Water Nail Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chicagoprmami

Reaction score
I just finished doing the water nail on myself and I had some problems.

When I attached the nail tip with nail glue on the bottom nail tip, and then when I was filling/coverin the open sides of the two tips, the clear acrlyic was being pushed inside the middle of the space where the water would show. and once I filled it with water and glitter, it didnt seem to move as much. And when I filled the top up, it was also pushed in between the two tips and shows.

How do I fix this for future practice? Do I have to let the acrylic dry or what? How much air do I leave in the space?

PLEASE HELP:!: :!:

(I will post pics once I finish everything.)

I use a small amount of glue, and clear arylic everything else, But I have the same problem with the water... nothing moves. I'll be watching this post.

I use a small amount of glue, and clear arylic everything else, But I have the same problem with the water... nothing moves. I'll be watching this post.

Well, the water moves a bit and if my nail is shaken, it shows, but my main problem is sealing up the sides of the two nail tips. I'm actually still filing and putting the final touches on it now.

wow - never heard of 'water nails'. do you have any pics to show at all?:eek:

I am baffled how to do this also. Got a tutorial?:green:

You glue 2 clear nails together only around the seams, fill it with water, glitter and some gems, seal it with clear acrylic and apply to natural nail as you would an enhancement. I do think there is a tutorial step by step, do a search for it....

There is another easier way to do a water nail if you buy some of the little wobbly eyes from a craft shop, You take the back off one of them and remove the black pupil and fill the bubble with glitter etc then stick the clear bubble onto the nail and syringe your liquid into the bubble near to the bottom is best and seal with acrylic Once you have your bubble done you can then apply your l&P around it and you will have a water nail :)

There is another easier way to do a water nail if you buy some of the little wobbly eyes from a craft shop, You take the back off one of them and remove the black pupil and fill the bubble with glitter etc then stick the clear bubble onto the nail and syringe your liquid into the bubble near to the bottom is best and seal with acrylic Once you have your bubble done you can then apply your l&P around it and you will have a water nail :)

Haha, thats cheating!! GOOD IDEA THOUGH!! :lol: :lol:

Do they not end up really thick?

:confused: Do you l&p over entire tip with clear and doesn't it make the extension really long? I would love to do one just to show it off. There was a thread on this, Victoria (love her) put up a website address that showed you how to do it. Would love to see pics when finished.

Teri x:)

even they eyes look good embedded in acrylic, i've done a few and they crack people up in niteclubs after a few drinks:)

even they eyes look good embedded in acrylic, i've done a few and they crack people up in niteclubs after a few drinks:)

haha, yeah I can imagine it now!! LOL :eek: :lol:

I will do one this week and post a pic of it :hug:

This technique works if you just want a small circle/bubble of water, but the way I did it and was questioning, was the entire nail full of water. I have completed it and will post a picture, but my ONLY issue is when I use acrylic to make "walls" and seal the sides, the acrylic gets pushed into the space where the water goes. SO I guess I'm going to have to use less acrylic and press softer.

BUT thanks for your way of doing it, cause I had seen a picture of that and was wondering how that was done. VERY SMART...THANX:!:

Latest posts

Back