Vaseline and waxing eyebrows

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandywine

Reaction score
I was reading the bit on the Habia site about waxing and was wondering.......
Do other people use vaseline on eyebrows, as it says. This wasn't how I was taught during my NVQ and I was interested to hear if other people do and how they find it helps?
Thanks

I was reading the bit on the Habia site about waxing and was wondering.......
Do other people use vaseline on eyebrows, as it says. This wasn't how I was taught during my NVQ and I was interested to hear if other people do and how they find it helps?
Thanks

i only use vaseline when tinting eyebrows

We were taught to use Vaseline when waxing eyebrows, but it is more of a safety net to those who are starting off.

As you get more proficient, you probably won't need to use the vaseline.

Hth's:green:

Ditto what Claire says. I was taught to use vaseline and I used it for a while until I was confident with my wax application. Have to say I don't use it now.

I am at college at the moment and my tutor was off for a week we had a stand in who taught us to use vaseline on hairs we didnt want removed. My tutor came back and went MENTAL, she HATES it!! Reckons we wont learn properly but tbh I felt a lot more safe on my first few ebwaxes using it. hth x

When i learnt eyebrow waxing at college we were taught to use it has a safety net so we didnt wax off all the eyebrow, but like someone said earlier it is good to use it until you build up confidence with waxing.

i dont use it when iam waxing now.(but i hope that iam not tempting fate, and totally take off someones eyebrow now!):)

I was taught to use it at college but feel fine without it now

Much the same - did use it at college but soon dropped it from my daily routine.

Especially in my new salon as I am doing so many brow waxes.

I'm the same as everyone else, but if i did (not that i have) but if i did get wax on an area i didnt want to remove the hairs then after wax oil would remove this so i dont worry one bit :D

Never used it with waxind only in tinting when first started but dont even use it with that now :rolleyes:

We were taught to use it with tinting eyebrows and waxing.Used it probably for the first month after I qualified then never again.

It's a good barrier against tinting if you're new to it and to stop waxing areas off eyebrow hair by mistake.

Once confident in your waxing or brow tinting then there really is no need.

We weren't taught with vaseline. The only time we every used vaseline was with a lash tint. I had never even heard of using it with waxing until reading it here.

when i was taught at college i was told to only use vaseline only if their was a spot or a mole as this protect the skin around the area and stops it from bleeding. I only use vaseline when i am tinting

We are being taught to use vaseline on waxing eyebrows, wouldn't want to risk taking someone's whole brow off! lol ~ and as jenny said to cover moles.

I wasn't taught this method but if you find it will help at first why not, till you become more confident!!! :)

Latest posts

Back