Topgel? which one?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailsofart

Reaction score
hi girls just want your opinions regarding to the perfect topgel
i already tried 6 different brands and not one is satisfying :mad:
i need a flexibele and a hard topgel with perfect coverage, perfect gloss that lasts for three weeks, non yellowing, easy to apply
hope someone can help me because this is bugging me for ages
cheers sabrina

Are you looking for it to use on top of L+P?

I use Brisa and the Finishing Gloss is fab, lovely and shiny and because it's a hard gel it doesn't lose its shine between rebalances :D

yes it is for use on l&p

Have you tried Akzentz Topgloss...??

You can use it over L&P (240 finish) its very glossy...lasts well...doesnt yellow EVER...its a file off so very tough and they also do a opalescent topcoat...not AS glossy but still lovely over french.

two brands i haven't tried yet
but the difficulty is to find also a flexible topgel

two brands i haven't tried yet
but the difficulty is to find also a flexible topgel

ahhh right, well the only real flexible gels are soft soak off gels...and they can discolour...they have to be porous to allow the acetone/remover to dissolve them, but this also means they can grab stains and discolour.

I don't think there is such a thing as hard AND flexible...although I have used Brisa topgloss and Akzentz topgloss (both non soak off gels) and didn't find either of them to be brittle.

i have different brands of flexible topgels ( to protect nail art) but you can't soak these off they keep shining but they aren't reliable to cover and protect the paint always so it can happen that you ruin part of your design and that is something i cannot tolerate :confused:

what brands have you used...?

ultra seal IBD
Odyssey
perfect gloss nailcreation
seal and sine myoshi
hollywood nails

I have used the IBD one and it wasn't anymore flexible than Brisa or Akzentz...

haven't heard of/used the others so cant comment.

I have used Akzentz over a small hand painted design and its been fine...but i wouldn't use it on a design that covered the nail..as it would need either a 240 buffed surface to adhere too or its own sticky layer...

If you can get it, NSI'S Glaze n Go is the best I've found. And I've tried all but Akzentz so far.

Personally I use Finish Gel by Young Nails - goes on thin, fab shine, no discoluration, buff off and no sticky layer to wipe...... Works for me!

If you can get it, NSI'S Glaze n Go is the best I've found. And I've tried all but Akzentz so far.
I use Glaze and Go too and have not had any problems with it hth

i didnt think that you can put glaze and go over polish ? am i wrong ?

thermoshield is good from nsi for over polish x

I always make the nail a litle thinner then normal, put on the nail art en then over the nail art a thin coat of acrylic after this I just buff

I love Brisa UV topcoat. It is a hard gel (ie non-soak off) but it isnt brittle, it's non yellowing, and it's so shiny, I love it.

I'm wearing it right now and it's the most amazing finish I would recommend you give it a try. I've got some on my toes and its been on nearly 4 weeks now, including a week on holiday where I was in the swimming pool, using sun creams, all the culprits for yellowing, but they are still as clean and shiny as the day I did them.

Regarding removal, although it is a buff off gel, it is so easily removed that I wouldnt worry about this, it's buffs off really quicky and easily, in fact probably with more ease than it takes to soak off a soft gel.

thanks for all the answers
think i will give the brisa topgel a try
sounds very good :)

dont mean to take over this thread but im having a blonde moment:confused: am i right that if you put these gels over l & p then the solar oil would not help to prevent lifting and keep the enhancements flexible as the topcoat (gel) is non-porious..i have toyed in the past with the ideas of gel topcoats because i love the shine but have always wondered about cuticle oil...i would love some feedback....also does this need to be filed of before a soak off there for more time consuming....:confused:

Personally I use Finish Gel by Young Nails - goes on thin, fab shine, no discoluration, buff off and no sticky layer to wipe...... Works for me!

Ditto :)

Latest posts

Back