Useless owner, what do I do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lady R

Reaction score
Hi all

Don't quit know what to do here but hope some one might give me some advice. I currently rent a room in a sunbed shop. I work nights and weekends and pay rent per customer, which is good.

I have decorated and kitted out the room myself, however the owner, who si nice but completely dumb would do spray tans in there. As she had no tent I would cover my stuff with sheets when I knew she had one booked in but if they fell off she just carried on getting spray tan all over my stuff and didn't even bother to cover up when I didn't know there was a tan booked in!

I politely informed her my stuff had to be kept sterile and she must order a tent to tan in, Eventually she did but not before covering a freshly painted wall with spray tan, not cleaned it off so I came in with a client due in and had to clean it myself!!! Not happy!!!!

She is now decorating the rest of the place but every time I go in she has all her rubbish in bags in my room, her painting stuff, she has spilt paint on my black desk wiped it but not properly so it now has white paint smears on it, taken my leather chair out to her desk - because its comfier than hers - and got paint on that!

And to top it all said yesterday " I think you better get a new desk that one looks shabby and I don't want it reflecting on my business!!!!!"

She keeps coming in when I am with clients, but i have told her she must not under any circumstances come in when waxing - which she abides by, but boy its irritating!

She helps herself to my couch roll, even though each sunbed room has its own blue roll in it to clean with, so when I come in there is nothing to put on my couch!

And to top it all during the cold spell she announced that as her electricity bill was so high I couldn't put the heater on in my room - she took it out - to the extent the temp fell so much the acrylic nails crystallized and had to be re - done another day (at the clints home). She now lets me have the heater on but moans!

She is nice as I say but completly dense (for example she put her finger in my hot wax pot up to her knuckle then wiped it on her arm and asked how was I going to get that off... oh and hadn't heard of wedding fayres so when I explained she said "oh thats silly that just wouldn't work, I wouldn't do that if I was you"....the mind boggles....)

So, after waffling (ok venting angrily a bit) WHAT THE HECK DO I DO?

Help please.....:grr:

lol!!! oh my!!! How the hell did she manage to not kill herself up to now let alone run a business!!

Sorry to laugh!! But I would have slapped her by now!

I had a problem with a landlord over my heater, but compared to her sunbeds probably only costs her 1p an hour!!

Write down a list of problems and ask if you can sit down and have a chat(having her walk in during treatments is beyond acceptable!).

Start by asking her how happy she is with you. You will find out by her body language, be blunt, ask her if she wants you to leave. Takes balls to ask this in case it backfires, but can she afford to not have you in the room.

Then give her a list of your concerns and see if you can come up with a mutual agreement. If shes being weird with you then perhaps you should start to look for another room, theres plenty of salons at the minute that have spare rooms!

I doubt she will change if she is as dippy as she sounds but you can but try!

When you leave dont pay her her comission and give her an invoice for damaged goods!

Kate

Leave.
No, seriously. She sounds like way too much hard work. And dim people can actually be very dangerous as there is no arguing with them.
I'd find somewhere else to rent if it were me.

Leave.
No, seriously. She sounds like way too much hard work. And dim people can actually be very dangerous as there is no arguing with them.
I'd find somewhere else to rent if it were me.

I would find somewhere else to rent and charge her for the desk to be cleaned. What a nightmare

thanks guys you all made me giggle!

She is barking mad it has to be said, but she is paranoid about me leaving, she's desperate for me to stay - which is nice - but as she's a complete loon it does make life hard work!

She's one of those - I've always done this so always will - kinda person (ie always put her rubbish bags in that room and even though I'm there she always will continue to put them in there....) its not nasty again just because she lives in her own world....

And Kitty you are sooo right, how she hasn't blown herself up yet is also beyond me...lol :lol:

Thanks again for the advice - and helpin g me to see the funny side again! :)

good heavens, thats intollerable.
how do you put up with it.

let us know how this all works out, i have the feeling she is totally oblivious to all the irritating things she has done.

Hi all

Don't quit know what to do here but hope some one might give me some advice. I currently rent a room in a sunbed shop. I work nights and weekends and pay rent per customer, which is good.

I have decorated and kitted out the room myself, however the owner, who si nice but completely dumb would do spray tans in there. As she had no tent I would cover my stuff with sheets when I knew she had one booked in but if they fell off she just carried on getting spray tan all over my stuff and didn't even bother to cover up when I didn't know there was a tan booked in!

I politely informed her my stuff had to be kept sterile and she must order a tent to tan in, Eventually she did but not before covering a freshly painted wall with spray tan, not cleaned it off so I came in with a client due in and had to clean it myself!!! Not happy!!!!

She is now decorating the rest of the place but every time I go in she has all her rubbish in bags in my room, her painting stuff, she has spilt paint on my black desk wiped it but not properly so it now has white paint smears on it, taken my leather chair out to her desk - because its comfier than hers - and got paint on that!

And to top it all said yesterday " I think you better get a new desk that one looks shabby and I don't want it reflecting on my business!!!!!"

She keeps coming in when I am with clients, but i have told her she must not under any circumstances come in when waxing - which she abides by, but boy its irritating!

She helps herself to my couch roll, even though each sunbed room has its own blue roll in it to clean with, so when I come in there is nothing to put on my couch!

And to top it all during the cold spell she announced that as her electricity bill was so high I couldn't put the heater on in my room - she took it out - to the extent the temp fell so much the acrylic nails crystallized and had to be re - done another day (at the clints home). She now lets me have the heater on but moans!

She is nice as I say but completly dense (for example she put her finger in my hot wax pot up to her knuckle then wiped it on her arm and asked how was I going to get that off... oh and hadn't heard of wedding fayres so when I explained she said "oh thats silly that just wouldn't work, I wouldn't do that if I was you"....the mind boggles....)

So, after waffling (ok venting angrily a bit) WHAT THE HECK DO I DO?

Help please.....:grr:

Hi

Is there any way you can put a lock on your door and keep her out when you're not there?

It would certainly stop damages, stealing supplies and nicking heaters!:)

Either get a lock on the door or leave.
She's taking the unowot x

Time to move on. What a shabby way to treat you!

What a nightmare!! I know you can see the funny side but what she is doing is WRONG!! I would take Kates advice and write down your list of niggles and have a chat with her...if she is desperate to keep you then I would think she'd comply with your requests (and lets be honest, your requests aren't anything extravagant....you just want to run your business your way!) :hug:

Ok, so you have told us the negatives and I can maybe (slightly) understand people suggesting you leave:eek: :confused:

Surely though, there must be another side to this story (isn't there always:)) howzabout telling us the positives too?

Good on you for having a moan, that's what this site is all about - sharing!!!

It would be easier to offer advice if we had both sides of your situation:)

What a complete twit!!
I would have packed my stuff and moved out!!
How has she managed to run a business I will never know.

Hope you find somewhere else quickly

Good Luck

Latest posts

Back