Unusually unwell alot

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blinkingorgeous

Reaction score
Iv been lashing for a while now but recently Iv "stepped up" and become alot busier.

My question is, like receptionists in Doctors Surgeries becoming unwell, do any other therapists find they are catching all kinds of illnesses because they are working so close to so many different people?

As an Eyelash Tech Im virtually nose to nose (so to speak) with the client and of late Iv had cold after cold and now Iv got the most horrid stupid cough that just goes on and on and is worse at night :cry: I have just bought some of those nose/mouth mask things - but its a good job the client has their eyes shut as I have a miners lamp on my head and now a surgeons mask - scarey :lol:

So am I a wuss just needing to harden my imune system or is anyone else finding this!!!!!!

I'm a administrator during the day, and I do find that during winter/flu season when one of us has the cold, we all get it one by one.

I would think the mask would help even if you do look scary lol.

You could also try berroca, my mum swears by it, she has it in the morning with her breaky.

If you remember the advice given to us when swineflu was about the main thing was to wash our hands a lot and use anti bac gel.So try making sure you do both between clients.I think its true a lot of viruses are spread by touching our noses and eyes with virus covered hands

You know what I swear by and its going to sound a bit mad?

Cardio excercise !

When I do at least 3 hours spread over a week I find I am immune to everyones colds/flus and all of those weird hybrid viruses you can get.. I dont know how, its just one of those things :)

Yeah I make sure I wash my hands and use hand sanitiser, but also im no health freak but, I started taking the multi vitamins from the health shop every day and the tescos vitamin C and Zinc disolving cupsules that you put in water and have been much healthier ever since, maby have a trip to your nearest health food shop and stock up. I take them all the time, just too keep my general health etc going x

Yes!! When i worked on make up counters i was sick all the time,i would be doing up to 20 make ups a day and so many sick people would come in still wanting there make up done while coughing and sneezing yuk.
Everyone of us would be sick come winter and not just a day but really sick not matter what we did.
Its changed since i went into hairdressing.

Just look after yourself,mask is a good idea. x

Thanks everyone, I will be going to get some vits and start taking them, unfortunately Im allergic to exercise so I may have to leave that lol

Have been ill with one thing or another for the last month, cold, cough, bad back, now pulled a muscle in my neck urgh whine whine whine :lol::lol:

On the plus side I do give the clients a laugh as I now have my miners lamp attached to my head and a surgical mask over my mouth - scarey!!!!!! Fine if Iv only got one client, they have their eyes shut all the time but if they bring a sis or mum or friend - well, not a good look!!

Glad Im not the only one and not being a hypochondriac (if thats how you spell it!!)

There is 7 of us in the salon and between 3 of us we seem to just keep passing the cold betweeen us it's hard when your working with clients need to become immune to them 

Hi there,

eventually you will become ammune trust me. I have worked in a pharmacy for 25 years, you do build up a good ammune system

Its part of working with a lot of people in your working life, especially those that have kids. Parents and people that work with children seem to have such good immune systems. When I first started if I entered a house with a few kids for a treatment I was coming home with a cold or something. I have a fairly interesting immune system and so I seem to catch everything going.

Stock up on some vitamins in the meantime and the more you work with the public the better it will get. The time of year has a lot to do with it.

One thing I think important for salons and home salons is to get some of the aerosol santizers and sanitize the bathroom handles often as this is an easy way for clients to leave their germs for the next maybe without even noticing for example touching their fluey nose while coming out the bathroom and transferring the germs...and thats before the ones who dont wash :eek:

Latest posts

Back