Valentine's and mistresses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone do a package that would be a bit too expensive for most aimed at people's mistress?
I know its wrong and they shouldn't be having an affair, but hey, some treat their secret like a princess and spend more on them than their wife. Have any of you tailored a package to someone with a wife to give their girlfriend? And would it work? Xoxo

You are joking aren't you?

You are joking aren't you?

Reading the whole thread reveals Tomme's thought process behind this 'pie in the sky, not a serious proposal idea'.

lols its good for us to discuss stuff like this and look at new approaches

although i agree that it wouldnt be wise to alienate our female customer base and working in a traditional community like mine it would be foolish to purposefully market to cheaters

however.....
regarding the whole judging of chaters and not hving them in salon etc........

we're running businesses - not character assessment schemes lol - i can assure you that not one of us has a customer who is 100% perfect in every area of their lives, thats not for us to judge, they come to us for a service, we give it to them, they pay

if a man comes in to buy im not going to refuse him, if he wants to spend in my salon then happy days

I think Tomme was just thinking out loud and didn't mean any harm to anyone! When his threads come up I always like to read them as he often makes me laugh. I think we should go easy on Tomme :biggrin:

Good grief, I'm dumbfounded that you'd seriously consider advertising a package like this?

Don't u have any integrity?

I know business is business BUT....

my friend was devastated when her low life, cheating, b*****d of a husband left her for his 'mistress' so if I thought a man was buying a voucher for a 'mistress' I would tell him to sod off and show him the door.

I could go on a rant here but suffice it to say I wouldn't advertise like this , tongue in cheek or not.

and that idea of the 'let herself go' wife at home versus the 'sex kitten' mistress drives me mad. Bit of female solidarity wouldn't go amiss.

Totally agree!!!

Jezz! Did the fairies steal your humour last night guys?!?!???

Good grief, I'm dumbfounded that you'd seriously consider advertising a package like this?

Don't u have any integrity?

Lol ... yes Tomme does have integrity and no it was not a serious proposal.

It's Tomme for goodness sake. Read his posts and get a feel for his style.

There are plenty, and I mean plenty of other people who post far worse stuff than this and in a far more serious way.

This is not the person or the post to vent anger on.

Peace and respect.

xx

Any money is good money!
Well kinda, aslong as its coming into your business!x

I'm glad this wasn't a serious proposal! What a horrible idea! X

Lol ... yes Tomme does have integrity and no it was not a serious proposal.

It's Tomme for goodness sake. Read his posts and get a feel for his style.

There are plenty, and I mean plenty of other people who post far worse stuff than this and in a far more serious way.

This is not the person or the post to vent anger on.

Peace and respect.

xx

Anger was not what I was venting. It was disgust. I have no idea who the OP is and what his sense of humour is like. I come on to SG as its meant to be a forum for learning and sharing ideas with likeminded professionals.

If someone wants to be controversial they should post on the CHAT forum, not BIZ GEEK.

I for one don't have time to go back and see what sort of sense of humour the OP has. I read the post at face value. If he wants to backtrack now that geeks are commenting that his post is in bad taste, that's his perogative.

Anger was not what I was venting. It was disgust. I have no idea who the OP is and what his sense of humour is like. I come on to SG as its meant to be a forum for learning and sharing ideas with likeminded professionals.

If someone wants to be controversial they should post on the CHAT forum, not BIZ GEEK.

I for one don't have time to go back and see what sort of sense of humour the OP has. I read the post at face value. If he wants to backtrack now that geeks are commenting that his post is in bad taste, that's his perogative.

Sorry, but if it came down to the fact other clients wouldn't be out off by the above then I would have no problem offering a mistress package.
I'm not saying agree with affairs, but if it meant more money in my till then let them have their way.
Its not like its new nor uncommon. It happens in hotels all the time. I would hazard a guess to 10% of a hotels income in down to infidelity, and if I could cash in on it and get an extra 10% then hell yes I would be posturing it about. Xoxo

I'm not sure if your idea was to actually advertise it as a "Mistress Treat".
If so, haven't come across this in any hotel I've stayed in!

If, like hotels, you take bookings without asking the relationship then what difference would it be from any salon now?

NO ONE IS PROMOTING AFFAIRS!!!!!!

Oh for heavens sake. I'm sure people don't read whole posts before commenting.

It's was a potential 'biz' idea, with flaws, that created ideas and conversation. And chuckles.

No one is offering a mistress package, just a potential idea that may take advantage of the idiot man who is having an affair.

As mentioned before....we don't judge people on their religion, sexual orientation, blah blah... So why judge now?

If you don't like the idea, don't do it. And don't read the post if it offends you.
But their are others that may find it useful!

Sigh...well this quickly turned sour.

You would not be the one straying away therefore not the one in the wrong... It might be a case of husband trying to spice up the marriage and buying it as a treat for his wife.

I just announced this thread to my colleague at work and she thinks its a great idea. I think people just need to lighten up.. people talking on here about sisterhood - sorry but if the mistress knows he is married where is the sisterhood there.....

As a single person you could also include packages from a secret admirers so this is something you could also think about??? Could think of yourself as Cupid then!!

I think people will agree that I'm a pretty savvy person, wouldn't they?
Many years ago I was seeing a chap who lived in East Yorkshire, a couple of hundred miles from me. I saw him maybe every other weekend.
Imagine my surprise when I discovered that he was seeing not one, not two, not even three other women, but THIRTEEN others.
I had no idea, not at all.
There are those who are supremely deceitful and incredibly plausible.

Chacun a son gout, I suppose, but I wouldn't want to even passively condone infidelity.

My point is that as a business idea it already exists, inasmuch as we cannot question what their relationship is if a man, or woman, buys a romantic pamper treat.

To market, and advertise it explicitly is not likely to INCREASE bookings, as those bookings can still be discreetly made without giving chapter and verse, but could well DECREASE bookings. My evidence for saying that is that we can see that many people who have posted have been offended, and I believe that will be reflected by the general public.

I'm not judging Tomme or indeed anyone else; I'm just giving my -perhaps too serious- response to what I thought was a business question.

Last edited:
Oh I love the secret admirer idea! X

I think people just need to lighten up.. people talking on here about sisterhood - sorry but if the mistress knows he is married where is the sisterhood there.....

Twas me who mentioned the 'sisterhood' BUT then went on to say how I was gullible taking this seriously. D'oh!

Hypothetically, if you did happen to sell the 'Mistress Package', I wonder how many mistresses would go into the salon and redeem their voucher...:eek: 'Cause everyone would know!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back