use a facial steamer, while in any other salon I've always used them.......again steamers yes or no...

Steam is very holistic especially if you add e.o. or herbs to it. I try to be very organic when giving facials and body treatments, steam is part of my products used. Extractions...cause discomfort...so I would say no. There are other ways to remove blackheads without squeezing or scraping them off. Sure it takes longer but by training your clients how to properly cleanse the face or other areas, it can be achieved within six weeks. Proper technique and the correct products and tools will keep the face comedone free.

Steam is very holistic especially if you add e.o. or herbs to it. I try to be very organic when giving facials and body treatments, steam is part of my products used. Extractions...cause discomfort...so I would say no. There are other ways to remove blackheads without squeezing or scraping them off. Sure it takes longer but by training your clients how to properly cleanse the face or other areas, it can be achieved within six weeks. Proper technique and the correct products and tools will keep the face comedone free.
If somebody already had comedones and they are deep then nothing other than steam and extraction,galvanic or direct high frequency will remove them.I dont know of any product that will bring a deep blackhead out from the pore.You can help prevent them from recurring once they have been extracted but I would be very interested to know what products you use that can get a deep blackhead out.:)

So when should the steaming and extracting take place in a facial, then??

Just after the scrub. x

Interesting - we were taught to do it before the scrub so we could help to desquimate any deeper stuff with the scrub after the steam had opened the pores!

I was taught before too! Got me thinking now!!!:idea:

lol....Thats actually what I meant. Sorry guys xx

I was trained (in school and again while becoming dermalogica certified) to do extractions AFTER exfoliation. Exfoliating aids in removing debrit that may hinder exracting comedones. After scrub we apply a disencrustation fluid to aid the process further.

I was trained (in school and again while becoming dermalogica certified) to do extractions AFTER exfoliation. Exfoliating aids in removing debrit that may hinder exracting comedones. After scrub we apply a disencrustation fluid to aid the process further.
I was taught the same thing,to carry out extractions after exfoliation,steam but prior to massage,mask.You could then carry out a direct high frequency treatment if required.

I think I read the post wrong. I was taught to steam before the scrub and extract after exfoliation.

Latest posts

Back