Water Marbling

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glorsclaws

Photographic Geek
Reaction score
Got my nail art class tonight and am sooo tired from Olympia. :zzz:
I just know its going to be a hard one :rolleyes:
This evenings session is water marbling, so I am anticipating heavy use of couch roll and polish remover, lol!.
Ive already been having a play, red & bronze looks pretty cool in the flesh but, hasnt shown up too well in the pics for some reason...

Attachments

• Copy of Picture 1338.jpg
    Copy of Picture 1338.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 341
  • Picture 1344.jpg
    Picture 1344.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 537
They look really lovely Glo your student ar lucky having you teach them think you need to come to one of our geek meets and do some with us
x

w o w
Glors these are fantastic ..... what are you goint to nail art classes for again hun ???? !

kx

ahhhhhhhhhhh your the TEACHER !!! now that makes total sense :smack: ! lol

kx

scattyfox said:
They look really lovely Glo your student ar lucky having you teach them think you need to come to one of our geek meets and do some with us
x

Love the pinky one Glors :cool:
Your sure making use of your camera lol

OOOh am I over doing the piccies, :o :o :o
I am really tired but still hyper from Olympia .... a girl has to do something with an itchy trigger finger, :wink2: pmsl!!!!

No Glors keep em coming love a good piccie:)

marbleing is fabbbbbbbbbbb glor as usual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they will love watching how you do them !!

GloBug, your marbling is superb!! Well done Chicha ;) The french one is fantastic, keep them coming xx

xxlaylaxx

Why can't I get this to work for me - I read Layla's tutorial (thank you) but I end up with this weird clear film on the top of the water and I can't swirl the colours together as it goes like the skin on custard :mad:

Help me please :o

Thanks
Trin
xx

Trinity Nails said:
Why can't I get this to work for me - I read Layla's tutorial (thank you) but I end up with this weird clear film on the top of the water and I can't swirl the colours together as it goes like the skin on custard :mad:

Thanks
Trin
xx

Me too!! Mine always ends up like a brown splodge on my nails :o .......and how do you manage to keep the tip white,Glo?!

Heya Trinity, I get this too sometimes. Make sure the water suface is clean before applying varnish to it.
You have to swirl as soon as possible before it begins to set. Also, when swirling, don't swirl from the outside; always begin to swirl IN the varnish, because as soon as the varnish hits the water, a clear film sets around it. I drip one colour in, wait a sec until it has spread out, thenn quicker add the next drop. Then stick the cocktail stick in the middle and swirl baby swirl!

I hope this helps, I'm naff at descibing stuff like this though!! I might draw up a tutotial on paint so you can see clearly!! Lol!!

It may also be the type of enamel you're using...I've found cremes work better than frosted etc.
xx

they are brill
love the red & bronze

LayStar said:
Heya Trinity, I get this too sometimes. Make sure the water suface is clean before applying varnish to it.
You have to swirl as soon as possible before it begins to set. Also, when swirling, don't swirl from the outside; always begin to swirl IN the varnish, because as soon as the varnish hits the water, a clear film sets around it. I drip one colour in, wait a sec until it has spread out, thenn quicker add the next drop. Then stick the cocktail stick in the middle and swirl baby swirl!

I hope this helps, I'm naff at descibing stuff like this though!! I might draw up a tutotial on paint so you can see clearly!! Lol!!

It may also be the type of enamel you're using...I've found cremes work better than frosted etc.
xx

Perhaps I wait too long :o I'm soo busy watching what happens in fascination :green: Do you kind of move the skin to one side to allow your finger in the water, then bring the nail up under the swirls, kinda scooping up the custard like skin as you go, or stick your finger in the swirls???

Damn it's hard to explain isn't it!!!

Once you've created your swirly pattern...dunk your finger in!! Right into it! Then once you've finished, scoop all the varnish and skin out of the water, you may need to do this several times until its thoroughly cleaned, sometimes you get bits of clear skin floating on the surface, which will interfere when you do your next round!!

xxx

where can I find Layla's tutorials? for this I have looked bur can not see them.

Thanks

Caz xxx

Trinity Nails said:

Thanks
Trin
xx

caz3 said:
where can I find Layla's tutorials? for this I have looked bur can not see them.

Thanks

Caz xxx

Hi Caz3
They are on Layla's website - here is a link to her Nail Art pages - water marbelling is the very last item at the bottom:-

http://kookynails.tripod.com/id5.html

LayStar said:
Once you've created your swirly pattern...dunk your finger in!! Right into it! Then once you've finished, scoop all the varnish and skin out of the water, you may need to do this several times until its thoroughly cleaned, sometimes you get bits of clear skin floating on the surface, which will interfere when you do your next round!!

xxx

Perhaps because I was waiting too long, but when I dunked my finger into the swirls and pulled it out, the skin flipped down back over the nails messing up what was originally going quite well :twisted:

It's a messy job and took me ages to clean the polish off my fingers afterwards - I got one good one out of it though

We need a video demo on your site :D

Thanks Layla - I'll have another play

LayStar said:
GloBug, your marbling is superb!! Well done Chicha ;) The french one is fantastic, keep them coming xx

xxlaylaxx
Thanx Chicha.... I had a great teacher, lol! :wink2:
However, from time to time a student has to disagree with their teacher in order to progress, pmsl!!!
In other words hun... I get great results with frosted polishes... check the bronze out here.

Caz, Layla's tutorial is here www.kookynails.tripod.com/

Attachments

• Picture 1345.jpg
    Picture 1345.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 253
Thanks very much must have a go and see what a mess I make LOL!!!!

Caz xxx

Trinity Nails said:
Hi Caz3
They are on Layla's website - here is a link to her Nail Art pages - water marbelling is the very last item at the bottom:-

http://kookynails.tripod.com/id5.html

Latest posts

Back