'up to speed' with Bio sculpture

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purpleivy

Reaction score
how long, once I'm up to speed, rather than absolute expert, should it take to apply a set of Bio Sculpture overlays........ and sculptures?

My hubby is 'encouraging' me in my business plan and the length of time obviously comes in to it.

From what I have read here, the prepping is very important. It sounds like practically a full manicure minus nail polish! Is that right?

Can't wait for my kit to arrive!

Purpleivy

Hello,

I've trained with BioScupture and the indication for timemanagment I was told by my educator.
For example a french overlay with prep should take about 1 1/2 hours. Sculptured silktips about 2. And tips about the same.
I usually take a bit longer. Still a beginner. =) But I'm also a perfectionist and my clients don't mind the longer time they spent with me, 'cause they know I give them quality instead of quantity. Which means their nails also last longer.

Good luck with your start in the nail business!

I can do a full set of NNO, french or colour with Bio, in about 1 hr 15, with a full prep.

Sculptures about 1hr 45 mins to 2 hrs depending on the clients nails, and how easy it is to get the form fitted (and how much we talk!)

Its taken quite a while to get my time to this, and you will need to experiment with a few things, like finding the forms you work with best. I also flash cure each finger after application to lock the gel, and then full cure a whole hand at once.

You can telll I'm a newbie! NNO? Wassat?

Ivy

Natural Nail Overlay

NNO

HTH (hope that helps)

Hi

Thanks! I just came back to this thread to say that I had found the answer. NNO is what I have been having for ages.. Bio Sculpture too. I love them and that's why I'm going to train.

Ivy

Like Zingara, 1 hr 15 mins approx for NNOs and 2 hours for sculptures (full prep included).

Zingara said:
I can do a full set of NNO, french or colour with Bio, in about 1 hr 15, with a full prep.

Sculptures about 1hr 45 mins to 2 hrs depending on the clients nails, and how easy it is to get the form fitted (and how much we talk!)

Its taken quite a while to get my time to this, and you will need to experiment with a few things, like finding the forms you work with best. I also flash cure each finger after application to lock the gel, and then full cure a whole hand at once.

I thought you werent meant to flash cure Biosculpture. Apparently the gel stops curing once you take it out of the lamp. Its always full cure? 2 mins for all except S-gel which is 3 mins?

ADiva1 said:
I thought you werent meant to flash cure Biosculpture. Apparently the gel stops curing once you take it out of the lamp. Its always full cure? 2 mins for all except S-gel which is 3 mins?

I was actually trained to flash cure and lock the gel on the Bio Sculpture Nail Art course by a Bio trainer, to stop gels self levelling too much and therefore any patterns spoiling, so I have often done it and never found it to be a problem.

10 secs under the lamp and the gel just hardens enough to stop self levelling...but will still wipe away with Sanitiser, but a full 2 minutes and its fully cured, and only the inhibition layer is left for wiping, so not sure about it not curing any more - it certainly seems to, to me.

And the instruction leaflet I have for S-Gel says 4 minutes (a full double cure) not 3 - so who knows??? Anything is possible!! I'm just about to order the new technician manual, so it'll be interesting to see what that has to say!! I'll let you know!

purpleivy said:
how long, once I'm up to speed, rather than absolute expert, should it take to apply a set of Bio Sculpture overlays........ and sculptures?

My hubby is 'encouraging' me in my business plan and the length of time obviously comes in to it.

From what I have read here, the prepping is very important. It sounds like practically a full manicure minus nail polish! Is that right?

Can't wait for my kit to arrive!

Purpleivy

a natural nail overlay would take me ....45 mins tops

tips/sculpts...............with bio? i dont do.... but other brands (brisa etc)of gel about 1 hour 30 mins or 1 hour 45 mins.

amb x

Hi

A nno i allow an hour.

Tip/sculpts and hour and half to two hours.

As for prep that includes a full prep this is what i do:

use santising gel on clients hands
after consultation shape free edge and apply cuticle remover.
proceed with cuticle work then get my client to wash her hands with antibac.

white block, wipe with steriliser and apply gel.

HTH

I usually spend 10-15 mins on prep depending on what needs doing, longer if i have to, which is why i allow an hour. I find if i spend time preparing the nails i am happier with the finished result and so are my clients.

Little Angel said:
Hi

A nno i allow an hour.

Tip/sculpts and hour and half to two hours.

As for prep that includes a full prep this is what i do:

use santising gel on clients hands
after consultation shape free edge and apply cuticle remover.
proceed with cuticle work then get my client to wash her hands with antibac.

white block, wipe with steriliser and apply gel.

HTH

I usually spend 10-15 mins on prep depending on what needs doing, longer if i have to, which is why i allow an hour. I find if i spend time preparing the nails i am happier with the finished result and so are my clients.

Very true Tracy - espeically the prep bit. Massive difference, smooth, shiny and lovely....

Zingara said:
I was actually trained to flash cure and lock the gel on the Bio Sculpture Nail Art course by a Bio trainer, to stop gels self levelling too much and therefore any patterns spoiling, so I have often done it and never found it to be a problem.

10 secs under the lamp and the gel just hardens enough to stop self levelling...but will still wipe away with Sanitiser, but a full 2 minutes and its fully cured, and only the inhibition layer is left for wiping, so not sure about it not curing any more - it certainly seems to, to me.

And the instruction leaflet I have for S-Gel says 4 minutes (a full double cure) not 3 - so who knows??? Anything is possible!! I'm just about to order the new technician manual, so it'll be interesting to see what that has to say!! I'll let you know!

Ok, thanks!

When using bio does anyone get their clients to put one hand on top of the other when curing to speed up your time? Or would anyone not rocommend this?

sarahj said:
When using bio does anyone get their clients to put one hand on top of the other when curing to speed up your time? Or would anyone not rocommend this?

I have 2 lamps. I do two nails on one hand (to prevent too much shrinkage) then the other.... until all are done.

sarahj said:

I did try this to start with, but to be honest because I thought it didn't really come off as very professional looking.

Itend to just alternate now, - ie one hand in whilst I'm working on the other but like Andrea, I'm saving my pennies for a second lamp, more to stop them having to cross over hands and arms tho'!

Zingara said:
I did try this to start with, but to be honest because I thought it didn't really come off as very professional looking.

Itend to just alternate now, - ie one hand in whilst I'm working on the other but like Andrea, I'm saving my pennies for a second lamp, more to stop them having to cross over hands and arms tho'!

I tried the 'hand on top of each other' method at first and it drove me nuts. I forgot which nails I was working on etc so I go another lamp!

Latest posts

Back