warm towels using slow cooker..........

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Creative Tech

Pampered Princess
Reaction score
Hi!

i have done a search but can't seem to find what i'm looking for :rolleyes:........i have a slow cooker to warm my towles for my luxary manicure but i'm not sure how i should do them.

Any Advice would be very welcome.:wink2:

Many Thanks!:hug:

I use a slow cooker for my warm towels. Before clients are booked in for manicures I turn the cooker on to low and get half a dozen face cloth size towels and thoroughly soak them in water then squeeze all the excess liquid out. I then place the towels rolled up into the heater and place the lid. When needed they are hot,hot hot.. so be careful not to place directly onto your clients skin, but wow do they do the job.. :) I usually lift the towel out and open it for about half a minute before placing on the clients skin. My clients love them.

i use one of these slow cookers and i use it the just the same but i add some essential oils to them to make them smell nice and the clients love the fact that the towels smell like this and they say to me its like going to spa but cheaper.
lol

jenny

Nail FX said:
I use a slow cooker for my warm towels. Before clients are booked in for manicures I turn the cooker on to low and get half a dozen face cloth size towels and thoroughly soak them in water then squeeze all the excess liquid out. I then place the towels rolled up into the heater and place the lid. When needed they are hot,hot hot.. so be careful not to place directly onto your clients skin, but wow do they do the job.. :) I usually lift the towel out and open it for about half a minute before placing on the clients skin. My clients love them.
I don't mean to be a pain:smack: ............but!how do you take the towels out of the slow cooker if there hot,hot hot.........

TBH I boil a kettle and have my cloths/mitts in a tub and pour the water over them. I do this before the treatment and I find that they cool down enough in the box to put on the clients skin. HTH

Creative Tech said:
I don't mean to be a pain:smack: ............but!how do you take the towels out of the slow cooker if there hot,hot hot.........

They are not too hot for my fingers.. but to place them on my arms then I would feel they would be too hot. Just pick them up (if you have delicate little fingers use a a pair of plastic salad tongues). I normally just put them to 'rest' on my table for about 30 seconds then open them out and you will be able to use them then. Make sure you cooker is on the lowest setting then you will be fine.

Essential oils sounds a great idea Jenny.. which do you use? A lemon one?

I use a lemon essential oil on my face cloths too when I do a manicure.
I don't own a slow cooker so I put mine (slightly damp) in a microwaveable container and pop the micro on for about 30 secs..... mmm lovely and toasty!

If you work near a sink, you can just run the towels under the hot tap

turn the hot water on as hot as your own hands can bear it temperature wise - wet the towel thoroughly and then very quickly wring it out

if it's too hot for your hands, then it's going to be too hot for the client if you think about it, so this method should work fine unless you have a long walk to your sink !

we use the same method for the spa mask on the feet

Gina

www.pronails.co.uk

Pronails Gina said:
If you work near a sink, you can just run the towels under the hot tap

turn the hot water on as hot as your own hands can bear it temperature wise - wet the towel thoroughly and then very quickly wring it out

if it's too hot for your hands, then it's going to be too hot for the client if you think about it, so this method should work fine unless you have a long walk to your sink !

we use the same method for the spa mask on the feet

Gina

www.pronails.co.uk

This is such a good idea! My salons kitchen will be quite small, so this would work perfectly for me! Cant wait to try it out!!

Great thread Sarah! x you have given me a new idea! x

now I have a new idea for that slow cooker I was going to donate.....thanks girls! :)

Nail FX said:
Well you learn somethin every day. When you say slow cooker,erm do you mean as in for cooking casseroles? And if you put them in wet (soaking) then are they not wet when you place them on the client? Sorry, just never heard this before and always looking for new tricks. Sorry if I sound thick:lol: .

Mrs.Clooney said:
Well you learn somethin every day. When you say slow cooker,erm do you mean as in for cooking casseroles? And if you put them in wet (soaking) then are they not wet when you place them on the client? Sorry, just never heard this before and always looking for new tricks. Sorry if I sound thick:lol: .

Well yes they are wet when placed on client.. but only damp as I have wrung the towels out before placing in cooker and they stay in this damp phase if used withing an hour or so. I normally add half a cup of water to the bottom of the cooker too just in case of drying out. The towels are more refreshing if they are damp when taking off manicure and pedicure products :) I bought my slow cooker especially to use in the salon... one of my better purchases lol!!!

Well I splashed out on a proper towel heater before I heard of the slow cooker idea, I was gutted at the amount I had paid in comparison. HOwever it is the best thing I have ever bought. I use mine for everything! Manicures, pedicures, facials ... and after every nail service. When I get the towel out my clients just sigh sweetly and say, ooh this is the best bit! I have nick named them my curry towels ... because it's the same idea as they use in the Curry Houses!

Sassy Hassy said:
I use mine for everything! Manicures, pedicures, facials ... and after every nail service. When I get the towel out my clients just sigh sweetly and say, ooh this is the best bit!

Oooerr mrs..... thats luxury isnt it ;)

i wet the towels and wringe out lightly, roll into shape and place in the microwave, along with a cup of water and heat for 1 minuet, while customer is in the heated mitts /booties. this does the job for me....never thought of using a slow cooker.:)

Nail FX said:

What a brilliant idea!! I have never heard of this for manicures, I LOVE IT, LOVE IT! God my next manicure client is not gonna know whats hit them! Great thread Sarah, a new trick learnt. Thanks!

Essential oils sounds a great idea Jenny.. which do you use? A lemon one?[/quote]

it depends on the treatment when i do manicures i use lemon and facials i use lavender or camomile this helps to relax them more i also put some in a stone which incorporates the treatment.
i got mine from argos only cost me £10.00 best bargain i have ever had and won't be with out it.

jenny

Essential oils sounds a great idea Jenny.. which do you use? A lemon one?[/quote]nail fx

it depends on the treatment when i do manicures i use lemon and facials i use lavender or camomile this helps to relax them more i also put some in a stone which incorporates the treatment.
i got mine from argos only cost me £10.00 best bargain i have ever had and won't be with out it.

jenny

Well, ive got a slow cooker already, so im off to buy some essential oils...sounds lush!! :)

Latest posts

Back