Top Secret Eyebrow Shaping Tricks - Share Them Here!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINKUS

Gel Junkie
Reaction score
Anyone want to share how THEY get the perfect eyebrow shapes?

I am a bit of a perfectionist with eyebrows (even bought the 'how to create the perfect eyebrows' book which was crap btw)

Do you do it by 'eye'?

DO you use templates?

Mark areas out ever?????

Do you wax / tweeze / thread? ...whats your fav tweezers?

I WOuld love to hear your tips !

Amb x

I do it by eye as they say - with the help of my orangewood measuring stick!

He he Amb....your top secret tricks ain't gonna be secret for very long with the power of the google search :lol:

I work totally 'by eye' as you put it.

My only tip would be to completely understand what your client wants beforehand, and don't be afraid to advise against their wishes (obviously, after you've 'advised' and they still want what they wanted in the first place, just give 'em what they ask for!) - because your professional opinion works hand-in-hand with your professional expertise.

And lastly, realise that big can be beautiful too! We have too many clients come to us for 'help' (and that's really what they say - "helllllp!") when they've been overplucked elsewhere. If nature thought women would attract mates more easily with pencil thin lines for eyebrows, then she would have given us as such!

And lastly, realise that big can be beautiful too! We have too many clients come to us for 'help' (and that's really what they say - "helllllp!") when they've been overplucked elsewhere.

If nature thought women would attract mates easier with pencil thin lines for eyebrows, then she would have given us as such!

Why does mother nature give us hormonal women mustaches that we have to wax then!

Had a lady last night...to look at her eyes you'd think she HAD NO EYEBROWS:green:

I tinted them and shaped them, she had 'overplucked' one i said leave well alone till you come next time!

They looked fab it makes such a difference.

It never ceases to 'amaze me' when someone comes in with totally overplucked, mismatched/mis shapen eyebrows and expects you to do something with them!

Why does mother nature give us hormonal women mustaches that we have to wax then!

He he my comment wasn't a serious one, but if you really want an answer....

"Are you sure it's all hormonal women that need to wax their 'tache Theresa, or just you? Coz I've heard that mother nature made you sooooo bootiful that she had to curse you with something to make the rest of us mere mortals feel better....."

Was that a good answer? I hope so! :green:

He he my comment wasn't a serious one, but if you really want an answer....

"Are you sure it's all hormonal women that need to wax their 'tache Theresa, or just you? Coz I've heard that mother nature made you sooooo bootiful that she had to curse you with something to make the rest of us mere mortals feel better....."

Was that a good answer? I hope so! :green:

that will do for now! I will give you that fiver later! hehe

I do mine totally by eye also!!! Have to say I always ask the clients preference firstly, then go from there re shape, thickness etc.... but I myself do prefer the thinner eyebrow. Always have!! So guess its each to their own!! :)

It never ceases to 'amaze me' when someone comes in with totally overplucked, mismatched/mis shapen eyebrows and expects you to do something with them!

Yeah, I can totally empathise! Sometimes tinting can help, then in other cases tinting just shows up the bald patches and odd shape even more :eek:

We usually just stick them on a regrowth programme and show them how to fill in their brows to give a full, natural look.

I do mine by "eye" as well.

Most people already have a natural shape that just needs to be "unearthed".

The thing I find the most difficult is when clients come who have VERY fair eyebrows and very little of it and they want you to shape it or tidy it, when there is nothing to shape or tidy !!

Marlise

I shape & define with my eyes,

No templates or marked out areas. Armed with a trusty eye/l/b brush, some good light & a mission in mind lol

We use wax, no threading & tidy with tweezers.
My favourite tweezers are the slanted flat edged style. I find they work best for me

XX J XX

I always do them by eye too. It's really a question of finding out exactly what the client wants, if you can (how many times have you asked someone 'what sort of shape are you looking for?' and they say 'I don't know, what do you think?'). And remembering that once the hair is gone you can't put it back!
I've never used templates. Does anybody use them?
I remove most of the hair with wax (unless the client doesn't want me to wax) then I use a sturdy pair of slanted tweezers to finish.

Have to agree with everyone else. Definitely by eye with me too.

I've got a fab pair of slanted tweezers which make the job a lot easier.

Nothing nicer that a really well defined set of brows IMO.

I do it by eye to.

I swear by my tweezers from ruby & millie . Ive had the same pair since college can't imagine doing an eyebrow shape without them.

One thing I can't bear is people wanting extreme amounts of hair taken from the middle, always looks like there eyes are a mile apart.

I agree with Amy big is beautiful to :) I realised mine were to thin when they stopped showing up on photos !

By eye for me too, I wax most then refine shape with slanted tweezers. I have lots of young ladies at the moment on regrowth plans, some have plucked to oblivion, and theres not much there -they almost seem addicted to plucking!!!:)

Yeah, I can totally empathise! Sometimes tinting can help, then in other cases tinting just shows up the bald patches and odd shape even more :eek:

We usually just stick them on a regrowth programme and show them how to fill in their brows to give a full, natural look.

By eye for me too, I wax most then refine shape with slanted tweezers. I have lots of young ladies at the moment on regrowth plans, some have plucked to oblivion, and theres not much there -they almost seem addicted to plucking!!!:)

Amy & Sharon - when you say a re-growth programme I presume that you mean that you are trying to get the clients to re-grow some of the hairs back. Do you do anything different for these clients than say a re-shape?

Amy & Sharon - when you say a re-growth programme I presume that you mean that you are trying to get the clients to re-grow some of the hairs back. Do you do anything different for these clients than say a re-shape?

Yup, I teach them how to fill in their eyebrows whilst they're waiting for the overplucked areas to grow back, advise them on plucking at home (because some like to tidy themselves in between appts) as you don't want them plucking from the wrong areas without realising, and advise them on stuff like massaging the area which may stimulate hair growth.:green:

Yup, I teach them how to fill in their eyebrows whilst they're waiting for the overplucked areas to grow back, advise them on plucking at home (because some like to tidy themselves in between appts) as you don't want them plucking from the wrong areas without realising, and advise them on stuff like massaging the area which may stimulate hair growth.:green:

while i understand some clients can't help but pluck in between appointments, i always tell them not to, for the simple reason it will ruin the pattern of hairgrowth they've got going on. Eyebrow shapes last longer if the hairs are all taken out at the same time and in the same stage of hair growth, getting them all at the same stage of hair growth can be achieved after only 3-4 appointments. As soon as the client starts plucking them out in between this all goes out the window and they may aswell come for an eyebrow tidy once every week.

When i do brow shapes i always start in the middle above the nose and then move to either side, i usually do it by eye, wax then tidy round with tweezers. I prefer using the really sharp pointy epilation tweezers, i can't seem to get on with slanted ones!!

xx:)

while i understand some clients can't help but pluck in between appointments, i always tell them not to, for the simple reason it will ruin the pattern of hairgrowth they've got going on. Eyebrow shapes last longer if the hairs are all taken out at the same time and in the same stage of hair growth, getting them all at the same stage of hair growth can be achieved after only 3-4 appointments. As soon as the client starts plucking them out in between this all goes out the window and they may aswell come for an eyebrow tidy once every week.

When i do brow shapes i always start in the middle above the nose and then move to either side, i usually do it by eye, wax then tidy round with tweezers. I prefer using the really sharp pointy epilation tweezers, i can't seem to get on with slanted ones!!

xx:)

i use pointy ones too, i find them really useful for lifting the tiny little hairs that are too short to be caught on the wax. its easy to pluck them out then.

Where as nail techs say using white tips are cheating I think using tenplates are cheating.I have never used a tenplate and never will.

I never use an orange stick either.

A thorough consultation is crucial,as the worst thing is to guess what somebody wants,then go ahead with their shape only to be told they wanted their eyebrows thicker.:eek:

I always start on one eyebrow,then centre then other eyebrow.Also once I am placing the arch I alternate between eyebrows to get a definate match.

I always take the bulk off first with wax(unlesss client specifically asks for tweezer re-shape)Then I define shape with my Tweezerman tweezers.

I love these tweezers,they have the round grip in the centre,which makes handling them really comfortable.I am probably on my 3rd pair of tweezers as they tend to go blunt where they are soaked in barbicide and used so often.

If I have a client who has over tweezed,I advise that they leave absolutely alone until I/we have achieved the desired result.Sometimes I will advise they use a powder to fill in the missing hairs,not a pencil as this is too harsh.

Latest posts

Back