Upset :( demanding client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fingertipsnails

Reaction score
Hey Geeks... i guess this is a little bit of a rant but im really upset and want to be sure im right?

ok, so a friends sister called to ask if i could do her aunts infills in hospital as she is sick and cannot leave, and she wanted these done tomorrow.

1, i work from home in a spare room as my salon, i do not drive

2, im fully booked a week in advance

3, i do not know what product she has on

4, do hospitals let us in? (dust, harmful chemicals)

I explaind these points and more on the phone call, the next day i go on facebook to see i have been abused and slandered as a heartless asshole, a selfish bitch and apparently i look after number one only!

i dont understand how i can do this!! i dont drive! i cant do it tomorrow! arghhh! please someone help? :cry:

Honestly SHE is the one out of line. I mean, you don't drive.. and you are booked. She just sounds like a jerk.

Sent from my MID using SalonGeek

Sounds like to me she is the selfish one. Did she offer to come get you? Let alone that you are booked up. I believe you can report her to FB for sladering you. Don't lose any sleep over it. She isn't worth it.

Not sure a hospital will let you do nail enhancements in a hospital. Especially l/p because of the odor. Might call the hospital and ask them and respond to her comments on FB if the hospital won't.

Thank you! Im just upset at the things she is saying! I also thought, how will the lady sit up at a table if she cannot leave? And the lighting is poor... I dont have a mobile table or anything! If she carries on i will call the hospital... I said that and her response was "wtf! Ffs shes ill the hospital dont care) weather she asked or bot im not sure

Awww, some people can be really mean when they don't get their own way!
I would probs call the hospital, ask to speak to Sister in charge of the ward..if indeed they will tell you where she is..just to set your mind at ease, then depending on the reply, would paste on fb that you appreciate her aunt's problems BUT..
-does she expect you to cancel all your clients JUST for her? Would she like it if she was booked in and got cancelled?
- will she give you a lift as she knows you dont drive, or will she pay the taxi fare on top of the service charge?
IF you have a cancellation you could consider (if allowed) going to do them , but if she's in hospital then why the tearing hurry to get her nails done right away? Nobody expects you to look a glamourpuss when you're not well!
Final point, you don't know (as previously said) what she's actually got on her nails...could take quite a while to get it off..filing enhancements off would be a health and safety issue with the dust in the air..they're even fussy about the type of floral displays you bring patients in our hospital! Hospital might let you re-do polish, but a set of enhancements..highly unlikely..!Make sure you tell them exactly what you might have to do, so basically they say no..make sure you take the person's name, too, so you can tell this to your friend's sister..
And well done for being a good tech with a full appointment book..x.Probably why she thought of you in the first place!! lol

Thank you so much tiggerlady!! Your points are great and great suggestions, she has also now slandered me for justifying myself so now i dont even want to talk about it to her as all i will get is abuse! :( some people!!

Ignore it love. She's obviously at the lower end of the food chain so to speak xxx

One of my regular mani & pedi clients was in hospital for 6 weeks. The sister in the ward said it was ok to go in & do the treatments but u wasn't allowed to use nail varnish
1 due to the fumes &
2 no products on nails I'm case of emergency & needing an op.

I honestly can't see enhancement products being allowed in the ward

Thank you again guys... I thought this too Lucy! There are hygiene standards a hospital has to follow in regards to dust too! And i couldnt do them at her bedside? I have no mobile table... Hmmm!

I did a spray tan, full set of acrylics and some party lashes for one client in hospital last year.

The girl was on the children's ward - she was 15/16 going to her school prom. I think, in general they don't allow it but under special circumstances they make exceptions.

OP, report to Facebook or ignore her, seriously, what the hell did she expect - like you're gonna cancel a day's work for her! :rolleyes:

That is awful! I would report her to Facebook and also tell your sister what's happened, she may be able to have a word with her.
Rhiannon x

What a horrid peice of flesh! I'd block her on facebook.

Hospital Will not let you in to do enhancements. They wont even let you wear polish becasue they need to see your nail beds for monitoring.
All you will be allowed is a basic file, cuticle and buff.

Hospitals barely let flowers in, let alone chemicals for which even THEY have stringent rules for. You cannot even use plugs (not even mobile phone chargers!) without the hospitals own Pat Testing, regardless of you have it on your equipment already.
(I know all this from many years working for the NHS and a patient many many times and visitng friends and relatives)

And least of you, YOU ARE NOT A MOBILE TECH, How on earth does she expect you to go anywhere and do anything???
Does the hosital not have a tech they recommend? Ive never been to a hositpal that does not have a Specified Hairdresser.

Dont let it play on you, you have been totally honest, what more can you do. You're obviously very good at what you do otherwise you wouldnt be so booked up. Keep your chin up xx

wow thats awful, hope you are okay. You did the right thing by explaining everything to her, she had no right to abuse you on Facebook but i have to say Facebook is a harsh world and you really should just ignore what she has said. If you are booked up more than a week in advance you are obviously very good at what you do. Don't let this knock you :) Chin up. xx

i agree with all of the above, but what i don't understand is if she's in hospital ''really ill'' then surely she's not going anywhere any time soon? so why the rush to have it done the next day... lol. i would either report her to facebook or your insurance company, its slander. you don't need to deal with trash like that. chin up :D x

Thank you so much everyone... So happy i have salon geek to post on! This would of been playing my mind if not! Thank you again x

i have a client who is a materain at a local hospital and she says you wouldnt be allowed to do them any way so dont feel bad
ithink some times people have a perseption that if you work from home you can just drop everything at a drop of a hat .
as for facebook report , unfriend and forget :lick:
remember what she gives out will come back toher negativity breeds negativity
move on :Kissing:

One of my regular mani & pedi clients was in hospital for 6 weeks. The sister in the ward said it was ok to go in & do the treatments but u wasn't allowed to use nail varnish
1 due to the fumes &
2 no products on nails I'm case of emergency & needing an op.

I honestly can't see enhancement products being allowed in the ward

I actually have clients book in to have their product removed before going into hospital as you rightfully say product on the nail is not allowed so they can use the ons machine so she shouldn't be having them done anyway!
I have always had to remove all product before going into hospital myself too.
I can't say of have been as polite as u so well done :)

Wow facebook really does bring out the best in people doesn't it!

FACEBOOK is the route of all evil :sad: xx

Oh hun how horrible Facebook can be a fabulous form of advertisement but it certainly brings out the cranks and old school bullies! Not much more to add than has already been said other than i think your insurance would have a problem with you being there too. Forgetting hospitals and insurance no one has the right to demand you do someones nails mobile when you have a static location, I'm sure she doesn't ask new look to visit her friend with an array of clothes cos she can't get there!

You know yourself you have been nothing but professional and i understand you feel upset especially as her accusations are totally untrue and wrong, but people like this are not worth it. I have Facebook and you always get the drama queen status' and most people reading them know that they are drama queens too. Let it roll off your back hun and laugh, i mean really what a crank! God help the nail tech who takes them on aye!

Hugs to you hun x x x

Latest posts

Back