Vinylux-Is anyone experiencing problems?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have not worked with maybe nail polish before as i am new.. But all i can say is that I have NEVER seen a shine in a nail polish like in vinylux.. Looks like shellac shine without being shellac! I have to agree we see ridges but again so do i in many nail polish as there arent gels.. Use some smoothing gel underneath.. Loiks really neat :):)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

Yes there is a good shine, but I have that too with lumos. I don't want to have to use smoothing gel as that will increase the cost for a client that they will not want to pay when they haven't had a problem before. Any polish will last longer when on top of smoothing gel. :hug:

A good thing about vinylux is the dry time, also lumos dries super quickly

I just think vinylux is not for most toe nails :lol:

Yes there is a good shine, but I have that too with lumos. I don't want to have to use smoothing gel as that will increase the cost for a client that they will not want to pay when they haven't had a problem before. Any polish will last longer when on top of smoothing gel. :hug:

A good thing about vinylux is the dry time, also lumos dries super quickly

I just think vinylux is not for most toe nails :lol:

I think as long as we use whatever works for us is what matters.. Ive never heard of lumos before not sure if thered a supplier in my part of the world will look into it:) i love all cnd products.. I feel like i know im working with reliable products of the best quality. Its not let me down so far :) but i LOVE looking at new products for sure:)

I think as long as we use whatever works for us is what matters.. Ive never heard of lumos before not sure if thered a supplier in my part of the world will look into it:) i love all cnd products.. I feel like i know im working with reliable products of the best quality. Its not let me down so far :) but i LOVE looking at new products for sure:)

Yes that is the great thing about having so much choice in this industry, we can use what suits us. Don't get me wrong I like a lot of cnd products also, just having issues with vinylux :lol:.

Lumos here is distributed by the cnd supplier, it certainly transformed my nail polish services when it came out a couple of years ago :hug:

Being honest I also have to agree about it not covering ridges well. I've either used the old CND polish before colour and effects or OPI in the past. Never had a problem covering them before. I'm also happy to put an extra coat on but not go down the route of smoothing gel. And it does seem to be the metallic. Frosted colours that cover better. Apart from this, I love it and so do clients! Never had staining or chipping issues. X

How much are people retailing vinylux for if u don't mind me asking?

I've found vinylux tough to remove even when using the nourishing remover or desolve. Also one client in particular who wears Hollywood has had problems with staining. But she appears so far to be my only client who has had this.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Last month when I got vinylux in I encouraged all my monthly pedicure clients to give it a go (as apposed to the opi polish I normally use) and now that they are all coming back for this months pedicure I have gotta say I am really regretting it. With the opi polish removal was just a quick step I did without any hassle, their polish is usually still in pretty good shape with a bit of growth. But the vinylux, oh my god! Yes like the opi it still doesn't look too bad after 4 weeks, but when I compare the time it takes to get it off... Wow! Lets just say my poor clients are not getting anywhere near as much pedi time out of their 45minute appointment, but its not their fault it's mine, I recommended they try it so its my responsibility to get the stuff off and still give them the same great service that keeps them coming back every month.
I don't know what to do... I have bought as many of the vinylux colours that were in stock but thinking now to only recommend them for manicures, but this defies the point of me buying them to compliment shellac. But it doesn't make sense for my time management to be spending sooo long getting it off, time is money and all that.
Sometimes it comes off ok, but I think as said before when its been on a long time and the top coats had a lot of uv it's very resilient.
Am I alone in this? What can I do?

Last month when I got vinylux in I encouraged all my monthly pedicure clients to give it a go (as apposed to the opi polish I normally use) and now that they are all coming back for this months pedicure I have gotta say I am really regretting it. With the opi polish removal was just a quick step I did without any hassle, their polish is usually still in pretty good shape with a bit of growth. But the vinylux, oh my god! Yes like the opi it still doesn't look too bad after 4 weeks, but when I compare the time it takes to get it off... Wow! Lets just say my poor clients are not getting anywhere near as much pedi time out of their 45minute appointment, but its not their fault it's mine, I recommended they try it so its my responsibility to get the stuff off and still give them the same great service that keeps them coming back every month.
I don't know what to do... I have bought as many of the vinylux colours that were in stock but thinking now to only recommend them for manicures, but this defies the point of me buying them to compliment shellac. But it doesn't make sense for my time management to be spending sooo long getting it off, time is money and all that.
Sometimes it comes off ok, but I think as said before when its been on a long time and the top coats had a lot of uv it's very resilient.
Am I alone in this? What can I do?
What remover are you using to remove the VINYLUX with?

I ask this as many are saying they find it tough to remove ... But many more are saying they are not finding it hard at all ... So there has to be a reason for the varying answers. I can only think if two reasons why there would be such a difference of opinion. One would be how thickly a person paints and the other would be is the person using the CND Nourishing Remover to do the removal?

I just removed the grape gum I had on my toes for 3 and a half weeks with no probs, with regular remover

I just removed the grape gum I had on my toes for 3 and a half weeks with no probs, with regular remover

Which remover? What do you mean by regular remover exactly?

I did 2 clients toes on the same day same colour, one in 20s very good toes one in 40s age appropriate toes so ridged bit dry etc... And both came same day, I used nourishing remover, the 20 year old of easy, the older lady took me 10 mins longer, so its def the condition of the toes nails IMO, saying that both were happy and both had gilded pleasure and both had vinylux again.

I hold a soaked pad on nail wait and wipe, this does help, where I agree with opi was easier, but swings and roundabout as clients are out the chair after painting so much quicker.. So app times are the same, just know I'm not going to get a client walk back in as dented or smudged toes/nails.

I used cutex nourishing remover that I got from the supermarket

So I have decided to give vinylux one more shot so I got two of my longest nail polish clients to come in, one for fingers and one for toes. Both of which have zoya polish and not shellac or gelcolor.

Client one has had shellac before but said it didn't last any longer than her zoya with lumos. So I pepped nails, with cuticle away and scrubfresh, also used nail fresh this time (I love this product) Applied grape gum and off she went. Phone call today to say they were all chipped after 2 days and she would never have it again. And she found it a nightmare to get off!!!

Clients two has toe nails done followed same procedure, used red baroness, came in today, two weeks later and said it was all chipped and it needed redone, she has never had this before and wants them re-done with zoya as she can get 5-6 weeks without a chip only re-growth!

Client three, I couldn't fit her in so she got her nails done at another salon with vinylux, therapist was raving about it, came in to me today and said it chipped in a couple of days, she normally paints her own with opi and it lasts longer. So it seems its not just my application.

I am gutted as I really thought this would be the answer to match with shellac, but I feel now I am leaning even more to opi gelcolor as the polish that matches it is excellent.

Unfortunely I have never had so many complaints since I took on vinylux so I am withdrawing it from my salon, one thing I have learnt is if something ain't broke don't fix it, certainly try before you get swallowed up with all the hype and invest a lot of money in something that doesn't suit you.

I know that this review with offend a few people but it is an honest review from someone with experience of many different products.

Believe me there is no one more disappointed than me with all the complaints I have had :-(

Last edited by a moderator:
So I have decided to give vinylux one more shot so I got two of my longest nail polish clients to come in, one for fingers and one for toes. Both of which have zoya polish and not shellac or gelcolor.

Client one has had shellac before but said it didn't last any longer than her zoya with lumos. So I pepped nails, with cuticle away and scrubfresh, also used nail fresh this time (I love this product) Applied grape gum and off she went. Phone call today to say they were all chipped after 2 days and she would never have it again. And she found it a nightmare to get off!!!

Clients two has toe nails done followed same procedure, used red baroness, came in today, two weeks later and said it was all chipped and it needed redone, she has never had this before and wants them re-done with zoya as she can get 5-6 weeks without a chip only re-growth!

Client three, I couldn't fit her in so she got her nails done at another salon with vinylux, therapist was raving about it, came in to me today and said it chipped in a couple of days, she normally paints her own with opi and it lasts longer. So it seems its not just my application.

I am gutted as I really thought this would be the answer to match with shellac, but I feel now I am leaning even more to opi gelcolor as the polish that matches it is excellent.

Unfortunely I have never had so many complaints since I took on vinylux so I am withdrawing it from my salon, one thing I have learnt is if something ain't broke don't fix it, certainly try before you get swallowed up with all the hype and invest a lot of money in something that doesn't suit you.

I know that this review with offend a few people but it is an honest review from someone with experience of many different products.

Believe me there is no one more disappointed than me with all the complaints I have had :-(

What a shame :(
I haven't used on clients, I've just brought a few for myself & my daughter to try. So far so good as a regular polish, but that's all it is. Not a patch on shellac or such like.
I will however get a few more colours at some point because I like its quickness & sometimes I don't have the time to spend gel polishing my own nails (holding down two jobs & raising a family gets in the way!!)

So sorry you have had these problems. We are having a lot of very happy clients. I do think a lot depends on the nails but on the whole they are loving the quick drying process and staying power.

I've actually got a lady coming in for her regular pedicure next week. It's been on for nearly 8 weeks. Her nails are very thick and she does have a medical condition but it was a real pain to remove last time. I'm not looking forward in having to get it off lol. Yes, I have read, watched and seen the different ways to try and followed correct procedure but as I'm still waiting for the nourishing remover to come back in stock I'm actually thinking of wrapping them to aid removal but worried about her condition, even though she will not worry.

Like many we are still waiting for new stock to arrive, which is my only complaint.

Lots of people are getting on really well with it, but it's not for me and am gutted as was so excited about it when it came out :irked:.

I struggled to get it off even with nourishing remover too but can't fault the dry time

I can't say I've had any problems with application or removal (even on me when I've left it on for ages but I do use pure acetone)

It isn't a patch on Shellac because it's a polish! Like traditional polish but longer lasting on nails that are in reasonable condition. It's a professional polish but it is a retail line just like any other polish. Put it on, take it off. But it won't last longer on a nail that traditional polish chips in a day or so. The nail is just not in goo enough condition (usually peeling is the main culprit)

I can't say I've had any problems with application or removal (even on me when I've left it on for ages but I do use pure acetone)

It isn't a patch on Shellac because it's a polish! Like traditional polish but longer lasting on nails that are in reasonable condition. It's a professional polish but it is a retail line just like any other polish. Put it on, take it off. But it won't last longer on a nail that traditional polish chips in a day or so. The nail is just not in goo enough condition (usually peeling is the main culprit)

I don't expect it to last like shellac etc, but my clients have found it doesn't last nearly as long as the polishes I use already

I don't expect it to last like shellac etc, but my clients have found it doesn't last nearly as long as the polishes I use already

I don't think it was you that compared it to Shellac! If it's not for you, then it just isn't. I'm just commenting that I haven't experienced a problem with anyone yet. I won't have used it on as many as a salon technician but I've used it on a lot of people.

Now, this is not aimed at anyone specifically! It is a general observation. A new product is launched. After several weeks 100's (or 1000's) of technicians spend a few weeks using it on their clients and discover how to use it effectively and which nails suit it and which don't (which could be a quicker process if the manufacturers recommendations are followed to the letter initially) they discover how it performs. The majority discover it works well on the right client , love it and so do their clients. Then there are the few who have no client that it works for??

This is not Vinylux specifically. There have been countless posts in a similar vein for Shellac, Gellish, a specific brand of L&P, UV gel etc. Personally, if other people can make a product work on the right client I would question why I could not make it work and would try discover what I was doing wrong if I wanted to benefit from the USP of that product.

I don't think it was you that compared it to Shellac! If it's not for you, then it just isn't. I'm just commenting that I haven't experienced a problem with anyone yet. I won't have used it on as many as a salon technician but I've used it on a lot of people.

Now, this is not aimed at anyone specifically! It is a general observation. A new product is launched. After several weeks 100's (or 1000's) of technicians spend a few weeks using it on their clients and discover how to use it effectively and which nails suit it and which don't (which could be a quicker process if the manufacturers recommendations are followed to the letter initially) they discover how it performs. The majority discover it works well on the right client , love it and so do their clients. Then there are the few who have no client that it works for??

This is not Vinylux specifically. There have been countless posts in a similar vein for Shellac, Gellish, a specific brand of L&P, UV gel etc. Personally, if other people can make a product work on the right client I would question why I could not make it work and would try discover what I was doing wrong if I wanted to benefit from the USP of that product.

I've had really positive feedback from all my clients who have tried Vinylux, which for me and my business is fab. As its such a new polish with new science behind it I've been as honest as possible with my clients telling them everything I know about it explaining that it can last up to 7 days, that it's really quick drying ( which they love and also I think is amazing!) that it shouldn't cause staining and that it isn't and won't be the same as shellac, so far everyone has had the results they expected! Some clients have had 5 days before chipping,some longer, one lady had just over 3 weeks wear and that was on her fingers, she said it had worn on the ends but nothing major and had only removed it because she was bored of the colour and she said she'd used a non acetone remover!!!! I tell clients I'm new to it and wait for client feedback and I think they appreciate my honesty! So it is great that I can then confidently sell it to others. I had a lady phone me asking if I stocked Vinylux as she had seen my cnd sticker in my salon window, and was wanting to buy some as she had read several press articles,so she came in bought some and has ordered some more colours! Happy days xxx

Latest posts

Back