Urgent support & advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlamourEyes11

Reaction score
Hi all Geeks

Just looking for a little support or comfort I guess, followed by some advice ...

Myself and my fiancé live 300 miles apart :-( to cut a long story short, he has had 2 TIA's in the past (mini strokes) so of course he is always very anxious when not well!

Well this morning he called me to say good morning and he was in work however, he wasn't feeling right, his left arm had gone numb and wasn't able to grip things without dropping them! Instant alarms bells went off and I told him to go to the hospital Immediately. Of course this could be something simple as... Trapped nerve or done something whilst sleeping, however, I feel better to be safe than sorry! He was also slightly confused (however, I'm not sure if this was due to this or if this was due to being stressed, flapping and not concentrating)
Anyway he's in the hospital now and has been for the last 1hr 20mins and I haven't heard anything! Times like this are so hard, I just want to be there for him and support him. Makes me so upset!

So basically, just looking for some support and also, if anyone has any advice on best treatments to improve circulation, he's on various medication, but just wondered if there's any particular treatments I can do to aid circulation and how often should I do it for him

Thanks for reading :-(

I can't help with any advice I'm afraid but wanted to say you poor thing. I hope you get good news soon.xxxx

Aw how awful for you, I'm not an expert but if he's confused as well as having numbness this may be due to the effects of his previous problems. My brother has had problems with his nerves and needed a small op on his arm to deal with it and my mum has little use of her left side after a haemorrhage. I guess you need to liaise with a physiotherapist to see what is best for him, in the meantime maybe get him those little rubber balls he can squeeze as they are easy to use and store. I am sure once he's had a full consultation you will know a bit more how to best help him,, but do push for any extra help you can get. Hope it all goes ok x

Hope all ok lovely, xx

I hope all is ok? It sounds like you're doing a great job already. Find out from his doctor what he should be doing - diet & exercise etc.

Don't forget to take care of yourself too.

Thanks all - just phoned the hospital and they couldn't tell me anything as he was being seen by doctor, asked me to call back in an hour :-( I hate this waiting game!

Thanks for the advice, just needed to speak/write my feelings really, it's not always easy being "the strong one!"

XxX

Aw take care Hun. Hope you hear something soon. He is in the best place x x

Poor you, i know what its like to be in a long distance relationship its realy hard, i did it for almost 2 years just keep thinking it wont be forever, and one day you will have him all to yourself!
I really hope he is okay, as others have said he is in the best possible place! xxx

I really hope all goes well.
You did exactly the right thing. XXXX

aww hope everything is o.k. x

Hope everything is ok, it's do scary not knowing what's going on. Hugs xx

Stay strong and think positive. I really hope it all goes well.

hope all is well.

Thanks everyone for your lovely messages! It's much appreciated and needed!
I've spoke to him, he has been admitted to the stroke ward and is awaiting on the 'Stroke Team' to assess him :-( seems ok in himself though! But we're not convinced it was a Tia, as his hand has gone purple (still numb) and has bruise like marks up his arm!

I've told my work (my office job) I am going to leave at lunch time and go up and travel 300 miles to see him, just to give him a cuddle :-( even if he is fine, he will still need that cuddle we all need sometimes and just that thought of someone being there for you always helps!
My clients have been very understanding and I've explained I don't want to let them down so will do the This afternoon if they can all be flexible with times

Xxx

I hope he is ok! So scary to play the waiting game in situations like this hope he is fine x

Just an update.... On my train journey now (seems like the longest journey EVER!!!) we've had confirmation he has had a stroke!!!!
I'm absolutely devastated! Words can't describe how I feel right now!

If there is ANYONE out there with ANY advice about any holistic/natural remedies we could try to prevent this happening AGAIN for a 4th time, please get in touch! I am in dispare right now!!!
Thank you for all your lovely comments, thoughts and wishes though, really appreciated xxx

Oh glamour that's terrible!!! Bless him.

Hope he gets well soon, big big hugs xxxxxxxx

Thank you hun xxx

Wishing him a speedy recovery. :hug:

Latest posts

Back