Training in Gel - which is the best soak off?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaynesavage

Reaction score
hi. now doing NVQ in artificial nails, the course kit only includes NSI gel, which is a buff off gel. I really want to work with a soak off, but can not afford to do any more training at present (looked at BioSculpt), with the NSI gel, you apply a bonding liquid over the prepared nail, then build gel and cure, then the colour and cure, as I am sure you are all aware. my question is, which soak off gel works in the same way, and which is best?
(obviously I have not put the full application instructions, just an idea of what i have been trained to do! :Grope:)

I personally find Bio Sculpture by far the best soak off when you take everything into account, but if you can't afford the commitment of a gel like Bio, than why not take a look at Akzentz Options...the soak off gel. Its avaiable in the UK from nailsplusbeauty.

Nails Plus Beauty - home page

The Dream soak off gels are good, and not too expensive.
They do white pink and clear.

XX

hiya .. what is it about a soak off gel that appeals to you ?

hiya .. what is it about a soak off gel that appeals to you ?
hi - i really don't like the idea of buffing off, i know you can do this safely to the natural nail, by leaving a thin layer of the gel, and i have heard you can buff down and soak off the last bit, but i still feel that it would be better for the natural nail to soak off. (correct me if i am wrong)
My business is based on Natural products, and growing natural nails, but i do realise that i need to expand to help my clients, and I am not blinked to the fact that i need to earn more money to make my business work full time. (part time only until little one starts school in September)

This is great information, thanks!
Am i right in thinking most soak off are too soft to use with a tip? (not great advert for natural nails, but hey, some clients will ask!)

hi - i really don't like the idea of buffing off, i know you can do this safely to the natural nail, by leaving a thin layer of the gel, and i have heard you can buff down and soak off the last bit, but i still feel that it would be better for the natural nail to soak off. (correct me if i am wrong)
My business is based on Natural products, and growing natural nails, but i do realise that i need to expand to help my clients, and I am not blinked to the fact that i need to earn more money to make my business work full time. (part time only until little one starts school in September)

Fair enough :hug: but how often do you think you will have to be removing them...?? since 04 i think I have removed 3 sets.

Unless your using colour gel (and clients want a different colour) I don't see the benefits of a soak off.

So do the clients just come for infills? I was hoping offering to remove the overlays would stop clients picking and pulling off!
As my business is really about the natural nail, what i want to offer is semi-permanant colour, holiday nails, wedding nails - with tips if needed, but not really with the idea to keep for any length of time
am i deluding myself?

This is great information, thanks!
Am i right in thinking most soak off are too soft to use with a tip? (not great advert for natural nails, but hey, some clients will ask!)

le chat nobility works fine with tips. and i think others do to as long as you are careful to structure the nail correctly.

i think the temptation with gels is to treat them just like nail polish. its the structure that gives the strength not the product alone.

So do the clients just come for infills? I was hoping offering to remove the overlays would stop clients picking and pulling off!
As my business is really about the natural nail, what i want to offer is semi-permanant colour, holiday nails, wedding nails - with tips if needed, but not really with the idea to keep for any length of time
am i deluding myself?

Yes clients just have continued infills/rebalances....if clients are picking or pulling off then there is nothing to soak off anyway. And if some clients are pickers they will pick regardless of what gel it is.

Thing is most people once they have had there nails done want to keep them...and so do we as its the infills/rebalances that make us the money....not the first sets.

HTH x

Angel Fingers - how about one of your fab tutorials on your web site for using nobility with tips - I thought that it was only for natural nails and have been using nobility for natural and ibd for extensions. Would love to use nobility for both!

Angel Fingers - how about one of your fab tutorials on your web site for using nobility with tips - I thought that it was only for natural nails and have been using nobility for natural and ibd for extensions. Would love to use nobility for both!

i think thats a good idea, i'll add it to my list.
list is quite long at the moment though, but i will get round to it.
there are some mega new glitter nobility gels coming out so i could do it with those.

yes, love the site! very helpful. And thank you for your advice.
x

I use NSI which is buff off but because I use white tips (cnd perfomance) I would like a soak off gel

I need a soak off that is ok to use with tips and a good price , so far I've come across akzentz options and lechat nobility

anyone who uses these gels with tips I would love to hear what you think of them

Thanks!

calgel is fantastic gel, 1 gel for everything sculpts & nno's not cheap though

Akzentz Options ticks all those boxes for me....

Strong, good price, soaks of easily and probably the nicest distributor and best customer service I've ever come across...

I also use Bio Sculpture....has a more extensive range of colours than Akzentz...but not so good price, I'm afraid! Still its excellent quality!

Options is a great gel ... well worth giving it a go before you go and commit yourself to training with other soak off gels.

You can get it from here... Nails Plus Beauty - home page

They do a trial pack too that comes with everything you need.

Have you used POW instead of white tips...?? it would make things so much easier for you than soaking off all the time. xx

I have practised a bit with POW but Im slow at it and they dont turn out as good or as quick as using white tips
I would if I just did nails but I dont I do beauty and only do enhancements every so often

I will keep practising tho

xx

Latest posts

Back