Vouchers - how many do you sell on average at Christmas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redsadie

Reaction score
The title says it all really :green:

I'll be entering my first Christmas period very soon (even though I don't really want to be thinking about the C word just now, I usually do all my shopping VERY last minute, lol)

I'm having to get my head around the fact I have to plan ahead for different celebrations through the year probably 6 months ahead of their actual date really, so I am a little late!

I have some vouchers from Vistaprint which are generic and can be used for any promotion and are just re-jigged postcards, but need to know if I'll need more as I wouldn't want to run out. I know each salon is different but I will be promoting them heavily with different packages, so just wondering if any of you have had success with them at this particular time of year?

xx

Hi,
I sell loads of vouchers at Christmas, not so many for Valentine's day & Mother's day though :sad:
Right now, I've got about £1,000 worth of unclaimed vouchers from last year - so that's always a wee bonus :smack:
I too, get mine from Vistaprint and they're the rejigged postcards. I find that they're presentable, cheap and can be updated without much fuss.
I get the business cards too and use them for appointment cards.
I've only got a small salon, and after 2 and a half years, I've sold 432 vouchers (cheapest have been for £5, most are for around £20- £40, but I've had a few for £100 !!!!!!)
If you don't make the design too seasonal, they will last all year.

The sale of vouchers is very, very popular in our salon at Christmas. If you are going to advertise their availability, be well prepared - better to have too many, which can still be used throughout the year, than to be caught short. Order some nice, good quality envelopes (Conquerer are best) in red or green to put them in:idea:

Hi Geeks,

The rejigged postcards from vistaprint - I've had a look on their site and not sure what you could go for to rejigg - any advice???

Many thanks

beauty express or ellisons sell generic beauty vouchers, CND sell beautiful glossy vouchers without envelopes but i bought silver ones off ebay... i have a small salon think i sold about 30 vouchers xmas last year ranging between £20-£70. I am also thinking about what to do for xmas, someone suggested selling a voucher with a product relating to it eg: manicure voucher with an enamel, nail file and solar oil..... good luck :)

I get mine from vista print aswell the postcards.
what I do is at christmas I jazz up the envelope by adding a stick on bow
and some twirlys coming down from the bow iykwim.

where i work we find vouchers really popular at christmas, they are a great way of bumping your takings over xmas, although not so good when they all come in a once and you don't seem to take any money. we found we went through a stage where we had loads of people with vouchers all at once so we started writing on the vouchers that they had to say they were using a voucher when booking the appointment so that we wouldnt book loads in in one day so you still felt like you were taking something. also, we only valid ours for 3 months so if they don't get in before then it's expired so if they don't claim it by then, you've made money for doing nothing, with happeneds to us all the time.

sarah x

You'll sell loads! vouchers are great make sure you have extra special envelopes. we tie a ribbon through a punched hole on ours

I agree with smcconnell1989 - put an expiry date on the vouchers!

I sell quite a few vouchers at christmas, some are for £150 some for £5.

I put a 3 month expiry date on them, but have had some people turn up with them 2 years later!

I get notecards from vistaprint, use a text box and write GIFT VOUCHER and your company name on the front, expiry box in the insert.

i generally pay a little extra to have the inside in colour too.

I get the free envelopes, then I scan the picture and print it onto the envelope.

Last year I put them into CD boxes or little gift bags, I encouraged them to buy a few retail products or put in a few samples.

Thanks guys :)

I love some of the ideas on here, especially the one about the cd boxes and scannning the pic onto the envelope!

Looks like I'll have to order some more :green:

xx

i have the cnd vouchers without envelopes does anyone know where i can get envelopes to fit these??

I've sold loads so far for this year - about 500 quids worth!
I've just starting numbering them as well, and putting an expiry date on them. I'm really surprised that people don't redeem their gift vouchers, but I'm given to understand that it's common not to. They must be bonkers!

I've ordered 30 christmas vouchers this year as I've already got through 12 of them and its only just the beginning of December.

I give about 5 away to raffles.

I am expecting it to go gift voucher crazy in about 2 weeks time.

Latest posts

Back