toy poodle

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lizzie27

Reaction score
not sure how random the topics can get?
but does anyone own a toy poodle? as i have just got one and want to know you're experience with a puppy?
mine is white and called dolly!
she is gorgeouse but very attention seeking!
i took her to the salon today, she was good, but what do you think bout salons with dogs in? xx
i no ill prob get annialated!
but ive seen it before!

I have a toy poodle and she comes to work with me every day (nails), they have to well behaved and trained, no jumping up on legs etc.

Clients should also not handle him/her as this will make them more demanding. Not all people like dogs.

The last thing you need is a complaint from a client.

Not for me...I don't think a salon is the place for pets or children.

I went to a salon once where the owner took her dog everyday...and if you didn't make a fuss of her pooch she would be offended. I don't do fake coo-ing so i didn't go back.

Its just not nessesary...if you are out at work all day and your dog doesn't like being at home alone then maybe thinking twice before getting the dog is better.

I like dogs but wont have one because it wouldn't be fair on the dog...

Pets in salons ..... Hmmmm (dont all throw things at me) but im not a lover of animals and I wouldnt want to go to a salon for a treatment with an animal present.....I wouldnt think its very hygienic.

For the record I am against animal cruelty and wouldnt harm an animal............. I just dont love animals x

I used to have a white toy poodle called Cindy when I was a kid. I was only tiny when she was a puppy and my memories of her are more of when she was an older dog. They are VERY intelligent and perceptive, you will have a lot of fun with Dolly. :hug:

With regards to having a dog in the salon, personally speaking I wouldn't mind in the least . . . the computer shop I use has a chihuahua in situ, the jewellers has a small dog (can't remember what breed lol). Obviously, we spend a lot more time in salons and I guess if you have a yapper then that may not make for such a peaceful treatment. Do you have a separate room for treatments and the pup will be in reception? Clearly she would have to be a very well behaved doggy and I'm sure that with your love and guidance she will be exactly that :hug:.

I can only say that I wouldn't mind, personally, but I can't speak for everyone. I'm very much an animal lover and I'd quite like every shop I visited to have their pets around . . .

Just a though, some people are allergic, but as poodles don't moult, you shouldn't have any problems there, good choice lol!

I used to have a white toy poodle called Cindy when I was a kid. I was only tiny when she was a puppy and my memories of her are more of when she was an older dog. They are VERY intelligent and perceptive, you will have a lot of fun with Dolly. :hug:

With regards to having a dog in the salon, personally speaking I wouldn't mind in the least . . . the computer shop I use has a chihuahua in situ, the jewellers has a small dog (can't remember what breed lol). Obviously, we spend a lot more time in salons and I guess if you have a yapper then that may not make for such a peaceful treatment. Do you have a separate room for treatments and the pup will be in reception? Clearly she would have to be a very well behaved doggy and I'm sure that with your love and guidance she will be exactly that :hug:.

I can only say that I wouldn't mind, personally, but I can't speak for everyone. I'm very much an animal lover and I'd quite like every shop I visited to have their pets around . . .

Just a though, some people are allergic, but as poodles don't moult, you shouldn't have any problems there, good choice lol!

thnx for this lovely reply, she is a good dog and i do have a seperate treatment room, i love the fact poodles dont malt, and she is soo lovin, so far every one adores her, she the star of the shop!! x

I was going to tell you to talk to nail zoo lol but he's already been on, I remember when his had pups, they were soooooooooooo cute. I to have a non molter, mines a yorkie and while she was growing we had a puppy cage for her to go into if anyone looked a bit nervous and it made her feel more secure. But it is better if you can get the clients to just ignore her, rather then spoil her rotten :lol:.
You are going to have to post a pic you know:hug:

Not for me...I don't think a salon is the place for pets or children.

I went to a salon once where the owner took her dog everyday...and if you didn't make a fuss of her pooch she would be offended. I don't do fake coo-ing so i didn't go back.

Its just not nessesary...if you are out at work all day and your dog doesn't like being at home alone then maybe thinking twice before getting the dog is better.

I like dogs but wont have one because it wouldn't be fair on the dog...

I agree i have a shihtzu and she is very demanding for attention so when my clients come to my house they are in another room so they dont feel they have offended me by not fussing her.

[
quote=Susie H;778888]I was going to tell you to talk to nail zoo lol but he's already been on, I remember when his had pups, they were soooooooooooo cute. I to have a non molter, mines a yorkie and while she was growing we had a puppy cage for her to go into if anyone looked a bit nervous and it made her feel more secure. But it is better if you can get the clients to just ignore her, rather then spoil her rotten :lol:.
You are going to have to post a pic you know:hug:
[/QUOTE]

thnx, the cage is a really good idea, i didnt realise that yorkies were non molters too!n they were my second choice...lol
ill remember to tell everyone not to spoil her, as i want her to be placid and ignore them too.......;0)

Latest posts

Back