Training in Gel - which is the best soak off?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Akzentz gets some rave reviews here,if you do a search,and as Bagpuss reiterated try Karen at nails plus beauty....she is a pleasure to talk to,down to earth and very honest....a very experienced person who is really willing to help:)

I have tried almost every soak-off I can get my hands on! I have used Bio for 3 years and love the product. I'm moving away from it only due to customer service (or lack-there-of!)
I use Nobility on toes. I find it is okay, but because it is in a polish-bottle type applicator instead of a pot, it is a bit awkward. It also does not cure to a high shine. I spoke to a trainer and she said it was supposed to be used more like a coat before polish, just to add a bit of strength (so more of an add-on than an enhancement product). That is just what I was told though.
I just got back from a 1-on-1 at Akzentz headquarters in Richmond, BC. I am now using the Options range on almost all my customers. I like it a lot. There can be some problems with it lifting close to free-edge, but they are soft-releasing a product called opti-bond that will eradicate this. I would recommend trying a sample kit! I hope this makes sense!

thats interesting, is that going to be like a sure bond ?

thats interesting, is that going to be like a sure bond ?

No, it's a gel similar to base'n gloss or bonding gel. Opti-bond is a brand new bonding gel desinged to stop sepeartion from free edge

Last edited:
Akzentz Options ticks all those boxes for me....

Strong, good price, soaks of easily and probably the nicest distributor and best customer service I've ever come across...

I also use Bio Sculpture....has a more extensive range of colours than Akzentz...but not so good price, I'm afraid! Still its excellent quality!

Wow, they must have a lot of colours! I know that Akzentz has 31 different colors of gel polishes, 11 different gel sparkles, and about 8 or 9 gel arts.
Amanda

Wow, they must have a lot of colours! I know that Akzentz has 31 different colors of gel polishes, 11 different gel sparkles, and about 8 or 9 gel arts.
Amanda

Yep, Bio Sculpture have nearly 100 colours now I believe. And they are beautiful.....but as I say, pricey!

Sadly my most popular Bio colours aren't available in the Akzentz Options range...a deep shimmery black, a real dark chocolate brown, bright oranges and bright pearlescent whites....but here's hoping they will be one day!

I love the fact that you can change a colour so much with the Satin Pearl with Akzentz. Would you say that Options colours will mix to create new ones?

hey! do you know when opti bond will be available to order here ?

Hi Jayne
I would realy recommend the IBD gel they are realy good and are avalible in both Buff Off and Soak Off the same steps apply to both gels, and both have realy great gel colours!!!
Have a try you'll love them
Lu:)v Lou

Ive been asked to remove gel nails and replace them with Acrylic ( I use creative L&P) I havent had any experience with gels. I had no idea some gels soak off and some dont. I was going to soak in acetone. What should I do? :rolleyes:

Ive been asked to remove gel nails and replace them with Acrylic ( I use creative L&P) I havent had any experience with gels. I had no idea some gels soak off and some dont. I was going to soak in acetone. What should I do? :rolleyes:

Why do they need removing?

It doesn't necessarily mean you have to remove the gel.....if the gel is intact and in reasonable condition it is perfectly acceptable, in fact preferable, to infill with L&P as opposed to have to remove one product merely to put another on top. Just buff down as normal, prep and rebalance as normal.

Soaking off is more traumatic to the nail than infilling, and as you don't know what gel's are on, or how best to remove them, it is always considered best to infill as opposed to remove and replace. The gel can grow out naturallly and as the 'top' layer of prodcut is L&P, your client gets what she wants!

Can save you as a tech a load of time too!

It doesn't necessarily mean you have to remove the gel.....if the gel is intact and in reasonable condition it is perfectly acceptable, in fact preferable, to infill with L&P as opposed to have to remove one product merely to put another on top. Just buff down as normal, prep and rebalance as normal.

Soaking off is more traumatic to the nail than infilling, and as you don't know what gel's are on, or how best to remove them, it is always considered best to infill as opposed to remove and replace. The gel can grow out naturallly and as the 'top' layer of prodcut is L&P, your client gets what she wants!

Can save you as a tech a load of time too!
Thank you so much. I really had no idea that you could put L&P over gel.

hey! do you know when opti bond will be available to order here ?

I'm not sure where you are, but opti-bond in available to order. We have it stocked it at our store here in Calgary. The nice thing about it is it works to stop any peeling back or seperation from the free egde and it gives a super bond. I've been using it a lot lately,
Amanda

Yep, Bio Sculpture have nearly 100 colours now I believe. And they are beautiful.....but as I say, pricey!

Sadly my most popular Bio colours aren't available in the Akzentz Options range...a deep shimmery black, a real dark chocolate brown, bright oranges and bright pearlescent whites....but here's hoping they will be one day!

I love the fact that you can change a colour so much with the Satin Pearl with Akzentz. Would you say that Options colours will mix to create new ones?

Wow! 100 colors, that's a lot! I have had a lot of requests lately for a black sparkle in the Akzentz line. Maybe I will ask or request this to head office! And yes, you can definately customize your own colors by mixing them!
Amanda

i ahd a client alittle while ago who had gel nails done about 5 days earlier someplace else and wasnt happy with them.She want me to soak them off and do her a full set of acrylics as she didnt even like the white tips that they had used.
As i hadnt done her nails before i didnt know what type of gel had been used and opted to soak them off.AAARRRRGGGHHH! they werent soak off and i ended up wasting alot of precious time plus it was a nightmare trying to buff away where the tips had been applied!
My client was pleased with the end result but i was soooo shattered that i felt like i needed a lie down!!!
What is the best thing to do in this situation where you dont know what gel has been used???:confused:

i ahd a client alittle while ago who had gel nails done about 5 days earlier someplace else and wasnt happy with them.She want me to soak them off and do her a full set of acrylics as she didnt even like the white tips that they had used.
As i hadnt done her nails before i didnt know what type of gel had been used and opted to soak them off.AAARRRRGGGHHH! they werent soak off and i ended up wasting alot of precious time plus it was a nightmare trying to buff away where the tips had been applied!
My client was pleased with the end result but i was soooo shattered that i felt like i needed a lie down!!!
What is the best thing to do in this situation where you dont know what gel has been used???:confused:

Infill! As long as the previous product is intact then you can just buff down slightly, prep as normal and then re-balance using the product that the client wants. The gel will grow out underneath.

i can apreciate that that is good advice but she didnt even want the white tips leaving on!!!!! i had to remove the whole lot! someone out there must know of a simpler way to get this gel and tips off!?!?

Latest posts

Back