Warning - do not buy from this Ebay Seller!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JackieMc

Reaction score
On the 10th September I bought an e-file from this Ebay seller 'nail-oasis ' previously known as 'Bodyworks UK' or something like that. My mum paid by UK cheque for me, which was cashed. Included in the cheque was the postage this seller had asked for which was £9 plus another £4 if I wanted it sent insured - I paid the extra to have it sent insured as I had just paid £155 for the e-file.

To this day I've not received it. The buyer tried to blame me for her sending it incorrectly the first time (she had asked if Dublin was in Northern Ireland, to which I told her no, it was in the Republic of Ireland), her version now is that she asked me if it could be sent the same as a package in the UK! Erm, hello???? You're the buyer, you have my full address, ask your post office!!!

So anyway, she says at her own expense she will re-send the package by Airsure. A few days go by and I ask her for the 'track & trace' number of the Airsure package and she says she didn't send it by Airsure as it would have cost over £25 (then why does she have £9 plus £4 STILL on her listings for overseas insured postage?). She says she has sent it out by 'Small Packet' and taken out extra insurance on it. She even emails me the 'Proof of Posting' receipt. I asked her for the insurance details but she say "they dont do the extra insurance sheets now its all done
on that receipt", which I thought sounded a bit dodgy, but gave her the benefit of the doubt.

The parcel was posted (eventually and almost a month after I'd sent her payment, but I won't go into how she didn't have the actual item in stock at the time...... so why is it being sold on Ebay if she doesn't have it? ) on 7th October and should have taken 3 to 5 days maximum. I've been back and forth in email querying this with her and it turns out she DIDN'T send it insured (she must have forgotten that she told me she took extra insurance on it!) and that Proof of Posting will only cover up to £28. She's told ne I will have to wait another 15 days before she can put in a claim.

I left negative feedback for her on Ebay as this has been a horrible experience and I have just received this email from her in the last few minutes...

"My intentions are not to help anyone who leaves a neg on our account thorugh no fault of our own.. We would have refunded you after the 15 day period but after you just doing that now,, Forget it..."

This is pure and simple blackmail! So - buyer beware - if you value your money and want to avoid 'blackmailers' - steer clear of this seller!!! I have written back to them and told them that I will give them a chance to retract this 'rash' statement as it is blackmail and that I will be taking them to the Small Claims Court if I don't receive either my money or the e-file, here's the reponse to that one, sounds like another threat to me.....

You have tried to make out we are thiefs in the feedback I can also take matters into my own hands on them grounds With ebay. You either remove it and then I will make sure this is sorted out or feel free to leave it and take us to the small claims court where you will find you will be fighting
against Royal Mail Not us as we have all the paperwork , Choose wisely
BWUK

Any thoughts on how best to deal with this person? I'd rather not go through the Small Claims Court, (but will if I have to) and despite what they say above, I've been told that my claim would be against them, as the vendor, for not sending the item insured when I had paid for and requested it. And that they would have to make their claim with the Royal Mail.

jackie - does this ebay trader print her name over the pictures of the items she is selling?

i have had dealings with her before she is a con artist sells COPIED en videos and creative winning nail videos ALL COPIES
she allways changes her user i.d and has her user i.d name printed over her item pictures and she has had lots of negative feedback, hense why she changes her user id.
known as.nailwork, bodyworx, body-works, now nail oasis
i would print her real name but dont know if thats allowed.
like jackie says she is a con artist and if you leave negative feedback on her she leaves really nasty remarks back

Thats the one! At present goes by the name of 'Nail-Oasis' but I'm sure that will change soon! I should have known better - she has heaps of negative feedback and always retaliates with negative feedback for the buyers too, whether they deserve it or not. She's lied about me in my feedback and says I lied about where I live to get the item quicker!!! Now why on earth would I do that - surely if I gave the wrong country I wouldn't get the item al all!! At leaat all my other feedback is positive so this one doesn't bother me at all.

Hiya Jackie,
I think we place a large amount of trust in each other when buying and selling through the post. This person sounds dispicable, I hope you get a satisfactory result.
One of the things that puzzled me was this sellers p&p prices.
Recently I have sold my Essential nails kit, I sent it through the post at basic cost, admittedly in UK...forgot to ask buyer for p&p :rolleyes: ...and my proof of posting said it was automatically insured up to the value of £150.
I find the £28 ins. a bit a bit low, have you checked this?
Dont have any answers for you but, am keeping my fingers crossed for ya. xx

Dang! I just bought a video from her.
I hate people like this! Hopefully things will all go OK, if not I am lucky only to have lost £10, not £100 :s
I have had some problem sellers before, one girl took over a month to send my stuff but thankfully I'd previously spoken to someone who'd had problems with her who gave me tips on how to handle her, but it shouldn't be up to us having to pander to these bad sellers.
I would contact Ebay as they have a claim resolving area. Knowing Ebay it might take a while, but provided you have kept copies of every email sent and received (I now do this with any Ebay transactions out of habit) hopefully you will win out. Good luck!!!
Lol x

Hi Jackie hun

im really sorry to hear about this and the subsequent hassles you're having with it. I do hope its sorted soon for you and hope something can be done with this person so that other people do not experience the same

If there is anything i can do this end to help, just ask

kx

Hi Jackie,

I sell on e-bay, I have to say that the e-mails you have recieved are rather rude. :sad:

Have you reported the seller to e-bay? I know that you can also use the square trade to negotiate between both the buyer and the seller.

With regard to receipts, this is the new way of proof of postage but it has to written on the receipt by the cashier. I think the seller needs to clarify with you how the item was sent to you. If it was by Airsure she could give this reference number for you to look up on the royal mail website.

When I send my items to e-bay customers I alway obtain a proof of postage. Although the items I sell are not as expensive as what you have paid them.

You can add a responce to the negative feedback she has left you, so anyone looking can see what you say about it.

I hope you resolve the issue soon.

Jenny

Oh Jackie , what a shame. Surely ebay has some redress on this 'trader'.
Does anyone know her location as it is not listed in her profile.

manchester but dont know if it is allowed to give out more details

Obviously you'll have her address from sending the payment, I also have it if you need it Jackie, but not sure what you could do with it other than if you end up sending a solicitor's letter?
Try to see what Ebay can do to fix it all first.
Lol x

Poor you Jackie - she sounds a really nasty piece of work - the fact that she has 18 negatives shows that she's not the most honourable of Ebay Sellers and perhaps Ebay will be a little more prepared to help for that reason alone. I know there is some form of compensation scheme in place there, but not sure how it works or how much it comes to.

I see someone has now gone in and given her a further negative on another auction so I really hope Ebay will deal with this character.

Did you check out http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/confidence/online-fraud-complaint.html and also https://tools2.ebay.co.uk/ofcp/EnterItemNumber.aspx?

joannerowsell said:
manchester but dont know if it is allowed to give out more details
Anyone actually involved in a specific transaction on Ebay can automatically request that Seller's registered Ebay details, including the address/phone number that will have been verified with credit card info etc.

Good luck with it Jackie, I'd see what e bay has to say before doing anything else, trouble is sellers like her will just reregister and use a new name, that should not be allowed!

regards to the posting, it is usually insured for £28, i always pay extra if the item i am sending costs more, for my own peice of mind really, i think i only paid an extra £1 odd for posting something this morning, and that was to insure it to the value of £200.

Good Luck Jackie, let us know how you get on and if there is anything we can do to help! x

i've been done twice by 2 different ebay sellers and it has put me off useing the website.. :sad:

Blimey - that is shocking!!! :evil:

I brought a 'practise sheet' off this woman and also recieved rude emails. She said I hadn't paid when she had already cashed my cheque!!! I also emailed her politely asking when my goods would arrive and still she reported ME to Ebay!!! :mad: Luckily for me it was only £3.50, but still not an experience I'd like to repeat.

I wish you luck dealing with this. Be strong. The geeks are behind you! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Kx

Have you noticed that the feedback percentage for this idiot is 95.7%. How can that be........with 18 negatives????!!!:rolleyes:

Martine

Me again I have just read through all the negatives left on for this seller :rolleyes: It doesn't make good reading. There is definitely an attitude problem with this seller.

Sadly I have to confess that I too have bought a video from this Ebayer (feedback wasn't looking toooooooooooo bad at the time so took the chance)

Unfortunately, its a copy, not a really bad one I grant, but it does do a bit of colour flashing at the start. It's given away by the fact that its still got the re-record tag in it, its a 32 minute programme on a 3 hour tape, the label on it doesn't look extremely professional and the cover inside the case is obviously photocopied onto paper & has the distinctive oversize/unbalance that multiple photocopying gives.

I was sent a slip thanking me for my purchase & offering me 10% off my next order (yeah, right, like thats gonna happen :lol: ) it also had the website of the seller's store on it.
.......... click on "home" on the site & up pops a rather tatty looking banner with many companies logos including EZ Flow, Creative, NSI, OPI, Nailtiques, Star Nails giving the "impression" they are trading these companies products. They are selling "professional kits" but no mention of just which companies products are in the kits.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back