Universal Contour Wrap vs Shrinking Violet?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebecca@Candy

Reaction score
Hi guys

I've decided to to invest in some wrap training in time for January diets and I've narrowed it down to Tibby Oliver or universal contour wrap, I've done loads of research on both one thing I couldn't find to compare was results. At the moment tibby Oliver is swaying my vote a bit due to the marketing try do, the brand and their reputation but results looked better for icw, just wondering if any of you who are trained in either system could give me some feedback, good or bad!

Thanks so much geeks! X

We use ucw and its amazing! We did some serious research and were swayed by the fact that ucw has been around so long! Our clients are thrilled!!this weeks average inch loss has been 12 inches! The training, back up and support have been first class too! X

For me the choice was easy, Shrinking Violet! A lot of my clients had tried UCW and weren't impressed with it, and Shrinking Violet has all the scientific back up and a great support network. Was a no brainer as Kevin Bacon would say xx

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Would you be able to post a link for the scientific back up for SV, please?
I know lots of people would be very interested to read it. Thanks!

I have used both and unless you have used both then you can't really tell.

I used UCW for years and got really great results with it. Clients were always delighted and I had a lot of regular monthly treatments.

I did try Shrinking Violet when it was launched and was not overly impressed, maybe I would have been if I had not used UCW before?

My suggestion would be to go and have one of each wrap and see what you think. Contact both companies and ask for an experienced therapist in your area and test them properly. :D

http://journal.scconline.org//pdf/cc2008/cc059n04/p00372-p00373.pdf
I have found this literature on the delivery of pc
I'm under the impression this is the active used in the above mentioned product
The paper above would substantiate the delivery of such an active
Hope this helps with understanding the transdermal mechanisms used for delivering such actives within liposome ingredients

Well, now's certainly the time to buy Shrinking Violet; it's got 50% off on the S2 website!

Well, now's certainly the time to buy Shrinking Violet; it's got 50% off on the S2 website!

I'm ridiculously angry about this I'll be honest as I just ordered on Monday so not happy at all!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

That doesn't instill much confidence in the product line ... I would immediately question if they are going to continue stocking it since it is "50% discount while stocks last".

I think this will be the end of the TO & S2 relationship. I'm sure I've heard mutterings somewhere. Feel sorry for those that have spent good money, if it's true 😞

I think this is the end of a short lived relationship. Can't help feel sorry for those that have spent good money.

I think this will be the end of the TO & S2 relationship. I'm sure I've heard mutterings somewhere. Feel sorry for those that have spent good money, if it's true 😞

Why do you think this

Why do you think this

..... they could be bringing out something bigger and better in the new year. . Or changing their packaging. Most products that are soluble have a shelf life. . It is in their best interest to release it quickly - plus stock is money! I'm not sure how everyone has thought the relationship is over between S2 and TO due to a discount. It's quite common. .... although in this instance I am incorrect. .:)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
TO apparently didn't know about the price slash...

I asked why it was on clearance on the image on facebook. I asked whether it was because they are rebranding or if they're leaving s2 and my comment was deleted! :/

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Tibby Olivier have apparently taken their products back in house so S2 no longer distributor partners x

We sent notice late last week to inform Tibby Olivier we were going to phase out the line. The good news is provides a great opportunity for professionals to take advantage of clearance prices.

HTHs :)

We sent notice late last week to inform Tibby Olivier we were going to phase out the line. The good news is provides a great opportunity for professionals to take advantage of clearance prices.

HTHs :)

After making such a big thing over the launch of the distribution is there any reason for this?

We had very high hopes for our partnership and invested quite substantially into making it a success. I won't go into the details, suffice to say that it turned out not to be a good fit for us.

We wish them success moving forward, it just won't be with us.

Latest posts

Back