Wary of a Client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HayleySullivan

Reaction score
Hi,

I am a little worried so thought I would ask for some advice!!

I am a worrier anyway so not sure if this is just me!

I had an introductory offer on for spray tans for 1 month offering them half price to get people in as I have only just started and have no clients. (Have some now tho as a result of the offer : )!!! ) A women foned 2 weeks ago asking for a spray tan and i informed her that the offer was now finished and the tans were full price, she said thats fine and still wanted it done. The other problem was I was going on holiday the next morning so she asked if I could do it that night. I said I couldnt as it was already 7 pm and I still had another 2 people to fit in. I told her I would take her number and call her when I get back from holiday (in 2 weeks). If she could wait that long. SHe said its fine and dont worry about calling her when I got back- and we left it at that. I just assumed she would prob get it done somewhere else.

I got back from holiday on Monday and on Tuesday (last night) the women phoned at around 7pm left a message asking for a spray tan. I didnt get the message till about 10 pm lastnight as I was busy. I didnt no if it was too late to call her back but in the end decided too (it was a house number).

I asked when she wanted the tan - she said that she didnt mind. (which i thought was strange, surely you must want the tan for a reason and have a day in mine i.e. - looking tanned for the weekend/an evening out during the week - or jsut to feel good). So then I suggested early next week. and she said actually how about this thursday (which i cant do as I am already fully booked). We both ended up speaking at the same time her saying the only night I CANT do is 2mo, and me saying that the night I CAN do is 2mo. So she then said ok thats fine! I thought that was a bit weird too as I no I heard her say she couldnt do wensday.

I am just a bit worried as I am not sure why she would wait 2 weeks for me to get back to have her tan. I am not cheaper than any1 else, there are loads of mobile spray tanners in my area, she was not referred to me by someone - she had one of my flyers. She doesnt mind when she has it done.

I have also not been doing this long so am maybe thinking bout things too much!

She also lives on about 11th floor flat so I am worried about that too. If anything was to happen in a house - you just walk out the front door - but she lives 11 floors up!!

Am I worrying for no reason?

probably lol, what are you actually worried about? because she tried to re-book and didnt go elsewhere? maybe she did go elsewhere and didnt like it while you were away? maybe she liked the way you came across on the phone? could be all sorts of reasons... why do you think she's doing it? :lol:

I have people book me just because, don't always mind when they have it done etc so I dont think that is wierd as such...

surely there must be some time that suited both of you especially if she's not bothered when she has it.

I have been to loads of flats and the only time it bothered me was when I arrived and I pressed the buzzer, was also quite a few floors up, and a man answered and said 'come up' :eek: I was there to do his girlfriend but then it suddenly went through my mind that I dont know what i'm going to find when I get up there! it was all fine and she answered the door when I got upstairs but it did go through my mind for a split second...

Yea thats the thing I am worried about when I get up to the 11th floor and if its a bloke there or something! Then theres not many places to go once you are there - rather than if it was a house - you would still be standing on the drive when you knock!!

I just found it strange that she wanted it done 2 weeks ago and I couldnt do it so has foned me the day after I get back to have it done by me. Dont get me wrong I am not complaining of the custom - I really need it. Jus got a funny feelin about this and have no idea y! I havent felt like this with anyone else I have been to!!

Thanks for your reply tho - put me more at ease! x

well if you really think its something strange then dont go :eek: or tell her the only way you can fit her in is if she can come to you. I'd be more wary if it was a bloke probably, although there are some wierd females about :green: maybe she wont call you again anyway..

oops mis read your post, are you going to tan her today then?

Well she is booked in for tonight. The only night she said she can not make! lol

So I am meant to be going to her at 7. I dont want to look unproffessional and cancel. But maybe asking her to come to me would be better - but she has obvioulsy booked me being mobile for a reason otherwise she could have had it done in a shop!

Just thought I would see what advice everyone on here had for me first before I decided what to do!

x

could anyone go with you this time and wait in the car? I've done that before when i've gone to tan men :eek: lol at least they'll know if anything is up, or get someone to call you on the mobile 5 mins after you arrive, you could have a keyword, something like if I say 'i'll get fish and chips on the way home' they know you need them lol, I feel like Miss Marple here!!! that way you don't make yourself look a wally and you know that you'll be safe if anything turns out to be dodgy!

couldnt you take a friend with you?? and say that shes interested in doing spraytans too and would like some visual experience, then maybe offer her a discount for allowing it? then youd know for next time if you go back :)

Yea! That is a good idea actually. I might get someone to come and wait in the car - I am sure my mum wont mind!!

The phonecall thing is also good - and yes very Miss Marple!!

I bet I get there tonight and she is such a nice person and I have been completly ridiculous!! Its just this time being thrown into a different situation than I have been in before.

Thanks so much x

dont think that many people would be happy about that - most of my clients dont like getting undressed in front of me let alone anyone else :green:

post tomorrow and tell us how it was please im curious now lol

dont think that many people would be happy about that - most of my clients dont like getting undressed in front of me let alone anyone else :green:

mm true??

Yes I will let you no! Thats if I actually go!!!

I think I have been watching too many films!! Scaring myself.

you've got to go now just to find out! if you dont you'll worry everytime the phone rings that it might be her!

She probably wants it done after the holiday to look like she has been away. :hug: It doesn't sound dodgy to me but definitely take someone in the car if you are worried and mention that they are there when you arrive.:hug:

If the client lives on the 11th floor, why dont you get someone to 'help' you with your equipment to the door and then go wait in the car, so that the client knows you are not alone.

Curlywurly you beat me to it, I was just thinking, why not get someone to help with your equipment, specially as it's 11th floor that would be very sensible lol!

I worry too, when I was mobile I always felt quite vulnerable until I got to know people. If it was me, actually, I would probably have backed out by now (and maybe lost a good client, but there you go lol)

Maybe she's been promising herself a little treat and liked the sound of you on the phone, maybe you made her feel comfortable (very important for spray tanning).

Let us know later how you get on xx :hug:

i would not go on my own !! i would take someone with me and say they were training it may be ok but nothing is worth the price off a tan!!!!

let us know how you get on x:)

Well?? how did it go??? thought you were gonna let us know :eek:

Latest posts

Back