Vinylux-Is anyone experiencing problems?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe it is the man power, but all my clients that have their toes painted are perhaps feeble women and have that power :lol:.

Lucky you getting the stock :lol:

Actually, we don't have the stock of the same colours you don't have the stock of ... We are just buying and selling all the other colours that they do have stock of. :lol: No point in any of us getting too upset about the things we can't change, it doesn't move anything forward positively. We had the same issues with the unprecedented demand for Shellac when it launched I think they ramped up production 6 times in the first year .... It worked its way out and this will to.
Even knowing the ins and outs of the whys and wherefores doesn't really help yours or my business.

Does it help anyone to know that the warehouse was damaged and flooded and that we lost a huge amount of Minx that were ruined? That doesn't help anyone's business to know the reasons why things happen. As technicians we just want what we want when we want it! They're ruined and that's that ... Fortunately we have DesignFX but different designs. It is what it is. Everything that can be done is being done that is the important thing.

Just had a regular client in for her Shellac nails. She had a Vinylux pedi three and half weeks ago. Many of my clients have a pedi twice during the summer, I think this is quite normal. Anyway, she tried to remove the Vinylux herself with acetone and wrapped them (as I do with her Shellac), they didn't budge! She said "its a great product but a complete bugger to remove, I had to file it off in the end. I tried everything to get the stuff to shift". I think next time I do a pedi, I will use my lumos base coat and topcoat as this is not exceptable. I only hope the reason there are delays in V being in stock, is it is being reformulated for easier removal lol :irked:

Tutti Frutti, Wildfire and Purple Purple have stained my toenails. They are also really hard to get off even using acetone.

Negligee doesn't give good coverage for me it is very streaky even after 2 coats, and the last few times I've used it it seems to thick and is drying too fast but all my other colours are fine. Not sure if this is because it was almost finished but it still should be ok at the end. Cream Puff is also very tippex-y it's fine for doing french tips with but I would like to use it as a base under other colours but it doesn't work because it doesn't seem to go right for me.

Has anyone experienced air bubbles in the top coat? I've just painted my nails and when they dried the top coat is full of air bubbles. I didn't shake the top coat either? X

Has anyone experienced air bubbles in the top coat? I've just painted my nails and when they dried the top coat is full of air bubbles. I didn't shake the top coat either? X

It's my understanding that you do shake Vinylux. Try giving it a good shake next time and see if it's better.

I used the nourishing remover on a lint free gauze pad on my daughter who had rock royalty on for 1.5 weeks, and it came straight off. Was well pleased :)

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Well I have to say that I was sceptical about vinylux, just thought it was another new range of polish. But I have to say I'm converted! The dry time is amazeballs. I deliberately painted my toes outside in 28 degree heat to see what happened, i had to b fast as was drying as I applied! I think I've found out that the bubbles r from when the topcoat is too warm. I've done my hands also now and my only prep is wiping with wholesale polish remover, like I wud with normal polish! A client is on day 15!

Tutti Frutti, Wildfire and Purple Purple have stained my toenails. They are also really hard to get off even using acetone.

Negligee doesn't give good coverage for me it is very streaky even after 2 coats, and the last few times I've used it it seems to thick and is drying too fast but all my other colours are fine. Not sure if this is because it was almost finished but it still should be ok at the end. Cream Puff is also very tippex-y it's fine for doing french tips with but I would like to use it as a base under other colours but it doesn't work because it doesn't seem to go right for me.

Try Lavishly Loved instead of Cream Puff.

I personally didn't care for the product. I found it to be streaky. It chips and dries the client's nails out.

My mums had hers on since I got my box of Vinylux at the event and tried it out on her toes. She moaned at me the other day that she couldn't get it off even though I told her time and time again the longer it's on the harder it will be to remove. She has hot pop pink on and it was still perfect just MASSIVELY grown out (she's says I'm a terrible nail tech for not treating her more often - sorry mum)

Anyway, I wrapped it the other night like I would shellac and voila! Off it came, no staining, no issues, no problems but I think it's fair to say she's a shellac girl lol

Samantha
xoxo

When V was first launched here in the uk, i painted a clients toes with lilac longing and used glitter the sealed with TC for a holiday to turkey. 6 or so weeks later she tried to remove and she said she struggled so she just painted wildfire with TC (that she'd purchased from me ) over the top. this was on for a further 2 weeks before she came to see me. Now given the above circumstances you'd think it would be hard to remove. But it wasn't. I also showed the client how to remove properly and she hasn't has a problem since. Also absolutely no staining issues :)

I've just had a client phone me to say that her Vinylux (Electric Orange) was stubborn to remove and that it stained her nails... I applied it after we removed her L&P Enhancements and said that it may be because her nails were dry (they certainly weren't damaged).

I've told her to go lightly over her nails with a buffing block to remove staining as she can't get back into me and doesn't know what to do. I said that the stubborn removal is because it's not a traditional polish and reminded her of proper removal, which she said she did (held it on the nails, swiped down, folded the pad/used a new one, repeat).

Anything else I can tell her? What other reasons could there be for staining?

I'd like to point out that this is the only problem I've had with Vinylux since I started using it in April - I love the stuff but would like to give this client answers!

Xxx

How long had it been on her nails?

I've just had a client phone me to say that her Vinylux (Electric Orange) was stubborn to remove and that it stained her nails... I applied it after we removed her L&P Enhancements and said that it may be because her nails were dry (they certainly weren't damaged).

I've told her to go lightly over her nails with a buffing block to remove staining as she can't get back into me and doesn't know what to do. I said that the stubborn removal is because it's not a traditional polish and reminded her of proper removal, which she said she did (held it on the nails, swiped down, folded the pad/used a new one, repeat).

Anything else I can tell her? What other reasons could there be for staining?

I'd like to point out that this is the only problem I've had with Vinylux since I started using it in April - I love the stuff but would like to give this client answers!

Xxx

Hi it also stained my nails, previously had no probs with V but it was because they were dehydrated as I picked my shellacs off ! It has been previously suggested V is not suitable for damaged / dry/ dehydrated nails and as nail techs we need to be able to analyse the clients nails and offer them a bespoke treatment to meet their needs. V is not the answer to everyone's needs in future I will offer BL smoothing under V if anyone has any nail damage ! Lesson learnt good job it was at my own expense and not a clients ! 😄

I have been using vinylux so far with no problems

But yesterday one of my regular clients who has had vinylux for her last 4 manicure appointments has suddenly got really peeling nails as has her daughter who had vinylux for her manicure
They have decided between themselves that they think its the vinylux as they didn't have the problem before
Has anyone else experienced this??
Thanks

I haven't had any problem with peeling nails, but I do have one elderly client that has weekly manicures that I have been using Vinylux on and she has had white spots on her nails, as she is elderly so her nails are quite porous so she has upped her use of solar oil and its helping, she's still happy to continue with the Vinylux as she's really happy with the wear.

Getting concerned about Vinylux drying clients nails, peeling, hard removal and staining... Is this what everyone is experiencing? As I have just invested!!!!

I have had staining on my own nails with some of the brighter colours -Electric Orange & Tropix mainly, most of my clients have had no problems apart from a few have had dry spots after a few weeks of colour changes

I have had staining on my own nails with some of the brighter colours -Electric Orange & Tropix mainly, most of my clients have had no problems apart from a few have had dry spots after a few weeks of colour changes

Are they experiencing this even with regular use of SolarOil?

Also I thought one of the reasons why a base coat was applied was to prevent polish from staining, so is this what is happening with some of the Vinylux Colours? I would of thought CND would of carried out major testing to make sure this wouldn't happen so surely this isn't the case?

Latest posts

Back