Vinylux-Is anyone experiencing problems?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wore Decadence and after removal it was fine, I did have a slight pink 'tinge' to my nails but I used scrubfresh and it removed it.

I've used hot pop pink, Tropix & decadence quite a few times on different clients and I've had no staining yet.
As for ridges, its a polish not a miracle worker lol. That's what Brisa lite smoothing gel is for.
Xx

I have the same issue with ridges and I've never used a ridge filler and they've always looked great after using opi. I don't want to go down the route of charging extra for smoothing gel. I'm also a little concerned that we as professionals are struggling with it so how are our clients going to get on with it??

But saying that I love the dry time the colour range. X

I wore Decadence and after removal it was fine, I did have a slight pink 'tinge' to my nails but I used scrubfresh and it removed it.

What remover did you use? When I removed a set with a standard polish remover there was some colour left on the nail plate but when I used CND nourishing remover the nail was left perfectly clear. Just a thought ....

I've not had any problems but have had one client who normally has shellac come back for a republish and she vinylux has stained her nails, she's fine about it as always wears polish but she had fedora and it def left a slight orange tinge to the nails which wasn't where the regrowth was, tried scrub fresh and didn't budge it.

Do you think toes are chipping easily as they arn't exposed to as much daylight as fingers... Just a thought.

VL never chips on my toes. I live in Arizona and I know I get mega sunshine!

I have no problems with Vinylux, as of yet. CND did say if your nails are delaminated, they could stain. I've had clients ask for it again because they loved it so much.

I am disappointed with vinylux, I thought it was going to be amazing and have invested a lot in it.

I too find you can see every ridge on toe nails, I don't want to have to use smoothing gel either as my clients have never had this problem with lumos and zoya polish.

I find it chips very easily and on toe nails, zoya and opi have never done this!! I was out on Saturday night and when I took my shoes off they were all chipped,:cry:

A lot of the colours don't give a good coverage and many are streaky!

The only thing I like is the dry time but to be honest with lumos my zoya and opi dry quickly anyway. I feel that they last a lot longer than vinylux, and yes I am following the correct procedure with application.

Beginning to regret investing in it and thankfully haven't got rid of my zoya, so many of my clients that have tried vinylux say they don't want it again :irked::cry:

Does anyone have problems with Hot pop pink, mine is very streaky and if you do 3 layers it's all gloopy and weird looking. All the other colours are fine though? x

Yet another complaint about vinylux today, a client I did before she went on holiday 2 weeks ago came in to have her toes re-done, two weeks and they were a chipped mess, she said her fingers only lasted a day before they were all chipped.

And the removal of vinylux was a nightmare with the cnd nourishing remover, it took me ten mins to remove it properly and the nails were completely stained. It was red baroness I used. I have invested a lot of money on vinylux and have nothing but complaints about it. Not one client has had it again they have all gone back to zoya.

Is anyone else having these problems, I'm afraid I'm going to have to sell it off somewhere to get my money back, what a waste of money :sad::sad::sad:

Last edited:
Does anyone have problems with Hot pop pink, mine is very streaky and if you do 3 layers it's all gloopy and weird looking. All the other colours are fine though? x

Make sure your not applying it like CND Shellac! You want to me making sure you are generous with your coat :) and get it on quickly this will prevent streaking.

If you are getting staining this could be as the nail plate is damaged and the pigment is getting in or that when you are removing Vinylux you need to make sure that you hold the pad on the nail for a few seconds instead of sliding it around, which I'm sure you all do, just make sure you hold it a few more seconds if you find it difficult to remove :)

I can safely say I have not had one complaint about it, all my clients have been really pleased with it, I do think it takes a bit longer to remove especially from toes that it has been on a while but i think its worth it! The only staining I have seen has been on my own finger nails that are delaminating and in pretty poor condition and i have used and removed loads of different colours, my only complaint is that i am impatiently waiting for more stock!!

Yet another complaint about vinylux today, a client I did before she went on holiday 2 weeks ago came in to have her toes re-done, two weeks and they were a chipped mess, she said her fingers only lasted a day before they were all chipped.

And the removal of vinylux was a nightmare with the cnd nourishing remover, it took me ten mins to remove it properly and the nails were completely stained. It was red baroness I used. I have invested a lot of money on vinylux and have nothing but complaints about it. Not one client has had it again they have all gone back to zoya.

Is anyone else having these problems, I'm afraid I'm going to have to sell it off somewhere to get my money back, what a waste of money :sad::sad::sad:

Are you absolutely sure you are doing your prep correctly?
I know I had some issues to begin with and was almost tearing my hair out thinking i've wasted lots of money on Vinylux but I just tweaked my prep and have not looked back.

In regards to removal, i've found that especially on toes it's quite difficult but I tend to soak a little bit of cotton pad first then leave that sitting on the big toe while I take off the smaller toes so that by the time I get back to the bigger one, it's a lot easier.

I can say i've had no staining on the natural nails. If you remove it the way it's shown on the CND video.

I don't know if this helps any.

I jist removed the vinylux from my toes after about 4 weeks and yes it was a little more difficult to remove than it should have been cause it had been on ages but came off very well and surprisingly easily, easier than my opi! And not one chip...
Fingers it just doesn't last on me but clients are finding it lasts better than opi x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Yes doing my prep exactly as advised, I have been using zoya and opi for 6 years and never had problems like this. Definitely bad staining on the nails which would not budge.

Back to zoya and lumos for me

I'm loving Vinylux and so are my ladies. I had Wildfire on my own toes for four weeks and it came off quickly with no staining. One of my friends had Limeade on her toes for four weeks and it was harder to remove - took a good 15 mins. But no staining. I'm getting great feedback. I've used a fair few colours now and the only one I have had a slight problem with is Bicycle Yellow - its quite "grainy" and takes three generous coats for full coverage. But I can deal with that. Very happy :)

Best way to remove Vinylux and any polish in my opinion is with a plastic backed pad. You set the pad that has some remover on it over the nail, let it sit for a moment then starting at the base of the nail, squeegee it up. CND shows this in their videos.

Latest posts

Back