Took my CV for a job and I'm now gutted

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mind you can you imagine life if it was like The film Liar Liar where people didn't beat around the bush?It would save time and worry for days whether we had the job or not if they came out straight away telling you directly you walked in.No too fat,No too short.I think people in the entertainment industry and models must suffer from some confidence knocks as they get it all the time.

well that's why she didn't give you the job , why didn't you clean your shoes before you went for an interview?:rolleyes:
She was only using size as an excuse so you couldn't accuse her sensitive nostrils as being anti-dog!!!
Jeez Colleen!

Lmfao well that has made me giggle.her nose was so far stuck up her own ass I'm surprised she couldn't smell her own lol.

he was clearly anti dog sh*t and anti chub.If she ever had a chubby dog trainer in she would be up sh*t creak without a paddle wouldn't she lol xx

Ahhhh babe what aloud of rubbish ! I have has loads of therapists work for me over the years and once I had a size 16 and a size 6 anerexic work in salon together the size 6 was always off sick stressing re this and the other the other therapist still works with me clients love her as she is friendly funny etc the thin ones seem to be more tricky in my opinion. End of day fat or thin everyone wants to be happy in their work and no way Wd you be there what a freak saying that must be illegal I reckon xxx

Ahhhh babe what aloud of rubbish ! I have has loads of therapists work for me over the years and once I had a size 16 and a size 6 anerexic work in salon together the size 6 was always off sick stressing re this and the other the other therapist still works with me clients love her as she is friendly funny etc the thin ones seem to be more tricky in my opinion. End of day fat or thin everyone wants to be happy in their work and no way Wd you be there what a freak saying that must be illegal I reckon xxx

Thank you :hug: I know it's so horrible of her to say that but hey ho.In all my years of working I have never had days off sick always on time work my ass off for my employer and do everything I can possible do for them.It's just not happening for me at the moment I've been rejected yet again today for jobs basically i think because of my age they havent said that but it blatantly is because of my age there is no other reason for them to reject me atleast its not because I'm fat this time though lol xxx

That's ridiculous! I am a size 6-8 and I am really trying to put weight on to look healthy and feel better in my body. I wonder if her staff feel under pressure with their weight? I totally agree you have made a lucky escape!! Xxx

Thank you :hug: I know it's so horrible of her to say that but hey ho.In all my years of working I have never had days off sick always on time work my ass off for my employer and do everything I can possible do for them.It's just not happening for me at the moment I've been rejected yet again today for jobs basically i think because of my age they havent said that but it blatantly is because of my age there is no other reason for them to reject me atleast its not because I'm fat this time though lol xxx

CC I am going to have to have stern words with you!

You are not too fat. You are not too old. Or did you mean you were too young? You are not too young.

Get hold of that self-esteem and haul it up by its braces! You've had a horrible knock-back this week from Miss "I'm too perfect for this world".

You are lovely and talented.

There are many people vying for few jobs currently, so it's totally normal to try for jobs and not get them. It is NOT because you're not good enough. It is not personal.

Keep being yourself, doing what you're doing and you will succeed. :hug:

Ahhhhhhh chicken ! I don't know if this will help but sometimes when I'm trying to do smthg and it all goes wrong I take a step back and look at what I can change as in when I was pushing to be more with boyfriend I made several stupid and costly mistakes because it wasn't the right time and when timing is right it falls easier ? Does that make sense ? So in your situation if all you're getting is rejection the energy is all wrong in that direction and that's what needs to change also that lunatic implying you're too big at a size 12 is defo a sign energy is wrong in that direction I hope this makes sense xxxx

CC I am going to have to have stern words with you!

You are not too fat. You are not too old. Or did you mean you were too young? You are not too young.

Get hold of that self-esteem and haul it up by its braces! You've had a horrible knock-back this week from Miss "I'm too perfect for this world".

You are lovely and talented.

There are many people vying for few jobs currently, so it's totally normal to try for jobs and not get them. It is NOT because you're not good enough. It is not personal.

Keep being yourself, doing what you're doing and you will succeed. :hug:

Thank you dpoppy.It's really getting to me not working lol.I've been applying for salon junior/assistant jobs for hairdressing and boy is it hard because they want girls fresh out of school and compared to them I'm an old-timer lol.I have even said I'll work for juniors wage like £120 a week and it's still not good enough.

I just need to ground myself again and start over.I'm applying for cleaning jobs reception jobs etc just to get myself back out there and working i need to support my gal.

I think I'm stressing to much about it all but I just can't help it I look and thing jeez the bills come out again next week and freak out.I do it the same time every month lol.Thank you for your wise words.xxxx

Ahhhhhhh chicken ! I don't know if this will help but sometimes when I'm trying to do smthg and it all goes wrong I take a step back and look at what I can change as in when I was pushing to be more with boyfriend I made several stupid and costly mistakes because it wasn't the right time and when timing is right it falls easier ? Does that make sense ? So in your situation if all you're getting is rejection the energy is all wrong in that direction and that's what needs to change also that lunatic implying you're too big at a size 12 is defo a sign energy is wrong in that direction I hope this makes sense xxxx

Your making complete sence my aura is all messed up lately lol.I do need to just sort myself out and like I said above I just freak out same time every month lol.Also I really really really want to be working it's horrid I hate it.

I think a step back is in order like you say ground myself again and start a fresh page.Thank you for being so kind xxxx

i totally know what you mean about the age thing lovie but don't let it get you down, some very lucky salon out there is crying out for someone like you and they'll be very lucky indeed to get you! in the meantime, build up a portfolio of your work at college etc, have something with you when you go out job hunting to show how talented you are lovie. i went to the poundshop and bought some blank cd's (funnily enough they only cost a pound haha) and put pictures of my work on them so i could leave them and my cv with prospective employers xxx

With everything that's been going on you're bound to be fragmented however having Said that I'm totally not dismissing the dreadful panicky fealing when bills are coming in and money isn't. Been there more times than I care to admit ! It's tough because unless you're grounded the right energy won't follow and the biggest sign I get re that us the rubbish that lunatic said to you ! She was a sign of the difficulty you're in because what she said was complete nonsense !! So what can be done I think in your situation I Wd sit quietly centre yourself do a gratitude list even if you can only be grateful for smthg small which I'm sure you can think of loads of stuff then do a prayer to your higher power doesn't have to be god and then see what happens then do same tomorrow nd tomorrow and so on you're energy will change and energy follows thought then see what happens by end of week xxxxxxxxxxxxx good luck

i totally know what you mean about the age thing lovie but don't let it get you down, some very lucky salon out there is crying out for someone like you and they'll be very lucky indeed to get you! in the meantime, build up a portfolio of your work at college etc, have something with you when you go out job hunting to show how talented you are lovie. i went to the poundshop and bought some blank cd's (funnily enough they only cost a pound haha) and put pictures of my work on them so i could leave them and my cv with prospective employers xxx

That is such a good bloody idea why didn't I think of that I've had cake and steak bake smothered bodies on my mined :lol:.That's such a good idea I've got a few pics already and my dip dye and I'm going to start doing more on hair ups on Derek my doll head (she's called Derek coz she lookes male not female lol).I did a same length cut last week and the same this Friday coming and then the week after layers so I'll take lots of pics I'll cut my daughters hair this week and build up my portfolio.I'm feeling good about this all the time I've been waisting and I could have been doing this.thank you xxxx

hahaha my doll's called Svetlana because she looks like a drunk russian prostitute, her eyes are painted on all wonky and she has dark red lips...she hit the vodka hard when Boris her boy toy left her for another man...jeez, i need to get out more hahaha.good luck with the portfolio lovie xxx

Latest posts

Back