Warning - do not buy from this Ebay Seller!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear your sad tale Jackie :cry: - it sounds like a lot of agro dealing with Ebay....

This is why i dont use them because of their attitude any tom dick or harry can sell what they want without a care for anyone else...I feel if I dont buy or sell on this site I cant get ripped off, there are too many robbers on there for my liking :evil:

Cant this ROBBER be done for breaching 'copy right laws' too? If selling the creative videos and all copys. Creative should be informed that this person is doing this. Heather

hi

This is the kind of thing that totally puts me off e-bay! I know that there are a lot more honest sellers than dishonest but it just really puts me off. I really dont like getting ripped off!
Jackie send the heavies round!

I like so many others do not buy off ebay foe the simple reason, you dont know what you are getting.......... It takes the fun out of going to the shops to have an afternoon away from the kids and hubby and spend some dosh............i love having a wander on my own and having a look at what you can buy.

This person is takin the p**s out of alot of innocent people and something should be done about it!:irked:

There is a lesson to be learned with this thread!!:hug:
Amanda

Ebay have a square trade seller dispute on their site it will cost you to have a mediator but you may have some joy that way. Negative feedback is a good way to warn others but the way she has approached the situation is disgusting. Always try and pay by paypal as at least you can claim the money back from them. I am not sure if your bank can try and claim the money back but that option may be worthwhile. Sellers like this give ebay a bad name. I have bought AND SOLD LOTS OF THINGS ON THERE AND UNFOTUNATELY YOU GET A FEW BAD APPLES. Sorry getting irate with them and caps lock slipped. If you have sent money and it has been cashed she is the one who will loose in the small claims court, make sure you keep all emails but she will probably change her user name ( I think that she has done this previously). Ask ebay for her detqils and you may at least get an address for her and phone number, you may have to get a bit clever and send the police round for fraud investigation.

Hope this helps
and good luck

x

Jackie
That's horrible.
Please make sure you report her to ebay and they will investigate the matter
Deb379

the only way to cover your ass on ebay is to use paypal when you do and that problem happens ebay cant help you because they have record of it and paypal has insurance

what items is she selling ? i cant find her

kat

i found her, she has got a bad reputation make sure you report her ...

its not that bad, yes some people can rip you off. but really thats what the feedback is for. look at that first and it will tell you if there has been any problems with the seller.
ive been on ebay buying and selling for over 2 years and so far, i have no problems at all.
yes, people are saying that they don't trust the sellers as they are cashing the cheque and not sending the goods, but can't that happen when people are advertising on Nail Geek or BACTAC, when you have to send cheques or cashhow do you know that they are not conning you?????????

Like a few others have said I too won't even look at e-bay (apart from those disgusting toenails, oh and Emma's BB case!) let alone buy from it. There is too much of an element of trust, and having worked with car salesmen for 5 years I have learnt not to trust anyone lol!

Jackie, I would print off all the neg reports as this is proof that your is not a one off, she is by all accounts a con artist. I would have thought that ebay will jump on this one as they have had quite a lot of negative press in the UK recently.

How about threatening her with "Watchdog", not sure if you get the BBC in Eire but if you have seen it then they love this sort of thing to get their teeth into. Just an idea.

Good luck hun, I hate it when b******s like this rip off us hard working honest peeps and they need their comeuppance.

Thanks to everyone (and for all the pm's - I'll answer you all!) for your support.

Well I've sent in an Online Fraud Report to Ebay giving them all the details, and I have a friend whoworks in the complaint part of Ebay so she's going to make sure it gets dealt with quickly.

I've received more emails from the seller..... this one when I asked what her intentions were regarding either replacement or refund should the e-file not turn up....

"My intentions are not to help anyone who leaves a neg on our account thorugh
no fault of our own.. We would have refunded you after the 15 day period but
after you just doing that now,, Forget it..."

and this one when I said I would take her to the small claims court then....

"What a fool you are .. you go spend 250 in the small claims court just to
open the case and then lose because you will.. You asked for insurance and
insurance was paid for it was sent special now if the post office was
mistaken by accepting that first parcel that is not our problem, But It
wiill stand up in court...
Any more emails now Must come from your solicitor or through ebay ..
Anything in writing from your solicitor only.
Good luck!"

The 'special' she is talking about is when she tried to send it to Ireland using 'special delivery' instead of 'airsure' - she's trying to blame me for this one. The parcel was returned to her so she's talking outof her backside when she says she can use this as proof because it didnt get delivered to me...... some of the things she has sent me in email just prove she doesn't know what the heck she is talking about- it's actually quite amusing - or would be if I wasn't down on £168!!!!

I have her name and address, she lives just down the road from some friends of mine who are begging me to let them 'call' on her to try to sort this out in person. I'd rather sort it out 'legally' though and will give Ebay a chance
first, apparently I may be able to get just over £100 back from them. If that fails then I will take her to the small claims court - depsite her trying to make out I'll lose, I know this isn't the case. It's just damn long-winded.

I do have a nice little 'revenge tactic' lined up for her, all perfectly legal, and it will land her in a lot of hot water. I believe she is a member of this board so I'm not giving anything away. Who was it who said "revenge is a dish best served cold"??? :twisted:

Hi Jackie

Make sure you keep all thes 'lovely' emails - they are great evidence for you .
Sounds like she's digging her own grave!
Bust this 'B' all the way!

Love to know what your revenge is - let us know when you can won't you?

Best of Luck

SHE IS REGISTERED ON THIS SITE AS A GEEK. Sarah Lou and i discovered her as a registered user and managed to track her down as this oasis-nails on ebay - she left comments on the ebay sticky thread on THIS SITE regarding how she sends here items (check it out....)...she is a registered user of the Nail Geek website as DESIRENAILS...i have emailed sam about her 2 days ago...

Tickled Pink! said:
SHE IS REGISTERED ON THIS SITE AS A GEEK. Sarah Lou and i discovered her as a registered user and managed to track her down as this oasis-nails on ebay - she left comments on the ebay sticky thread on THIS SITE regarding how she sends here items (check it out....)...

Yeah..... I've just been laughing at it and also another one where she tells one of our memebrs that Insurance is SO important!!!!! That's why I requested it when I sent her a cheque for £168! Pity she doesn't practice what she preaches.

I'm sure CND will get on her case about the pirate CND videos she is selling and for using their logo, as will the other company's when they've been informed. :wink2: BTW - that's not what I have in mind, that's still to come and I will let you know when I've done it! :D

JackieMc said:
I'm sure CND will get on her case about the pirate CND videos she is selling and for using their logo, as will the other company's when they've been informed. :wink2: BTW - that's not what I have in mind, that's still to come and I will let you know when I've done it! :D
Just to confirm... has someone informed all the other companies who's logos have been (really badly!!) copied to her website? If not - we should do it soon?
Good luck Jackie - let us know if we can help...
x

JackieMc said:
. :wink2: BTW - that's not what I have in mind, that's still to come and I will let you know when I've done it! :D
cant wait jackie.......go girl :D

I cannot understand how she can keep re-registering on ebay when she gets kicked off so often. Surely ebay must do something about this bring in usage of ip addresses for the computers we use and then she and others like her cannot reregister.

These sellers are sly with feedback I have noticed it more and more, they wait to see what feedback you write, in your case Jackie a neg and too right bloody so, and then they leave neg for you. It used to be the way that the seller leaves feedback upon receipt of payment not on receipt of their own feedback.

Jackie have you pulled her details hun? Phone number, maybe you can give her a ring before you send the heavies in lol.

I also informed Sam of 'desirenails' and who she is on ebay but I don't think anything can be done, this whole ebay thing is really getting out of hand, if you all go to ebay comments as said on the home page and leave your views on the whole situation, more people leave comments the better, maybe just maybe something can be done about this whole situation.

I feel for you Jackie I really do but the sad fact is it she has probably done it to so many other people aswell. Let us know how things progress but as I informed you earliar she is a member of this site now so maybe keep it under your hat until its sorted out:wink2:

All the best babe xxx

notice 'desirenails' is keeping a low profile now...wonder why?

Dianne shes probably changed her name lol

Tickled Pink! said:
notice 'desirenails' is keeping a low profile now...wonder why?
she's probably re-registered under a different username... seems to work for her on ebay???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back