Vinylux-Is anyone experiencing problems?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best way to remove Vinylux and any polish in my opinion is with a plastic backed pad. You set the pad that has some remover on it over the nail, let it sit for a moment then starting at the base of the nail, squeegee it up. CND shows this in their videos.

This is what I do :D

I love the dry time but don't find it lasts any longer than normal polish especially disappointed with it not lasting longer thn general polish on toes!

I've just had a lady return to me today who I applied Vinylux Wildfire to fingers and toes to four weeks ago. Her toes were still perfect and she was delighted to tell me her fingers lasted over two weeks. I reapplied both today, not a stain in sight on her toes and it removed fairly easily with Shellac nourishing Remover. She's the second one in this week raving about it and she's booked her mum and sister in too!

I am loving Vinylux. It really dries quickly and lasts well, but my only issue is removal, lol.

I think i will have to invest in some plastic backed pads and see how it goes xx

No complaints. Clients are loving it. No staining either. Everyone loves it. We will keep selling it ... and we are selling it :) Lasting only a day? That is just ridiculous!

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/222815-i-love-vinylux.html

I just posted an undate on my facebook page today stating one of my clients popped into the salon to let me know she had 11 days wear out of her VINYLUX and was thrilled with it!! Quite a few clients have shown concern about potential staining but have all gone with it and had no complaints as yet! Those who haven't had 7 days are still really pleased as its longer than what they would get out of a normal polish (their words), in fact a few clients who can't seem to get a decent length of time out of shellac have now switch to VINYLUX as they love the ease of removal but are coming into the salon more often to have it applied so its win win!! Oh and I think it's a dream to paint with!!

I am a customer of vinylux. I buy off a lovely nail tech :) I adore this product and I really have no issues applying myself. Stays on easy for a week and on toes 3+. I have even converted my mother in law to it. Its absolutely brilliant and as a mum of 2 young boys means my nails can look pretty in minimal time without me regularly going to a salon .......I just don't get time. However I would love a manicure with it but nobody by me sells it :-( but I do order and get it posted out by a professional :) def not eBay! (May I add) I like to know I am getting the real deal.

Love it xx

Vinylux will not suit everyone and i have found it has lasted longer one week than another on myself. I think it all depends on what you do with your nails, its a step down from shellac so clients who are used to shellac might be disappointed so its our job to discuss the advantages & disadvantages of vinylux vs shellac. I don't get 7 days out of mine but i do get 5 days, which considering its only a polish thats amazing! I have had no staining but yes your nails have to be ridge free, i had a tiny bit of shellac base coat on one nail and it showed straight through the vinylux. I think you have to try & give it time & we will work out how to get around problems!?

Just a little tip about some of the Vinylux red's or darker colours possibly staining, try using a very light/sheer colour as a base. I use Lavishly Loved.

Saying this though I really haven't had a problem with Vinylux staining, it only happened on one client, she's elderly and has quite ridged nails with delamination and she loves her red's and darker colours. So last time I based with Lavishly loved and guess what no staining :)

Just a little tip about some of the Vinylux red's or darker colours possibly staining, try using a very light/sheer colour as a base. I use Lavishly Loved.

Saying this though I really haven't had a problem with Vinylux staining, it only happened on one client, she's elderly and has quite ridged nails with delamination and she loves her red's and darker colours. So last time I based with Lavishly loved and guess what no staining :)

Thats a good tip. ty. I am swiftly becoming a Vinylux fanatic and its the first product that i have felt passionate enough about to want to offer retail aswell as doing treatments. I love the dry time and have had very positive feedback. Many of my clients have horses, farms and they dont bother with nail polish as they dont last due to their outdoor lifestyles. Ive encouraged a few to try Vinylux and give me feedback (these are waxing/tinting clients). The feedback has been very positive...5 days without chipping for a client who mucks out her horses daily and has cattle to sort....she was ecstatic! Another client had Vinylux Gotcha for a wedding and it lasted over a week before chipping and she is a hairdresser. Another sent me a facebook message to say that she was sad that she finally had to remove it from fingernails after 10 days and that she couldnt wait to have them done again. I did my own toenails 3 weeks ago with Hot Pop Pink and they are still as good as new!
As a one man band with a small garden salon, Shellac is a very expensive option for me. Shellac still has its place and i wont give it up completely but Vinylux is deffo something that I intend to promote. My only negative is that when doing clients, my own Vinylux fingernails dont cope well. Using scrub fresh/Shellac nourishing remover on clients usually means that i ruin my own nail polish. I need to be more stringent and wear gloves whilst using these products. Despite that, Vinylux has me excited and chomping at the bit to spread the word!
:p

Thats a good tip. ty. I am swiftly becoming a Vinylux fanatic and its the first product that i have felt passionate enough about to want to offer retail aswell as doing treatments. I love the dry time and have had very positive feedback. Many of my clients have horses, farms and they dont bother with nail polish as they dont last due to their outdoor lifestyles. Ive encouraged a few to try Vinylux and give me feedback (these are waxing/tinting clients). The feedback has been very positive...5 days without chipping for a client who mucks out her horses daily and has cattle to sort....she was ecstatic! Another client had Vinylux Gotcha for a wedding and it lasted over a week before chipping and she is a hairdresser. Another sent me a facebook message to say that she was sad that she finally had to remove it from fingernails after 10 days and that she couldnt wait to have them done again. I did my own toenails 3 weeks ago with Hot Pop Pink and they are still as good as new!
As a one man band with a small garden salon, Shellac is a very expensive option for me. Shellac still has its place and i wont give it up completely but Vinylux is deffo something that I intend to promote. My only negative is that when doing clients, my own Vinylux fingernails dont cope well. Using scrub fresh/Shellac nourishing remover on clients usually means that i ruin my own nail polish. I need to be more stringent and wear gloves whilst using these products. Despite that, Vinylux has me excited and chomping at the bit to spread the word!
:p

Great to here, I'm getting very positive feedback too and a large percentage of my clients aren't ladies of leisure either, many are mothers to toddlers, outdoorsy types, hairdressers, careworkers etc and many are getting 5-7 + days wear out of Vinylux.

I also have the same problem with keeping it on my own nails as I'm so used to wearing Shellac and I forget, I did get some plastic backed pads which has helped, but at the moment I'm having fun with changing the colour often anyway just so I can show my clients the range of colours as its nice to actually see it on nails and promotes the new colours I keep adding to my collection!! I just have to try it out as soon as I buy it, its like buying a new dress and wanting to go out there and then just so i can wear it! :)

Just a thought.... NAILFRESH!!! :?:

I Vinyluxed my nails with Impossibly Plush (which I love) and PEPPED my nails as normal... Because it was ME doing my own I decided to make sure my nails were squeaky clean by NAILFRESHING too (after i had ScrubFreshed).

Still on and still perfect! Boy do you have to paint fast... The dry time is ridiculously good!

I also have a lovely ridged thumb nail and yes you can see the ridges through the polish... But that's because... IT'S A POLISH! :D

I think I will always be more of a Shellac girl because I love that extra strength and shine on my nails... But hoping for Impossibly Plush in Shellac as I think I would wear that a LOT!!!

For the two of you who say clients are getting chipping a day... There are 3 honest answers... It's either them (something they have done / are doing), it's something you have done / are doing (or not doing) as the case may be...or it is the old adage that not every product will suit every person and sometimes there just IS incompatibility.

Hope that helps :Kissing:

I have had grape gum on toes and vexed violet on fingers for 6 days now neither showing any chips at all. I must admit tho I would be a bit worried about colours like lobster roll with regards to the staining. I had major staining from an opi colour very similar even through base coat so might do a test on one nail with lobster roll first!

I have had grape gum on toes and vexed violet on fingers for 6 days now neither showing any chips at all. I must admit tho I would be a bit worried about colours like lobster roll with regards to the staining. I had major staining from an opi colour very similar even through base coat so might do a test on one nail with lobster roll first!

There is no staining from Vinylux polish unless the nails are in poor health from other nail services badly performed or bad client removal OR you are using the wrong type of remover.

Lobster Roll is the Summer's hot favourite colour ... never seen it stain a nail yet! :D

I just don't get why anyone would expect a polish to stain when CND state to the world that it will not stain, and why? Because the adhesion promoters in the Vinylux polish put a barrier (like a base coat) between the nail and the pigment. Helps to understand the Science bit.

Au contraire, Geeg...
Lobster Roll would be the summer's hottest colour if S2 could get any stock from CND!
And now that the pinkies are out of stock I can't even retail them either!

(Not having a go, by the way, I know S2 are doing all they can)

:)

I have a client who had grape gum on her toes & they were on for 5 weeks. She is in a wheel chair & never wears shoes, so constant exposure to sunlight. I haf to wrap her nails to remove as I would shellac as it just wasn't shifting! !

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've finally cracked it!!!! I couldn't get it to dry in 8.5 mins...now I can! No one told me to shake the bottle ;) I watched Hollie's videos and realised she shook them so I shook too and it worked! I think I was putting it on too thick as well because it wasn't properly mixed... anyway seeing how long it will last now on my awful finger nails (toes are holding up well and are coming up to their 3rd week now although I did chip one but that was actually the nail so I must have caught it somewhere lol) x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

No staining from the vexed violet I just removed, lobster roll went on like a dream. Almost as shiny as shellac :)

I am loving Vinylux, however, I polished a clients nails with Electric Orange last week, she removed it last night and sent me pictures of her "stained" nails. I have a feeling it may be a poor removal and she didn't remove thoroughly. I myself have has a few bits of leftover lobster roll on my nails due to dryness and a small amount of peeling after a couple of weeks laziness with solar oil (slaps wrists!)

www.laurawhitebeauty.co.uk

We're loving Vinylux at the salon! It's been retailing well, and the clients love it that they can match their shellacked fingers with Vinylux on their toes.
I have run into a problem though, with clients who have gone on vacation to the beach or have spent a lot of time in the sun. I can hardly get the stuff OFF! One gal went to the Bahamas and I had to wrap her nails like Shellac removal.

I guess it's one of those problems that isn't really a problem? I'm not complaining, but was a little taken back by it

Hi all,

I had the strangest experience with Vinylux and I haven't managed to figure out what I'v done wrong yet. The first time I applied Decadence, it lasted an amazing 8 days! No chipping, still glossy with just a bit of nail wear - I fell in love! It actually worked as promised, and no staining on removal either and I didn't even bother to cap my nails as I was so excited to try it ASAP :)

So I promptly when back to the supplier and bought Cake Pop along with a few others, and followed the exact same method of application as previously except that this time I actually capped my nails. Unfortunately I already have four chips within three days! (The other six nails are perfect) One of my clients said that the already had a chip in a day (Decadence), and my sister has yet to let me know about the wear she is experiencing with Cake Pop - to be fair she uses her hands as tools so i'm not very optimistic...

I am following the correct protocol as demonstrated in the official CND video, and all my products are CND, except the cuticle oil (I prefer to use one that smells less like marzipan :o ).

I'm not sure if maybe its the formula/pigments in Cake Pop that my nails don't like? But I plan on trying Asphalt to test that theory...

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem, where one color lasts forever and another one chips in days?

Latest posts

Back