Urgent support & advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least he is in the best place at the moment. Get well soon.

At least he is in the best place at the moment. Get well soon.

You would think so, but they have been useless! They missed their 12 hour window to diagnose and he now may have permenant damage :-(

You would think so, but they have been useless! They missed their 12 hour window to diagnose and he now may have permenant damage :-(

Aw I'm so sorry, I don't know of anything that can't prevent it, you do need to be pushy now for after care or he could be limited in his recovery, my mum told her doc she had a bleed as she felt it go pop and was in alot of pain and they fobbed her off and said it was neuralgia, she collapsed a week later and went to a and e, they wanted to send her home with paracetamol!luckily my dad insisted she stay in and she had another one in hospital so they are able to operate straight away, she has limited movement and has never fully recovered, my only advice is PUSH for aftercare treatment , sorry I can't be any more help but try to stay patient with him and support him (it will test your relationship but you can get through this with help)

Oh Glamour, I'm so sorry to hear that. Hope all goes well and he gets better soon. Will be thinking of you both.:hug:

Just wanted to send hugs & love x

Thank you so much everyone! I have been overwhelmed by messages from family, friends and fellow geeks today! I've just got home from
Hospital. He seems ok in himself. Was able to give him a cuddle and even a little kiss :) was hard leaving him to come back to his house though :-( will try and get back as early as poss in the morning! He wants me to be there when the docs come round (as he knows I will ask all the questions! Lol) so will have to try and get them to tell me what time I can go in! I've arranged to get put in his car insurance too so I don't have to rely on public transport! Drove home tonight in the pitch black... That was an experience! Lol! Never driven up here, even though we've been together 6 years! Lol.
Will have to stock up on food to take him tomorrow, as he doesn't like hospital food! (does anyone?!) lol
Anyway, there's a lot of pointless information there for you, I am just rabbiting on! I just basically wanted to say thanks for all the much needed support and give you all An update :) xxxx

Sweetheart ,, just to let you know I'm thing of you both

Take Care

Carol xxx

Well an update.... Won't be going to Grand national tomorrow (doesn't bother me, he is my main concern) he is VERY peed off! Lol!
He won't be out of hospital until next week! His stroke was caused by a blood clot on the brain which they think was caused by a blood clot on the heart that has travelled to the brain and caused the stroke!!! :-(
So he has to see a cardiologist on Monday and then take it from there... Lots of test ahead!
I have been at the hospital all day today, not allowed in when docs are doing their rounds, which is a pain in the bum cos then he doesn't remember anything they tell him and he doesn't ask any questions!!!
Back there again tomorrow morning and we will watch the gran national on the tv on the ward in the afternoon lol! The heart monitor he has on will go through the roof when the national is on! Haha

Thanks again everyone :) xx

I am so sorry to hear that. Hospitals can be frustrating and i'm sure they're doing their best, but keep on them. Explain he is having trouble remembering what he is being told so you want to be there and hopefully they'll understand.

Where does your bf live?

Big hugs hunny, thank goodness you told him to go straight away xx

Hope he gets better soon, big hugs xxx

So sorry to hear this hun, it must be so hard for you and your fiancé :( Hope you are getting the best care possible. Can't think of any advice to offer re holistic other than maybe look at some healthy heart/diet cook books to try and help prevent clots? Sorry, I don't really know enough about strokes and am a bit ignorant but my first point of call holistically/naturally would be diet. Xxx

I am so sorry to hear that. Hospitals can be frustrating and i'm sure they're doing their best, but keep on them. Explain he is having trouble remembering what he is being told so you want to be there and hopefully they'll understand.

Where does your bf live?

Big hugs hunny, thank goodness you told him to go straight away xx

I have already told them that but still no good :-( they say it's because of patient confidentiality (other patients on ward!) and none of the nurses knew the answers to the questions I had! Will try and get more info tomorrow as they are all very busy as the other patients are very demanding, as you can imagine on a stroke ward!!!

He is surrounded by people in their 70s and 80s that have had major stroke all causing physical disabilities so it's not a nice atmosphere in there for him :-( the nurses have been good letting me stay all day though as I explained I live 300 miles away and want to spend as much time as possible with him as I'm only here for a couple of days!?! :-(

He lives in Chester hun.

XxXxX

So sorry to hear this hun, it must be so hard for you and your fiancé :( Hope you are getting the best care possible. Can't think of any advice to offer re holistic other than maybe look at some healthy heart/diet cook books to try and help prevent clots? Sorry, I don't really know enough about strokes and am a bit ignorant but my first point of call holistically/naturally would be diet. Xxx

We did alter his diet last time he had one (just under 5 years ago) however, maybe I didn't do enough research. I will do it again and maybe pay for a dietitian too!!!! Thank you hunni xxx

First of big cyber :hug::hug:
I don't know a lot about strokes but I do know about compromised circulatory system, I also know about blood clots.
My hubby has a mutant factor Z gene. This means that his blood clots to quickly. It's genetic, it's hereditary and while it's a good thing if he cuts himself, it's a bad thing if he has to have an operation as the chances of him developing a clot are a lot higher than normal.
Things that help to prevent clots and help his circulatory system are, any aerobic exercise, cycling, swimming, walking etc and a full body massage, my oh is lucky I have learned how to do this so he gets 2 a week.
I did check with my doctor first because my tutor said it's contra indicated for diabetics (yep he has that too) My doctor said he can't see any reason why a diabetic shouldn't have a massage and plenty of reasons why they should, it lowers blood pressure and encourages lymphatic drainage, all of which means that someone with a compromised circulatory system, has a build up of toxins in the blood, when they have a massage the lymphatic system works more efficiently to remove those toxins, coupled with aerobic exercise at least twice a week, the risk of further clots is lowered by nearly 50%, assuming that the person is not daft enough to still be a smoker.
Re the doctors, if you oh tells the doctors they can talk to you, then you can arrange to have a chat with them when they finish their hospital rounds.
Good luck to both of you :hug:

First of big cyber :hug::hug:
I don't know a lot about strokes but I do know about compromised circulatory system, I also know about blood clots.
My hubby has a mutant factor Z gene. This means that his blood clots to quickly. It's genetic, it's hereditary and while it's a good thing if he cuts himself, it's a bad thing if he has to have an operation as the chances of him developing a clot are a lot higher than normal.
Things that help to prevent clots and help his circulatory system are, any aerobic exercise, cycling, swimming, walking etc and a full body massage, my oh is lucky I have learned how to do this so he gets 2 a week.
I did check with my doctor first because my tutor said it's contra indicated for diabetics (yep he has that too) My doctor said he can't see any reason why a diabetic shouldn't have a massage and plenty of reasons why they should, it lowers blood pressure and encourages lymphatic drainage, all of which means that someone with a compromised circulatory system, has a build up of toxins in the blood, when they have a massage the lymphatic system works more efficiently to remove those toxins, coupled with aerobic exercise at least twice a week, the risk of further clots is lowered by nearly 50%, assuming that the person is not daft enough to still be a smoker.
Re the doctors, if you oh tells the doctors they can talk to you, then you can arrange to have a chat with them when they finish their hospital rounds.
Good luck to both of you :hug:

Thank you so much susie! Was talking to him today actually saying I think we should ask docs if massage is ok and I will give him one (a massage) every time I see him and those weeks I don't see him, there's a lively salon near by he could go to. Are there any moves in particular you focus on? Eg. Effleurage?
I am waiting to find out if the clot has dispersed yet so I know what the earliest I can massage him!? I was wondering if I could massage him while he is in hospital, maybe Sunday afternoon. Will try and get to speak to a doc tomorrow. Thank you for some great info! XxX

You sound like your doing a great job and being strong, so great to offload on here as you need people to be strong for you hun :hug: hope he is ok im thinking of you both xxx

Hi, just wanted to add my best wishes to you and your loved one. Hope all is well and you are in my thoughts, x

Thank you so much everyone, coming home to read the lovely comments / wishes on here in the evenings has been lovely!

Well hopefully today we will find out some news, seeing as the lazy ar$e doctors don't work at the weekend, so he has been stuck in there knowing nothing!!! (before anyone jumps on me, I'm only joking about them being lazy ar$es, I just don't think weekends should exist in a hospital!!! Someone can't put their illness on hold cos it's a bloody weekend! I just believe there should be A doctor on duty at all times and I believe the tests should still continue, not come to a stand still!) ideally, if you get ill, make sure it's a Tuesday! Lol

Thanks everyone, will keep you posted x

thanks for keeping us updated, you sound like a lovely, supportive girlfriend and your bf is lucky to have you looking after him :) xxx

Latest posts

Back