Using hot wax for a leg wax, Lycon or Harley?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurakate

Reaction score
I am looking at taking on lycon wax. I love that they say you can go over an area up to 5/6 times without it being a worry and seeing that I want to get some new wax anyway I think I would really benefit from the lycon training. I know there are some fantastic wax trainers out there but I really want to go with lycon because it sounds fantastic.

Is it really possible to use hot wax for absolutely every area of the body including the legs? I understand that it may be more costly than strip waxing but I'm just not enjoying strip waxing at all. Also, I only have on wax pot and if I could just stick to that with say lycon or harley chocolate wax then that would be fantasticly convenient. Is that possible? I hope so because this is perhaps the difference between going with lycon or not. If I can use lovely lovely hot wax for legs I'll book my training tomorrow :)

Also, is harley wax lycon under a different name or is it a cheaper and very similar copy?

Hope you can help :)

You can definitely use lycon hot wax for legs, but your costs will be very high!!

To give you an idea, strip wax boutique (the salon chain owned by the lycon UK distributor) charge £25 with strip wax for a half leg, and £40 with hot wax.

I do have 1 client that has eczema on her legs and I use hot wax on her for a 1/2 leg, but I charge a £10 supplement on my standard 1/2 leg cost.

It's not particularly cost effective, but its definitely possible.

I am looking at taking on lycon wax. I love that they say you can go over an area up to 5/6 times without it being a worry and seeing that I want to get some new wax anyway I think I would really benefit from the lycon training. I know there are some fantastic wax trainers out there but I really want to go with lycon because it sounds fantastic.

Is it really possible to use hot wax for absolutely every area of the body including the legs? I understand that it may be more costly than strip waxing but I'm just not enjoying strip waxing at all. Also, I only have on wax pot and if I could just stick to that with say lycon or harley chocolate wax then that would be fantasticly convenient. Is that possible? I hope so because this is perhaps the difference between going with lycon or not. If I can use lovely lovely hot wax for legs I'll book my training tomorrow :)

Also, is harley wax lycon under a different name or is it a cheaper and very similar copy?

Hope you can help :)

What do you not like about strip waxing?

Michelle x

What do you not like about strip waxing?

Michelle x

Messy, sticky, time consuming, getting through lots of strips, no scope to go over an area again.

The above could probably/hopefully be rectified with further training and practice and it is something I need to work on but in terms of self employment I'm just feeling hot wax that bit more in terms of being able to give a comfortable and effective treatment.

Messy, sticky, time consuming, getting through lots of strips, no scope to go over an area again.

All of the above can be rectified with training, I am not sure about all waxes but certainly with most you can go over the area more than once though granted not advisable to do it more than twice. However as long as hairs are a good length 1/2 is more than enough and any missed hairs an be tweezed.

You will get quicker with time and practice. I remember when I first started waxing with strips, my couch roll was covered with spilt wax! Now I never drop or spill any, its all about working with your choice of wax and getting to know the consistency and the temp it works well at. Stick at it, you will improve I promise xxx

You can definitely use lycon hot wax for legs, but your costs will be very high!!

To give you an idea, strip wax boutique (the salon chain owned by the lycon UK distributor) charge £25 with strip wax for a half leg, and £40 with hot wax.

I do have 1 client that has eczema on her legs and I use hot wax on her for a 1/2 leg, but I charge a £10 supplement on my standard 1/2 leg cost.

It's not particularly cost effective, but its definitely possible.

Does this mean that in theory you can use any brand of hot wax for legs? (Im thinking that harley is technically similar to lycon but a bit less expensive).

I do feel that you would benefit from further training in strip wax my darling as you shouldn't be finding it messy and time consuming. With the more modern waxes you can go over an area more than once but I cannot understand why you would ever need to go over an area 5/6 times:eek:

The cost of using hot wax on larger areas is very restrictive and you would have to pass the cost of this on to clients with no real benefit to them. Also you must take the cost of both the wax and the extra time needed for hot waxing, even if you laid down several strips at a time you have to have a really good system to make sure you don't miss a bit.

The cost of strips is negligible really and I think you, maybe, are just not confident with strip wax. There should be an educator up in your area that could do a one to one troubleshooting session with you to build your confidence a bit more. :wink2:

Does this mean that in theory you can use any brand of hot wax for legs? (Im thinking that harley is technically similar to lycon but a bit less expensive).

In theory, yes, you can hot wax anything.

I use lycon lycojet wax which can be applied thinner, and much more suited to larger areas than the other hot waxes.

Just be sure if hot waxing with Harley wax, you say it's Harley, not lycon 😜

I think you ought to try a good quality cream wax.They are less likely to stick to the skin because they have titanium dioxide in them and you will find that you can go over the same areas more than once.
I would imagine Lycon do one if that's who you want to use.

I wouldnt use anything other than lycon now i absolutely love it! There training is amazing. You can use lycojet hot wax on legs as you can apply it larger and thinner. Lycon also do a warm wax which contains the same resin thats in there hot wax. Its very strong and is designed to not leave a sticky residue on the skin. Also if applied with there metal spatular is goes on extremely thin there fore very little wax used and hardly any strips. I love all their waxes as they all have there special uses and reasons for use. Love it would t use anything else now!

Latest posts

Back