Using both Sienna X and Tantrick

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After the first week of using Sienna at college I can honestly say I have never heard of so many people complaining of itchy skin

Can all of you Sienna users shed any light on this?? Have you ever had ANY clients have this effect??? :eek:

After the first week of using Sienna at college I can honestly say I have never heard of so many people complaining of itchy skin lol, you'd think we all had cooties [/quote]

Can all of you Sienna users shed any light on this?? Have you ever had ANY clients have this effect??? :eek:

I have tried sienna in the past and both my models complained of itchy skin, and it wore off in patches rather than evenly hth

Well, the Sienna solution that I use doesn't smell of coconuts (it smells very pleasantly of Watermelon...rather similar to EOS in fact) and has never caused a client to have itchy skin at all. :confused:

In fact I really only started to stock it as holiday-makers in my area were coming down from Manchester & Cheshire and asking for it by name. I can't actually afford not to now! But I have to say I've been very impressed by it and I'm notoriously hard to please.

For me the Tantrick guide colour has the edge (but only because I personally prefer a very light guide colour and Sienna is somewhat heavier)

Using both Sienna and Tantrickalongside one another would seem to work for me....they both have different results on the skin and both a good solutions.

Only I wouldn't store them in the same room.....as a fight always seems to break out! :lol:

I think there is mixed comments didnt want it to come across as a competion cause i really like tantrick but was just interested in sienna x. i think the two could work well together. Going to try my new bottles of sienna x soon. Thanks geeks:hug:

Only I wouldn't store them in the same room.....as a fight always seems to break out! :lol:

That has realy cheered me up tonight and definatley a rep point on its way :lol::lol::lol:

Strange isn't it how things may seem to be on the surface but don't necessarily represent the true position...well not with the two owners of the two companies concerned that is as there exists a very strong and close working relationship and one of full co operation between the two:hug:

Thats good to hear. There is room for loads of company's out there. Thanks for the friendship request. Did you get my pm back.:)

i found that with the sienna Q10 solution i itched a litte bit (if i remember rightly!!!) but this also happened with Essence of summer the last few times i had used it. with sienna original solution my skin is really moisturised. i never look after my tan afterwards, i occasionally moisturise, but not often, bad of me i know lol. ive had no clients say they ithced or patched, and i ALWAYS ask them afterwards how thei tan was because if even the tiniest thing is wrong with it, i want to know!!

Hi Kate
could you tell me which colours are q10. I ordered 8.5,10,12.5.

8.5 and 12.5 are Q10

This is not the retail range for Tantrick tans, they have not been released yet but we will not have long to wait hth

Isnt Tan & Go a WOW product they used to sell it? And the items on here are identical to EOS retail self tan sprays!!

Thats good to hear. There is room for loads of company's out there.

There is indeed :hug:.

In fact the spray tan sector at the ownership level is probably the most friendliest of all the different disciplines within the beauty industry which involves much communication between the different business.

It is unfortunately a small minority of couch potatoes that simply have nothing better to do other than to unnecessarily stir things up for personal gain , gratification or simply to "large themselves up" that does tend to cause problems for everyone.

It is a healthy thing that manufacturers do communicate and share knowledge and in so doing enable the ever onward development of this sector .

Likewise it is a healthy thing that therapists try out as many brands as is possible whilst either setting out in the industry or latterly through new brands becoming available.

There is absolutely no reason why therapists shouldn't carry/offer more than one brand to their customers and in so doing offer the very best of selection and quality of service to their customers :hug:

Last edited:
I havent had any problems with itchy clients using Sienna and the wear off is good in my opinion. The only time I did have a client complain that they were itchy was when I used a 12% Tantrick solution - she was very olivey skinned so could definately take it - wonder if its the higher DHA in the darker solution that causes the itchiness in some of your clients? and if they cant take the higher level of DHA on their skin that would also account for patchy fading - just a thought! :idea:

I havent had any problems with itchy clients using Sienna and the wear off is good in my opinion. The only time I did have a client complain that they were itchy was when I used a 12% Tantrick solution - she was very olivey skinned so could definately take it - wonder if its the higher DHA in the darker solution that causes the itchiness in some of your clients? and if they cant take the higher level of DHA on their skin that would also account for patchy fading - just a thought! :idea:

The main reaction to a to high a dosage to DHA is DHA overload resulting in an orange appearance to the skin tone .

Itchiness is ,generally speaking, associated with poor skin condition.,as most spray tan solutions contain aloe Vera (in different dosages of course)this condition is not specifically related to any brands specific.

Patchy fading again is relevant to either poor skin condition or to much initial colour guide or poor application therefore effecting skin penetration of the DHA on application.

in other words,generally speaking, it doesnt matter what DHA % is applied...itchyness will result from poor skin preparation of the spray tan application itself,application and post tan care ...no matter what brand is used.
HTH

No defo not i have been using siennx since april and not 1 client has complained about being itchy

I do use two solutions for my clients, Tantrick and Liquid Sun and both are exceptional products.

I never practice what I preach (naughty I know) but I very rarely look after my spray tan the way I should because I am a lazy so and so. Having said that I have never had a problem with either Tantrick or Liquid Sun fading patchy, nor have I ever had any itching problems and I usually on ever have a 12% tan.

I have tried Sienna X along with many many other solutions but I did find the Sienna X made me itchy and faded badly.

tHANKS APPRECIATE ALL THE COMMENTS FROM EVERY WEEK. I HAVE PURCHASED SOME SIENNA X SO I WILL WAIT AND SEE HOW IT GOES BUT I WILL BE REMAINING FAITH TO TANTRICK AS I HAD NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH SOLUTION COULD FAULT IT.:hug:

[FONT=&quot]yes I know someone who itches with a very well know tan, but she is the same with all tans that contain DHA, I would always suggest a skin patch test behind knee or inside elbow.:)[/FONT]

Latest posts

Back