Top coat of Shellac and Polish Pro not shiny?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FonKulya

Reaction score
I have been using many brand of gel polish for color variety( Gelish, Polish Pro and Shellac, Geleration ) with a standard 36W UV lamp. Mainly have been using the Gellish base and top. As now the removal process seem to be long as I have to buff the top off a little I purchase the polish pro and shellac top and base coat ( as they were supposed to be easier for removal)

I use regular 99% alcohol to remove the last gel film of the top coat , it work fine with gellish and jessica top coat but for Polish pro and Shellac I could not get that beautiful shine that you are supposed to get.

I brought scrubfresh and Nailpureplus to try removing the film, getting the same result that it is not as shiny as Gellish top coat.

Has anyone with multiple system like me , experiencing the same problem? or could it be that I need their supplier lamp for their topcoat to get shiny.

With Gellish I just wipe , with shellac and NSI do you have to really scrub to get it out?

The result I am getting is not that it's not shiny, but it's not as shiny as Gellish.

Sounds like it's your light, for optimum results with shellac you need to use the CND light.

well I use Young Nails Mani q coloured gel polishes, and unless I use the correct nail swiping liquid that is made for this system, it isnt as shiney.
Perhaps you should use the whole system and not part thereof for maximum effect.:lol:

Stop mixing everything around ... Why would you do that? Use systems and the right lamp/s for the job. What you are experiencing are some of the things that happen when you do what you are doing. I think you know it already. :hug:

I have been using many brand of gel polish for color variety( Gelish, Polish Pro and Shellac, Geleration ) with a standard 36W UV lamp. Mainly have been using the Gellish base and top. As now the removal process seem to be long as I have to buff the top off a little I purchase the polish pro and shellac top and base coat ( as they were supposed to be easier for removal)

I use regular 99% alcohol to remove the last gel film of the top coat , it work fine with gellish and jessica top coat but for Polish pro and Shellac I could not get that beautiful shine that you are supposed to get.

I brought scrubfresh and Nailpureplus to try removing the film, getting the same result that it is not as shiny as Gellish top coat.

Has anyone with multiple system like me , experiencing the same problem? or could it be that I need their supplier lamp for their topcoat to get shiny.

With Gellish I just wipe , with shellac and NSI do you have to really scrub to get it out?

The result I am getting is not that it's not shiny, but it's not as shiny as Gellish.

With NSi Polish Pro you use Cleanse on a nail wipe not Nail pure plus to remove the tacky layer at the end - that will be why you're not getting a shiny finish.

Hi, Scrubfresh contains acetone and is not recommended for removing the inhibition layer on Shellac. 99% Isoproply Alcohol will give a super shiny finish. HTH! :)

Hi, Scrubfresh contains acetone and is not recommended for removing the inhibition layer on Shellac. 99% Isoproply Alcohol will give a super shiny finish. HTH! :)

Not only is ScrubFresh not recomended .. techs are positively told never to use ScrubFresh for anything other than cleaning the nail plate when using Shellac. A problem is what happens when people mess around intermixing all kinds of systems without product knowledge and without the understanding of when and how products should be used.

Not only is ScrubFresh not recomended .. techs are positively told never to use ScrubFresh for anything other than cleaning the nail plate when using Shellac. A problem is what happens when people mess around intermixing all kinds of systems without product knowledge and without the understanding of when and how products should be used.

I could not agree MORE! :hug:

There is no shine like Shellac. Even after 3 weeks, the shine is like day one.

If you Shellac top coat is not shiney, then it must be something that you are doing.

Just a thought...? I notice that you are in Bangkok, did you buy the Shellac from a reputable distributor...? Shellac is so popular that it's profitable for some people to fill in Shellac bottles with other things and try and make their money that way.

The result I am getting is not that it's not shiny, but it's not as shiny as Ge
llish.
hi your problem is not only using the wrong lamp but you are using scrubfresh over shellac. This will make it go dull. U need to use dsperse for the ultra shiny look after your topcoat. Ax

Latest posts

Back