Wary of a Client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Hayley,
I know that you have already done the tanning, however, for future refeerence, go by your gut instincts and not do it or have your mobile phone in your hand at the ready. The other question to ask yourself is "is it really worth the risk?" I personnaly don't think so, I have turned away a few clients in my time and not given it a second thought. Please let us know how it went, perhaps we could all learn a lesson lol:hug:

I just have to make a quick comment here about trusting your gut instinct....

If something seems off, or if you get that quiet voice in your head, PLEASE pay attention.

I worked mobile when starting out, and was called to a home in a very well-to-do neighborhood.

Instantly I had that 'feeling'. Something was off, although I couldn't put my finger on it.

A man wanted to buy a gift certificate for his wife, who was at a party with his children, could I drop it off now? And perhaps, I could do a manicure as he was a painter and his wife complained that his hands were always a mess.

I told my husband that I was uneasy. He said I was being ridiculous. I left the address on the counter and told him to call for help if I wasn't home by a certain time. He laughed me off. So, to be safe, I called my Dad and gave him the address as well.

To make a long story short (I'm sorry if I'm rambling) the man was a pervert with a foot fetish and locked me in his house demanding I show him my toes!!!

With some craftiness and a strong desire to get to safety-I did finally manage to get out.

It was absolutely terrifying.

Please, please, please....trust your gut!

Omg how awful for you, I hope you called the police? :eek:

Hi again!

Sorry I havent got back sooner - I couldnt find the thread (oops)!

I had such a horrible feeling about going so in the end I took my mum. Actually my mum demanded she was coming! SHe had actually been to the address during the day to have a look where it was!

We went there that evening and I just didnt want to go in. From the first fonecall things didnt seem to add up.

I paniked so much outside I ended up calling her to cancel - and made my mum drive me home! If I look bad - theres nufin I can do. I havent felt that way about anywhere else I have been to. To actually get up to the 11th floor of her flat - I had to go up to the 3rd floor of another block and cross the bridge to get into her block then up another however many stairs! I just didnt trust it and didnt go. She hasnt foned back since and I hope she doesnt. MY next prob is - what to say when she next calls!

I will always trust my gut instinct as it is not worth the price of a spray tan!

If i felt like that with evry client - I obvioulsy couldnt do this job mobile. But I dont - this has been the only one and I think I made the right decision not to go!

Thanks for evry1s advice x

glad you used your instinct,us women have it for a reason, and you really did make the effort,I wonder why she hasnt phoned back?? I would of,just to moan,OMG I have all this to go through yet,as Im doing my spray tan course on monday,

If she does phone,then just be honest with her,as shes a woman,Im sure she would understand :hug:

Hi again!
To actually get up to the 11th floor of her flat - I had to go up to the 3rd floor of another block and cross the bridge to get into her block then up another however many stairs! I just didnt trust it and didnt go. She hasnt foned back since and I hope she doesnt. MY next prob is - what to say when she next calls!

If you really don't want to go tell and she calls again tell her you are no longer going to flats if they don't have lifts. :hug: I would not want to carry anything to the 11th floor!

I think you did the right thing, always go with your instinct, there must have been something fishy for you to even think about it, otherwise you wouldnt have. If she rings back, tell her you dont do it anymore, simple as that xx

Oooh I wondered how it went . . .

I think you did ABSOLUTELY the right thing, no question about it. That inner voice is there for a reason, well done for listening to it hunny :hug:

Hi,
Just read this thread now (Having a late working night!! On a Saturday...how sad!!)...I agree with everyone, you did the right thing. I remember when I first started mobile work, and I did feel like that a lot. But I think that was more down to me being unconfident than anything.

The more clients you go to see will knock the butterflies out of you...but if you think something's really not right, then you must must MUST listen to that little voice. I would absolutely have done the same thing in your shoes. Well done for going with your gut instinct, it's not always that clear cut!!

You never know, it might have all been absolutely fine...but would it really have been worth going against your instincts just to find out? I think not. Girl power! Trust that little voice; I know it's saved me a few times!

definitly did the right thing, you cant be too sure these days
x

If you really don't want to go tell and she calls again tell her you are no longer going to flats if they don't have lifts. :hug: I would not want to carry anything to the 11th floor!

Maybe this was the problem ?? maybe other therapists didnt want to carry stuff up all those flights, and you sounded willing to?? just a thought :)

Latest posts

Back