Trained with Bio Sculpture - need help !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cavallipink

Reaction score
Hi, i'm new to the board :)

I would like some advice on how to do Bio Sculpture nails properly. I paid over £500 on the training course, and I thought the training wasn't up to high standards. It felt very rushed and the Educator who was training people up wanted to rush home and leave early. I will be complianing ofcourse because it's left me in a bit of a mess.

I have the manual book, but I find that it seems to have old instructions ? this is what I was told how to do the gel nails on the course :

1. Buff the nails,
2. Apply 1 thin layer of clear gel and cure for 2 mins.
3. Apply 1 layer of colour gel to the nails and cure for 2 mins,
4. Apply a second layer if the client wants it doing (optional)
5. buff the nail then dual cleanse.
6. Apply top coat and cure for 40 secs.

I find that after I apply the second layer of colour gel and then buff and refine that I'm doing something wrong ? then when I dual cleanse, some of the gel comes off, it's not even a sanatizer ? it removes nail polish, top coat ! So what is the point in using dual cleanse to cleanse the nail if it takes off the top coat ? it even say that in the book but I found on a pdf page for Ireland that you sanatize the nails when using gel ?

I know I should ask head office, but I would like to know how others found the course and did they get any benfits from it ?

Thanks x

Hi, sorry your struggling, I did too, but there is lots of help on here available and a bio group maintained by Zingara that would be good for you to join.

After you have carried out your prep and applied your clear coat and then your colour coats, you MUST apply your correct top coat of your choice BEFORE you cleanse/sanitise or the colour will come off. So you need the top coat on first before you can refine (if necessary).

If you are unsure of any steps or procedure you must contact you bio trainer again and she must ensure you have fully understood all that was covered as you need to be practising before you go back for your assessment.

It should give clear steps on your training manual, but I know they have a new one and mine is the older version now so I cannot direct you through the manual.

Join the Biosculpture group as there is also lots more information on there and Bio techs to help you.

Stay positive, it is daunting at first. x

Actually reading your thread again you have missed out applying a top coat (sealer, s-gel or flexi gel) and just gone on to applying the uv top coat which I tend to think of as just like a high shine lip gloss which I apply after I have done any necessary refining or just straight over the top coat which needs to be cured for 2 minutes before uv is applied for 40 secs. As far as I know the uv top coat should not be used as the top coat over colour, its not durable enough.

1 Prep
2 Base layer or clear
3 colour
4 second colour coat
5 s gel, flexi gel or sealer
6 sanitise and refine if necessary
7 if no need to refine don't sanitize and just apply uv gel or if refinement is necessary sanitise, refine and then uv gel
8 sanitise

uv is the only 40 second cure gel bio do
all the others are 2 minutes (4 minutes for s-gel and flexi gel high shines with no uv).

Hope this helps x

Last edited:
Hello Teebster,

Thankyou for your quick response :)

I do think I have the old manual guide on how to do Bio Sculpture nails because when I was practising from the book, everything didn't seem like it was right. And when I searched for online tutorials I went on Bio Sculpture Ireland and they had a tutorial which seemed a lot easier to learn from. And they said 'sanatise nails' where they didn't say 'dual cleanse' so I'm not very happy about that.

The training was rubbish I mark it 5/10 for me. The trainer wasn't very friendly, she was quite harsh to 2 other girls in class. I have the 'old' version of Bio packaging and the new version. So it looks a bit like a odd collection to put in a new starter kit. I will be complaining to head office. I feel robbed because I've paid all of this money, the trainer wanted to leave early ! the course was rushed etc. And I want a new manual book free of charge or I want my money back because I'm extremely dissapointed with it all.

Thankyou for your advice x

Actually reading your thread again you have missed out applying a top coat (sealer, s-gel or flexi gel) and just gone on to applying the uv top coat which I tend to think of as just like a high shine lip gloss which I apply after I have done any necessary refining or just straight over the top coat which needs to be cured for 2 minutes before uv is applied for 40 secs. As far as I know the uv top coat should not be used as the top coat over colour, its not durable enough.

1 Prep
2 Base layer or clear
3 colour
4 second colour coat
5 s gel, flexi gel or sealer
6 sanitise and refine if necessary
7 if no need to refine don't sanitize and just apply uv gel or if refinement is necessary sanitise, refine and then uv gel
8 sanitise

uv is the only 40 second cure gel bio do
all the others are 2 minutes (4 minutes for s-gel and flexi gel high shines with no uv).

Hope you dont mind me crashing this thread but I know s-gel 4 mins cure for shine but what do you mean by "flexi gel high shines with no uv"

I use flexi gel & cure for 2 mins, can this also be 4 mins for a higher shine.

I do find flexi gel better than s gel on my more flexible nail clients. x

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Pooh8bear,

Thanks for responding to my post.

Was I supposed to recieve a UV gel pot in my starter kit ? because I don't have 1. And I did a checklist and it didn't say that on the list.

So I sanatise nails instead of dual cleanse ? because in my manual book it says 'dual cleanse' so sanatise is new ?

I have done everything in the book and did the instructions for Overlay and it seems to be wrong, as I've seen threads on here and on the web with different instructions on how to do gel nails. I am now sure I have a old version of the manual.

I'll have to sort it out with them. But thanks anyway x

Have you actually had your course with a legitimate educator for the company or just someone who is passing herself off as one??

I ask because CND have several people in the UK who try to pass themselves off as CND educators who are NOT and who can't give out legitimate certificates and of course then the students cannot buy the CND products at the end of the course!!

Your kit sounds like it has been cobbled together by an educator who is either trying to cheat Bio Sculpture by not telling them she is educating and thus trying to take money for a course that is not hers to take or someone who is not legit!! I would check with head office, who either way will I'm sure not be happy to hear this report.

Hi - I too felt exactly like you re the educator and the training, mine too was the most unprofessional trainer I have ever had on any course, exactly as you describe she even told us to ignore the manual it was rubbish and had everything wrong!!! but I felt unable to complain because of various things she inferred during the course, however on the positive side this web site has been the most helpful tool I have in my kit! but just so as you know - no the uv gel is extra and yes it appears like you are missing out on the s gel or sealer gel layer.
The only way I can explain it to you is to me it was like never ever seeing a car in your life, then picking up a new car from the garage and the salesman sitting you in the driving seat and saying you push this knob and button and it will work, buggers off then along comes the driving instructor in the form of salon geek and eventually it all makes sense!!

Hi - I too felt exactly like you re the educator and the training, mine too was the most unprofessional trainer I have ever had on any course, exactly as you describe she even told us to ignore the manual it was rubbish and had everything wrong!!! but I felt unable to complain because of various things she inferred during the course, however on the positive side this web site has been the most helpful tool I have in my kit! but just so as you know - no the uv gel is extra and yes it appears like you are missing out on the s gel or sealer gel layer.
The only way I can explain it to you is to me it was like never ever seeing a car in your life, then picking up a new car from the garage and the salesman sitting you in the driving seat and saying you push this knob and button and it will work, buggers off then along comes the driving instructor in the form of salon geek and eventually it all makes sense!!

I had the same trainer as eternity31 and i to was told to ignore the manual, and infact, have sold my kit to another bio tec and am not continuing with bio, I know it is a great product and if i had better training am sure i would of been more confident and still be trying to be a bio tec. Good luck with the complaint letter, i only wish i had of complained now i know others felt the same, i was convinced it was just me because i had no other nail experence other than my mani.
Good luck :hug:

This is scandalous, I had my training at St Albans and it was excellent, following the manual and covering everything over 3 days with an assessment after we had practiced. They are incredibly helpful over the phone. The trainer worked as a nail tech so could give us additional tips. Please call head office and tell them your experience. :hug:

I've posted re this on the Bio group too, but I agree with the other girls....if ANY of you have issues with your training, then please please let Rene Lipsitz, the UK importer of Bio Sculpture know. She is a lovely lady and works so hard to make sure that Bio Sculpture is a premium brand in the UK.

The majority of Bio trainers are second to none and Rene would be most upset to know that someone is 'letting the side down'.

Hi there I had poor training in leicester initially and I complained and eventually went on another course which was fantastic. I think its really important to complain as u have spent such a lot of money good luck

hi i am currently looking into doing my training in leicester,can you advise me whether you feel its the right decision.
i dont have any nail experience but am a qualified hairdresser with 20 years+ experience,i have always done manicure/pedicure etc on friends and family as a hobby so ive got manual dexterity but do you think you learn enough on the course to be able to do bio sculpture well.I wouldnt try to do it as a job straight away but would practice on friends/family etc until confident.
If there is any other courses people would recommend i would be v grateful, i live in the midlands area thanks x

Hi all,
Ive just attended the bio course at St Albans and it was fab. I learnt alot and really enjoyed it. My trainer was great..! I just want to get started now and hope i can get the clients :)

Hi all,
Ive just attended the bio course at St Albans and it was fab. I learnt alot and really enjoyed it. My trainer was great..! I just want to get started now and hope i can get the clients :)

i was there on October 18/19th with Nicola. Were you on the same course?? :green:

Hi all,

I am completely new to nail training but am very keen in starting bio sculpture training. I have been recommend to go to the training centre in Fleet. They are charging just under £900 for a 4 day course including the starter kit... does anyone know if i can do this training anywhere else cheaper or does all the bio training have to go trhough bio sculptures headquarters?? Also, i am 5 months pregnant and looking to start this course so i have something to do on the side during my mat leave and possibly work independantly if i decide not to return to work... would you professionals recommend this?
thanks for all the advice....:)

Phew Ria - thats a big question, but as far as I know only bio do the bio training and of course you can learn gel nails anywhere but you wont have the specific biosculpture training nor the ability to purchase Bio products except through auction sites but the prices on there are silly, to make a living out of it you need to invest time and money on business development and networking, I am quite lucky as I have 2 business one Financial Services where I am used to developing new business leads and treating customers fairly because we have to by law! and the other which is nails both extremely different but dovetail together very nicely and one makes me instant money payment up front - the other brings larger rewards but much further down the line after a lot of hard work, which doesn't always come to fruition. I wouldn't say that you would be able to make a living out of it straight away especially with a new baby however it really depends on how much you need and more importantly what you want to earn...but I would highly recommend Bio as a product, good luck!

Hi all,

I am completely new to nail training but am very keen in starting bio sculpture training. I have been recommend to go to the training centre in Fleet. They are charging just under £900 for a 4 day course including the starter kit... does anyone know if i can do this training anywhere else cheaper or does all the bio training have to go trhough bio sculptures headquarters?? Also, i am 5 months pregnant and looking to start this course so i have something to do on the side during my mat leave and possibly work independantly if i decide not to return to work... would you professionals recommend this?
thanks for all the advice....:)

Hi Ria,
I can recommend the training in Fleet, that is where I did mine & they are so helpful (I live about 1 mile from there)Ester & karin are fantastic.

I didn't need to do the manicure part as I had already got the certificates from doing hair & beauty at college so it was a little cheaper than £900.

If you go to the shows Bio Sculpture often do offers on their starter kits, you also get to try it on yourself before you buy. which all helps.

You wont be disappointed,Bio Sculpture is a fantastic product & very well recognised by name, so much so clients ask for it by name.

There are also no strong smells as I know that can be a problem when pregnant & for some clients.

Good luck, you will love every minute:)

it really is simple once u get the hang of it , i NEVER buff or dual cleanse between layers leave all that til the end this is how i do it :
-prep
-dc
-apply clear gel as base (u can use others for different nails)
-apply first coat colour
-apply second coat colour
-apply top gel i usually stick to s gel depending on clients nails
-dc
-top coat (varnish, although not essential)
-usually cure for 1 min just to dry it off
-job done!
I have between 5 and 10 clients a day using this method and trained about 3 yrs ago. Persevere as its a fab product once u get used to it xx

Thanks for all your help and advice. I've had bio done on me before and I loved it and saw a part time/casual scope for having your own independant business so really wanted to take it one step further. Am defo going to go for it! Thanks again guys! xx

Latest posts

Back