Vinylux-Is anyone experiencing problems?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Geeg, I had a question for you hopefully you see this. In regards to what you said about vinylux staining on damaged nails , if we have a client like this and she wants vinylux is there a certain basecoat we could use with it? I would really like to be able to use it on everyone. Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

If it were my customer I would probably use Brisa Lite on her nails until they have recovered. You can use Vinylux over the top of that.

Otherwise I'd concentrate on returning her nails to full health and strength (assuming of course that it's possible to do that; it might be health related) and then introducing her to the magic that is Vinylux!

If it were my customer I would probably use Brisa Lite on her nails until they have recovered. You can use Vinylux over the top of that.

Otherwise I'd concentrate on returning her nails to full health and strength (assuming of course that it's possible to do that; it might be health related) and then introducing her to the magic that is Vinylux!

Great idea i will use the smoothing gel:)

just make sure then removing that you not going crazy with the nail gauze just saturate place and hold on the nail.

Last edited:
Just a thought.... NAILFRESH!!! :?:

I Vinyluxed my nails with Impossibly Plush (which I love) and PEPPED my nails as normal... Because it was ME doing my own I decided to make sure my nails were squeaky clean by NAILFRESHING too (after i had ScrubFreshed).

Still on and still perfect! Boy do you have to paint fast... The dry time is ridiculously good!

I also have a lovely ridged thumb nail and yes you can see the ridges through the polish... But that's because... IT'S A POLISH! :D

I think I will always be more of a Shellac girl because I love that extra strength and shine on my nails... But hoping for Impossibly Plush in Shellac as I think I would wear that a LOT!!!

For the two of you who say clients are getting chipping a day... There are 3 honest answers... It's either them (something they have done / are doing), it's something you have done / are doing (or not doing) as the case may be...or it is the old adage that not every product will suit every person and sometimes there just IS incompatibility.

Hope that helps :Kissing:

I never see the ridges through my zoya polish

That is a silly answer because it depends on the depth of ridges doesn't it?

For the dry time, the coverage and extra coat for ridges if someone has them, the week long wear and the shine .. You can't beat Vinylux. But in any case no one is twisting your arm.

I did love Vinylux and so did my clients. However we have had some clients come back with a white 'tie-dye' effect on the nails. I called s2 and this was apparently down to the fact that as the top coat hardens under uv light, the white patches are where it has been on for weeks and weeks and has hardened so much it has gone white! I am aware it is a 7 day polish but there is no way our clients will take off their colour on their toes after just a week! It also is impossible to remove after this amount of weeks on the nails. So I guess it is great for fingernails but we are having doubts about using it for our pedicures :( such a shame, as not all of our clients want shellac.

I have never known a polish chip as quickly as Zoya.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek mobile app

I did love Vinylux and so did my clients. However we have had some clients come back with a white 'tie-dye' effect on the nails. I called s2 and this was apparently down to the fact that as the top coat hardens under uv light, the white patches are where it has been on for weeks and weeks and has hardened so much it has gone white! I am aware it is a 7 day polish but there is no way our clients will take off their colour on their toes after just a week! It also is impossible to remove after this amount of weeks on the nails. So I guess it is great for fingernails but we are having doubts about using it for our pedicures :( such a shame, as not all of our clients want shellac.

i've used VINYLUX over enhancements, and when the client returns after 3 weeks,what you describe has never happened. Is this happening on all your clients or just the one?? could it be something they're using/doing?? x

i've used VINYLUX over enhancements, and when the client returns after 3 weeks,what you describe has never happened. Is this happening on all your clients or just the one?? could it be something they're using/doing?? x

It has happened to maybe 3/4 clients :( and we have had it since the launch so it is really strange. I've had to bring back Zoya and offer it as an alternative as I don't want to get complaints! S2 said it was the fact that the top coat has hardened so much on the nail. It has only happened to those that have had the polish on for 3 weeks + ....

That is a silly answer because it depends on the depth of ridges doesn't it?

For the dry time, the coverage and extra coat for ridges if someone has them, the week long wear and the shine .. You can't beat Vinylux. But in any case no one is twisting your arm.

That is not a silly answer that is the truth, I have never seen ridges through my zoya polish on toes in 7 years!! It doesn't matter how many coats I do with lobster roll I can see very ridge!!

I have never known a polish chip as quickly as Zoya.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek mobile app

My clients don't get chips as quickly as with vinylux

My clients don't get chips as quickly as with vinylux
Fine .. We all have our own experiences ... And they obviously differ. I know the business I have created ... Retired at 50 and it was all with CND and me. That is my experience. Maybe the difference was me, but I don't think so.

Fine .. We all have our own experiences ... And they obviously differ. I know the business I have created ... Retired at 50 and it was all with CND and me. That is my experience. Maybe the difference was me, but I don't think so.

I am allowed to have my opinion without being told everything I say is just "silly" or "ridiculous". I have given my honest opinion on how I have found vinylux!

I too know the business I have created in the past 8 years, paid off my mortgage in 4 years, fully booked every day and until 6th August, work 10 or 12 hour days. I probably took more today than most salon take in a week.

So please stop telling me everything I say is silly when I have a different option in than you

I am allowed to have my opinion without being told everything I say is just "silly" or "ridiculous". I have given my honest opinion on how I have found vinylux!

I too know the business I have created in the past 8 years, paid off my mortgage in 4 years, fully booked every day and until 6th August, work 10 or 12 hour days. I probably took more today than most salon take in a week.

So please stop telling me everything I say is silly when I have a different option in than you
Your comment was silly because whether or not ridges are filled depends on the depth of the ridges. Fact

I just accepted your opinion in my last post that you quoted. I'm just so very happy that you seem to be one out of hundreds in this thread that is not happy with VINYLUX. That tells me allot.

Limeade brill, but Vexed Violette chipped on thumbs after one day... Weird that some colours last better than others.

Still love it though :)

Your comment was silly because whether or not ridges are filled depends on the depth of the ridges. Fact

I just accepted your opinion in my last post that you quoted. I'm just so very happy that you seem to be one out of hundreds in this thread that is not happy with VINYLUX. That tells me allot.

I never said it filled the ridge, fact. I said it didn't cover them at all and I could see the ridge through the polish as if it had stripes in it. I said I never had this with zoya that is what I said!

I am clearly not the only person who has experienced problems as I didn't start this thread and it is called Is anyone experiences problems, and I am so I replied.

Surely as a manufacturer or supplier I would want to know people's experiences and maybe offer some help or explanation but clearly not in this case I just get told I'm silly and ridiculous!

So I had a problem with environ, in the beginning I was told I was the only one in the country with this problem, I have since found out that I am not the only one and many people have had the same problem, so what are they doing well the went back to the manufacturer and are looking into it. Infact they have personally asked des fernandes. Personally I would want to know any problems particularly as one of the clients I did had bad mouthed the product, but has never in 8 years had that problem with any of my polish before, what does that say?

Yes I think some colours are better than others, I haven't had a problem with strawberry smoothie.

Surely we should be applying common sense to Ms Mouse's post?

I think it was pretty obvious she meant as a straight comparison of coverage then she considers V to be less forgiving than zoya.

It isn't a silly statement at all & was perfectly clear. To my mind you are being purposefully pedantic to try & undermine her position.

Whilst I haven't used zoya polishes I agree that V is the least forgiving nail polish I have ever come across. Each imperfection appears magnified. On this front it does not compare favourably with competitors.

Reading back through this thread I see that I'm not the only one who has experienced probelms with coverage, chipping and staining, yet I'm the only one who has had every comment regarded as silly and ridiculous.

Just glad I still have opi and zoya in my salon, not a single complaint about either brand in 8 years. Sold 6 bottles of zoya today and some lumos top and bottom coat and no vinylux.

I will try the other colours though as unfortunely I've invested a lot of money in it :cry:

I have not worked with maybe nail polish before as i am new.. But all i can say is that I have NEVER seen a shine in a nail polish like in vinylux.. Looks like shellac shine without being shellac! I have to agree we see ridges but again so do i in many nail polish as there arent gels.. Use some smoothing gel underneath.. Loiks really neat :):)

Latest posts

Back