Vistaprint - glossy business cards question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicki-Marie

Reaction score
Hey guys

Im just about to re order my business cards on vistaprint. Thought id have them glossy this time instead of matte. Only question is .. I write their appointments on the back. Will the glossy finish make this difficult for me to do? xx

Im sure other Geeks will be able to advise you better, but I do know a couple of people who ordered glossy buisiness cards from vista print and it flaked off...just a heads up so your warned chick..x

Can't say as I've always ordered the matte ones.
I'd be inclined to think that it's only the front that would be glossy - but I may be wrong about that. :rolleyes:
I always get them with the 'vistaprint' logo on the back as it's included (the blank ones are charged as an extra). The logo is quite small and is at the bottom of the card, so there's still a lot of room to write the appointment time.
HTHs

My last lot of business cards from Vista Print I went for the gloss finish. They are gorgeous .. very dramatic (to advertise my intimate waxing) the front is very exciting and the back is matt black with just two lines of text... personally I think they look great having the glossy front and matt back.

:hug:

I have ordered plenty of vistaprint glossy business cards with the appointments on the back and I found that I had to use a feltip type pen instead of a ball-point pen and seemed to do the job. :)

Thanks guys. So am I right in thinking you can have the back matte and the front glossy? or either both sides glossy? will have to have another look.

Thanks guys. So am I right in thinking you can have the back matte and the front glossy? or either both sides glossy? will have to have another look.

Yes you are right... its extra to have the back glossy, coloured, with appointments on etc etc.. just check out the options for the various costs.

Mine are glossy front and matt back, I think you get asked that option when placing the order online :)

Ah, now because ive got colour on the back of mine, im assuming they are going to be glossy. There doesnt seem to be an option for me to choose matt for the back.

How much do they cost from Vista print for your cards?

I have glossy option on my Vistaprint business cards and use the back for appointments. The front is glossy and the back matt.

I have some too, and like christine the front is glossy and the back is matte, and I have had no problems with them. hth.:)

Oh damnit. In the end I re ordered matte. I was thinking they would be glossy both sides due to me having them coloured both sides. Will remember this for next time :hug:

I don't like VistaPrint personally, instead I go for A6 or A7 flyers (5,000 double sided A6 cost £56 inc delivery) and are a lot more useful in terms of advertising. Also A7 make great appointment cards too.

Mat

I don't like VistaPrint personally, instead I go for A6 or A7 flyers (5,000 double sided A6 cost £56 inc delivery) and are a lot more useful in terms of advertising. Also A7 make great appointment cards too.

Mat

Wow!! This sounds good value!! Could you possibly tell me who you order these through, think I would love to use them! :)

Ju Ju Xx

Of course. Here:

Standard Corners Quattro Print UK - full colour brochures / flyers / leaflets / posters / envelopes printing

They also do an A8 size (5,000 for £48, 10,000 is £58). A8 is 74 × 52mm, the standard size for business cards is 85.6 × 54 (America its 89 × 51) so your not far off that with your own unique card.

To compare prices:

Quattro A8 Flyers
Quantity: 5,000
250gsm Gloss Paper
Double Sided Full Colour
PDF Proof for Approval
Custom design uploaded
1 Week Delivery
£48

VistaPrint Business Cards
Quantity: 5,000
265gsm Matt Premium Paper
Double Sided Full Colour
PDF Proof for Approval
Custom design uploaded
1 Week Delivery
£94

Wow!! Thank you so much !! Thats almost half the prices of ones I've been looking at.. You're a star ! Xx

If you want anything from Quattro print give them a call first and they'll send you a sample pack so you can see the quality and type of paper its all printed on.

I no longer have business cards, I just A6 flyers.

Latest posts

Back