Twighlight Evening

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

busybee32

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Have just completed my first full set of stilettos and would like some feedback please.
Usually I have only ever done stilettos as a feature nail, not the whole hand.
Any pointers or thoughts would be greatly apprieciated.
Thanks
Jen xxxxx

Attachments

• stilletto2.jpg
    stilletto2.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 212
  • stilletto.jpg
    stilletto.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 233
  • stiletto4.jpg
    stiletto4.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 231
  • stiletto3.jpg
    stiletto3.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
I can't critique as I haven't even attempted to do stilettos myself

But I just want to say that they're gorgeous.... I love your use of colours

Well done.. :hug:

Absolutely gorgeous:green:

These are fantastic, they look amazing.:)

Love them , only thing I would say is your pinkey looks quite long carefull with that I always tend to catch my pinkeys (when there long stilletos) when getting dressed , :)

beautiful.:)

only thing i would suggest as an improvement is to maybe lengthen the nailbed area.

ring finger looks like it is slightly wider but i'd say its more than likely just the camera angle.

how did you make the pattern, its lovely.

What did you use for the nail bed? It's beautiful! Love the pattern. I've only ever done a feature stiletto nail. Very inspirational!

Stunning, beautiful, I too would like to know how you did the patten and I want some!!:hug:

stunning work love the design

very nice indeed , how did you do the black pattern xx

:hug:Thanks guys

Yeah after I had done them thought the niail bed should have been longer.
However I no longer have them on.
Didnt build the apex strong enough and ended up snapping the index finger clean off in bed, woke up in the morning to find it missing:lol:
My middle finger cracked all the way across but didnt come off so as I was in bed I couldnt fix it, got up the next morning and strengthend the apex but when i was filing caught the middle one from underneath and snapped it clean off about 2 mm below my hypernicium.
So they all came off.
Instead I have redone them squared and not as long but the same pattern.
The nail bed is Opal shimmer added to clear, the first colour of the fe is turqouise glitter, the 2nd is a custom blend mix that I made and the dark blue at the end is glistening cobalt from the NSI technail colours collections.
The design is done with black acrylic paint and the whole thing is topped off with gel top coat.
Jen xxx

Last edited:
:cry::cry:Ouch!!!!

Attachments

• ouchie.jpg
    ouchie.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 152
  • ouchie2.jpg
    ouchie2.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 135
Auuutsch.....what a pity!!!!:cry: What have you done:eek:?
Because they were sooooo great!!!!

Unfortunatly the first night I had them on I got into bed moved my pillow and snapped the middle one straight across but it didnt come off, as it was late I decided to just stick a bit of glue in the crack to sort out in the morning.
When I woke up yesterday I found that nail had surviced the night alas my index finger didnt and had snapped clean off, Luckily just above my own fe saving a couple of mm of my own nail.
Anyway i decided to crack on and build up the apexe's on the nails and got to filing down the middle finger when .......
I accidentally caught it from underneath:mad::cry: a few choice words later and stabbing myself in the palm with the thumb on my right hand I decide to cut the whole bloody lot down.
So guys that was my first and last attempt at a full set of stilettos,

Gutted! I'd love to have stillettos but i fear this will happen to me in my heavy handed small nail bed way! Makes you feel nauseous! x

Wow An*Gel....they look fantastic :Love:

Wow An*Gel....they look fantastic :Love:

LOL Trace!!.. I'd love to take the credit for these but they were done by busybee32.... fab aren't they?!!!

I love your work I think the effect is amazing but think they would never be practical maybe I am just a bore. But one againyour skills are fab x

Thank you :hug:

Latest posts

Back