Toe ring causing loss of feeling in toe

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nco London Gina

Reaction score
I hope you don't all think i'm mad writing this, but I wondered to know if any of you have encountered the same thing I have.

I bought some toe rings at one of the trade shows a while ago and wore 2 rings on one toe on each foot.

I wore them at Septembers trade exhibiton and was obviously on my feet all day.

I have now lost the feeling in the ends of the toes on both the ones that had the toe rings on.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Gina

not had this happen myself but it sounds like they have maybe been pressing on a nerve and irritated it causing the loss of feeling

stanleyann

I did have high heels on and was on my feet all day.

Call me foolish, but i didn't think that would happen!!

I would suggest you visit your GP Gina just to ask his/ her advice, sounds like quite deep damage so best to get it checked out.
HTH
KxXx

I have had this happen from certain high heeled shoes before now, it took a few days before the feeling came back, but it did come back. Its a really weird sensation though!

nope...i bought a nice one from the trade shows......sara na stall....fits like a glove...dont know i am wearing it....its a WHOLE circle ring not half circular.

GUTTED i lost a stone out of it !

Hope your toe gets better......off to the gp me thinks gina!

Amb x

Hi Gina, I'm back on line. Yipee! Sounds like nerve endings have been pressed causing loss of sensation. Could be combo of both high shoes and rings. Wouldn't hurt to see your GP because I remember you saying previously that the affected toes were growing slightly crooked from wearing the toe rings. This sort of nerve damage (if any) need not be permanent but could take time to recover.

They were those full round rings.

I think you maybe should only wear one at a time.

I bought one from them about 4 or 5 yrs ago and wore it every day without any problems. This time, they were promoting the wear of 2 or 3 rings at a time and I thought they looked fab.

I did infact have 3 on one toe, but they felt a bit odd after a while, so only wore the 2.

The toe isn't growing crooked, but they really marked the toes, where my feet must have swelled up from standing on them all day long.

I thought seeing as this happened at the beginning of Sept, they might be OK by now. Perhaps I should see the doc - feel a bit silly explaining that though won't I !!:o

Thanks for the replies though

Gina

Toe rings really do have to be a perfect fit.

I have worn my grandmother's wedding ring (made smaller) for almost 12 years and like Minkus, never am conscious that I have it on.

To fit correctly a toe ring should be a bit tough to get over the end of the toe pad, but once on, should be just slightly loose.

i got mine from sara na and they are the only ones that have never hurt my toes, plus they do a proper measuring service so you get the right fit, they are expensive but definatley worth it :biggrin:

Slightly different but I had this happen to one of my fingers. I'd been to excel last year and been carrying heavy carrier bags all day round the show. By the time I got home my ring finger was numb. It took several weeks to recover. I'm glad to say it has now fully recovered, and I try to make sure I keep a bag with a normal handle in my bag to prevent a re-occurance. Think I better take a rucksack next time lol.

geeg said:
Toe rings really do have to be a perfect fit.

I have worn my grandmother's wedding ring (made smaller) for almost 12 years and like Minkus, never am conscious that I have it on.

To fit correctly a toe ring should be a bit tough to get over the end of the toe pad, but once on, should be just slightly loose.

These were perfect fit until i stood on my feet all day. :cry:

That will teach me i suppose. The rings were from Sara Na and I had them fitted at the show. When I bought them, I actually bought 3. They cost me about £120 if i remember rightly.

When I just had the one ring, I never encountered anything like this. I think I've come to the conclusion that it must be because there were 2 rings on each toe.

Anyway, I've taken them off and in future, i'll only be wearing the elasticated type !!

Gina

i bought some toes rings from the show last year like eternity bands with gems all the way round....havent been able to fine them since does anyone know a good toe ring website ?

Latest posts

Back