Trouble with glitter

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katysnails83

Reaction score
Hi all!!

Recently bought some glitters so I could do tips etc but I can't seem to get it right. It is nail glitter now do I add it to powder or just use monomer? Sorry don't have a clue about glitter.

Any help appreciated...THANK U

Add it to powder and away you go hun! YOu might need to work slightly wetter depending on how much glitter you put in!!

HTH

Thank u I have about 10 different colours so do I need to get a pot to put powder and glitter in ?

You can get little stacker pots from Designer Nails but you might be able to get them elsewhere aswell. I use them to put them in!

use 1 part glitter to 4 parts powder if you want a solid glitter effect, use more powder if you want a more subtle effect.

you can get those stacking pots in boots for about £3

angel fingers said:
use 1 part glitter to 4 parts powder if you want a solid glitter effect, use more powder if you want a more subtle effect.

you can get those stacking pots in boots for about £3

I've got these pots from boots there great.

Hi,

just thought I would let u know that I got some great stacker pots from Superdrug 75p, they do pink, blue and clear (3 Stack). Hope this helps. Take care.

Ali x

Hi Everyone,

Im no nail tech but I do love experimenting on my own nails and ive seen those glitters being used on tips and would love to do my own,

I have natural nails... could i do them on there using the products you guys use?

If yes please advise what I need to get started too.

Much appreciated ;)

Peter Pan said:
you could use anyghting you want pet - but make sure its from a reputable company - here is a few

www.naturalnailsbyfiona.com
www.nailtopia.co.uk

just to get you started

Thanks for that - but "anything" is too much free reign for me lol

The first site keeps going dead my end... must be my laptop trying to tell me "sleep woman" hehe and the second site sells rhinestones etc which I already know of... I want to know about glitters, how to apply them etc...

Is a powder and glitter mix better than the glitter topcoats you can get?

If powder and glitter is better where do i buy powder from? whats it called, what type of brush do i need and all the who-ha of that lol

:D

If you buy pots of EZ Flow glitters, they already include Polymer. NO need to add it to clear etc. Same as Creative, INM and others. Just use Monomer and dip your brush directly into the glitter, all done for you.

Craft glitter at Spotlight etc, is of course different, you have to add it to clear powder, but sometimes the colour runs and it looks really cheap & nasty.

Have fun.

OPIGeek said:
Thanks for that - but "anything" is too much free reign for me lol

The first site keeps going dead my end... must be my laptop trying to tell me "sleep woman" hehe and the second site sells rhinestones etc which I already know of... I want to know about glitters, how to apply them etc...

Is a powder and glitter mix better than the glitter topcoats you can get?

If powder and glitter is better where do i buy powder from? whats it called, what type of brush do i need and all the who-ha of that lol

:D

As you are untrained in the art of nail enhancements, it would be very difficult for you to get the powders to mix with the glitters - if that makes sense - equally the EZ Flow Boogie Nights would be no use to you as you need to be able to use them and without training - you can't.

Your best bet would be to use glitter with your varnish.

The Nail Graphix glitters are designed to be mixed with powder to be done as an overlay. I have never tried using them with varnish in this way.

Latest posts

Back